Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I haven't seen any of the movies, but I've enjoyed pretty much any Michael Bay movie I've seen, he's a good action director. But on a related note, I have recently rewatched the 90s animated series Beast Wars: Transformers, that I saw as a kid. It's actually really good. Along with it's sequel Beast Machines, it's the only thing I've seen from the franchise. (Caught some of the latter when I was a kid; trying to download the whole thing now, but seeds are sadly missing). I also think I had a transformer toy when I was 4 or 5, but I don't know if it was genuine or a ripoff. I remember I broke it really fast.

Some movies aren't made to have plot or character depth or any of that crap. Just enjoy the mayhem

^ I haven't seen any of the movies, but I've enjoyed pretty much any Michael Bay movie I've seen, he's a good action director. But on a related note, I have recently rewatched the 90s animated series Beast Wars: Transformers, that I saw as a kid. It's actually really good. Along with it's sequel Beast Machines, it's the only thing I've seen from the franchise. (Caught some of the latter when I was a kid; trying to download the whole thing now, but seeds are sadly missing). I also think I had a transformer toy when I was 4 or 5, but I don't know if it was genuine or a ripoff. I remember I broke it really fast.

Some movies aren't made to have plot or character depth or any of that crap. Just enjoy the mayhem

I know a place where you can get the full series for $30. If you're interested send me a PM.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - I loved this film when I saw it for the first time and I still love it after watching it several times.

I was just coming into this thread to post about this film. I thought that it started out great but got "meh" very quickly. I thought that Scott was a douche, Ramona was nothing special and Knives was super, super cool.

There have been only two movies I've seen this year that I couldn't finish the entire movie. Scott Pilgrim and SuckerPunch.

Scott P was similar to Juno, where they just tried too hard to be hip and catchy with the language. I watched about half the movie and turned it off.

SuckerPunch looked like it had the potential to be somewhat cool and entertaining. But no. I only made it through about 1/3 of it before shutting it off. Terrible movie.

Season of the Witch surprised me. It got so many bad reviews that I expected it to be pretty lame. But it was actually fairly entertaining. Cage has gotten bad reviews for his role, but he actually played a straight character, without his usual quirkiness (that can make or break a film). It isn't the greatest movie of the year, but much better than I was expecting. Though the end did get really cheesy.

The Disappearance of Alice Creed was the best movie we watched this weekend. Pretty entertaining flick.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - I loved this film when I saw it for the first time and I still love it after watching it several times.

I was just coming into this thread to post about this film. I thought that it started out great but got "meh" very quickly. I thought that Scott was a douche, Ramona was nothing special and Knives was super, super cool.

Ramona is vastly superior. I can see Knives getting annoying after knowing her for about a month.

where they just tried too hard to be hip and catchy with the language.

What the hell does that even mean?

Inland is meant to be like a summing up of everything he's done. on the David Lynch collection it's Elephant Man, Mullholland and Inland that are presented, like these are his masterpieces.

The Straight Story will mess you up pretty bad in different way.