Film Thread

ssiscool

Saw "Crank 2" last night at the cinema, it was just as fucked up and over the top and hilarious and crazy as I imagined it to be, just as part 1. Fun movie.

In the trailers before "Crank 2", they showed the "Public Enemies" trailer with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale, which looks really promising! Can't wait for that one.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw "Crank 2" last night at the cinema, it was just as fucked up and over the top and hilarious and crazy as I imagined it to be, just as part 1. Fun movie.

In the trailers before "Crank 2", they showed the "Public Enemies" trailer with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale, which looks really promising! Can't wait for that one.

So its worth a watch then, i really enjoyed the first but im a bit dubious over Crank 2

So its worth a watch then, i really enjoyed the first but im a bit dubious over Crank 2

To be honest, it's even more over the top than the first one, especially near the end! It also has more funny elements than the first one, some where you really go "what the fuck were they on when they thought of that?" :lol:

So yeah, you should really go and see it if you liked the first one! ;)

To be honest, it's even more over the top than the first one, especially near the end! It also has more funny elements than the first one, some where you really go "what the fuck were they on when they thought of that?" :lol:

sounds like national treasure 2 and or rush hour 2/3.

those movies just got steadily more ridiculous. NT in a terrible way, RH in an amazing way!

im waiting for semi pro 2. fingers crossed seahorses.

i watched shadow of the vampire last night.

i forgot how good it is. i bought it a few years ago so i clearly liked it, but i had a image of it being just long and boring without much happening, but i was actually really into it. dafoe is such a good actor.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Watching Phone Booth on TV right now.

Perhaps my favourite movie ever. I love it.

I saw it too. I liked it, but I don't think I will watch it again.

I'm really annoyed that The Soloist (Joe Wright's new film) is coming out in a few days in the US, and not until September over here. That's a film I desperately want to watch in the cinema, as he has such striking cinematography, but I guess I'll have to download it for it my first viewing. It's such a ridiculous gap between releases, especially when you consider how successful Atonement was. >.<

/rant.

loving everything from judd apatow and co at the moment, seth rogan, jonah hill, bill hader, jason segel, christopher mintz please, paul rudd, leslie mann, michael cera and i know theres more

superbad just watched for the millionth time, has anyone seen the new paul rudd and segel movie? looks good wanna see it

anybody ever watched Canadian Bacon?

its the only fictional movie michael moore has made, and its not even that fictional.

the story: an underqualified american president has low approval ratings, so he initiates a un-legit war with canada just to get the american peoples minds off the problems at home. he stages an attack by canadians on an american power plant in NY state and then the people arent worried about the economy, they are just worried about the canucks.

its funny because the plot of the movie reminds me a lot of the bush admin. m.moore was obv. really anti bush, and he almost predicted the events by 10 years. C.B. came out in 1994. alan alda (the president) even looks like bush.

beyond that, its a really funny movie. john candy is hilarious. i suggest you check it out.

ReWatched:

Meantime - Phil Daniels, Tim Roth, Alfred Molina, Gary Oldman. Its about poverty and unemployment and the working classes in 80s England hidden behind a tale about 2 brothers and their skinhead pal. tremendous movie, extremely improvised apparently.

Women In Love - Alan Bates, Oliver Motherfuckin' Reed and Glenda Jackson. Based on the book by DH Laurence about...hmm, what is it about? Almost a battle of the sexes kinda thing but not really...almost a love story but the level of love and types of love are questionable. In fact the existence of love at all is questionable. I think its about passion and degrees of passion and in some cases, the lack of it or lack of understanding of it.

Both reccomended.

Edited by dirtylenny

anybody ever watched Canadian Bacon?

its the only fictional movie michael moore has made, and its not even that fictional.

the story: an underqualified american president has low approval ratings, so he initiates a un-legit war with canada just to get the american peoples minds off the problems at home. he stages an attack by canadians on an american power plant in NY state and then the people arent worried about the economy, they are just worried about the canucks.

its funny because the plot of the movie reminds me a lot of the bush admin. m.moore was obv. really anti bush, and he almost predicted the events by 10 years. C.B. came out in 1994. alan alda (the president) even looks like bush.

beyond that, its a really funny movie. john candy is hilarious. i suggest you check it out.

That Movie Fucking Sucks dude and it doesn't say much for your taste in movies.

It has like a 10% on RT. Oh and Moore's a fat piece of shit, didn't even realize he had directed that piece of shit movie.