Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on Cracked:

Kevin Smith talking about the Superman script he wrote at one point.

So hilarious!

Smith got involved with Chevy Chase for Fletch movie. Chevy wanted to be in it, Smith wanted Lee. Turns out Chevy is a douchebag. It was going to be the first Fletch book. I've only read Confess Fletch. I also read Smith's Green Hornet comic he wrote that studio reject I think and went with CGI movie.

A pretty great piece of shit.

Anywho, finally got around to picking up The Dark Night on blu-ray tonight. Ended up getting it for $5 due to Best Buy's "$5 towards certain blu's when you trade in any DVD" sale. Also picked up the first season of Justified for $15 on blu-ray and the X-Files movie, Fight The Future, which I got for $5 as well. :)

watched 44 inch chest last night.

never seen a more pointless movie. very little happens. i can see what they were trying to do but it was poorly executed. they have a skeleton of a movie, a basic concept but they seemed to have decided that was enough to make a movie.

it needed some tarintino style dialogue

Guest Len B'stard

Watched Banksy's Exit through the gift shop last night. I really enjoyed that. :lol:

I been meaning to watch that actually but a mate of mine told me it was shite and more about this bloke Banksy decided to stitch up than actually Banksy himself. Gonna give it a whirl though i think.

Live Forever: The Rise & Fall of Britpop - REALLY good documentary although its quite terrifying to see someone you lived through and clearly remember being effectively made into history. I've never had that happen to me before. Also it gives me a bit of perspective on like....all these past fuckin like, movements or whatever and their cultural significance cuz fuck me, i lived through that and i don't remember nothing "in the air", i remember it being fuckin shit, i remember being skint, not having any money, i remember nicking most of the cds i had, i remember getting taped copies of fuckin Def Maybe and Morning Glory, i remember buying tons of singles cuz i could afford them and i just...i dunno, its weird cuz it's contextualised and they lay it out and it's like alright, that happened, that happened, that happened as well but then its like...it was still shit though...sort of :lol: I dunno. Makes me think y'know, swinging 60s and all that, The Beatles in the charts, cultural revolution, whoooo, i bet life was still shit in the lower middle class 3 bed semi's though :lol:

Looks like i did live through something after all, Britpop, whoooo, pass me the union jack pillow case!

Watched Banksy's Exit through the gift shop last night. I really enjoyed that. :lol:

Live Forever: The Rise & Fall of Britpop - REALLY good documentary although its quite terrifying to see someone you lived through and clearly remember being effectively made into history.

Pffft! If you can remember it then you clearly weren't there! ;):P

Guest Len B'stard

Live Forever: The Rise & Fall of Britpop - REALLY good documentary although its quite terrifying to see someone you lived through and clearly remember being effectively made into history.

Pffft! If you can remember it then you clearly weren't there! ;):P

Definitely not man, at least not in terms of doing lines of sniff off a toilet roll dispenser in the gents in some dirty little pub in Camden etc, i was only 11/12/13 when it was kicking off, i didn't go to Knebworth i didn't...i didn't particularly anything except aqquire all the albums and go to school (sometimes :lol:) thats sort of my point, i WAS that generation of kids in the proper sense and i don't remember it being some luminous time, Cool Britannia and all that i remember it being fuckin shit...or was it, i'm not sure after watching that documentary, maybe i didn't know any better cuz i was dealt a good hand y'know, especially from nows recession perspective, those WERE fuckin good times and i mean in more than just a good tunes sense i mean like, economically and culturally and everything but economics don't really effect you when you've never held an amount exceeding 50 quid in your hands let alone had of your own sooo...:lol:

I dunno, it was all shit to me but it's weird watching like...your generation become like, y'know, its like the 60s/70s/80s now, the 90s, its a fuckin long time ago and i feel like ready for the fuckin knackers yard thinking about it y'know, i remember that fuckin election, Blair winning, i remember Noel going down to 10 Downing Street and it becoming this fuckin cause celebre like why did he do that and...y'know, these people aren't fuckin history to me, Albarn and Coxon and fuckin...Suede, Elastica, Menswear...fuckin Supergrass, i remember all that, those songs were in my head when i walked to the fuckin bus in the morning for school.

Odd man, proper odd.