Film Thread

ssiscool

Try getting thru "Goodfellas" without ending up making some pasta. That movie always makes me hungry.

Re-watched "Falcon and the Snowman" today. Great movie, great performances by Hutton and Penn.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone seen Magnolia?

IMO the fucking best ensemble acting I've ever seen in a film. Specifically Tom Cruise is amazing in his role.

Fuck There Will Be Blood, Magnolia is PT Anderson's magnum opus.

Don't forget Boogie Nights.

I love that one as well. The whole happy ending scene with "God Only Knows" in the background must be one of my favourites.

Anyone seen Magnolia?

IMO the fucking best ensemble acting I've ever seen in a film. Specifically Tom Cruise is amazing in his role.

Don't forget Boogie Nights.

I love that one as well. The whole happy ending scene with "God Only Knows" in the background must be one of my favourites.

For sure. I like the Robbery scene with Night Ranger's "Sister Christian" on the coked out dude's stereo. I mean the fucking dude was putting off fireworks inside his house, haha.

Edited by Johnny Utah

Anyone seen Magnolia?

There Will Be Blood is so much better than Magnolia that it pains me to even compare the two.

Speaking of Magnolia, I recently watched Crash, which is a similar sort of movie. It was a bit forced and occasionally cliched, but I still found it very absorbing and interesting. Very good movie, imo.

What'd ya think of it? I really enjoyed that one

It was REALLY good. It coulda done with ending on the scene where they're dragging the body outside...perhaps cutting to footage of the Fawklands Vets returning, lose the whole ham fisted throwing the flag in the ocean bit and all the mehelencholy instrumental music. Would've made it perfect.

Where you seein' Dylan at?

Edited by dirtylenny

I just watched a movie where some guy tells some woman who has amnesia that she's his wife, even though she's not, as a prank. And her real husband told the woman that he didn't know her. I don't know the name, if anybody knows, it'd be helpful, I liked the movie.

Edited by LightningBolt

Watched The Cannonball Run. Me and some friends watched it as kids and for some reason I had good memories of it. But watching it now, it was just unfunny and uninteresting.

Edited by KBear

Watched The Cannonball Run. Me and some friends watched it as kids and for some reason I had good memories of it. But watching it now, it was just unfunny and uninteresting.

Why are you a communist?

I just wish the movie had some semblance of a plot, and more laughs. The big name actors made it worth watching more than anything else. Take out Jackie Chan, Roger Moore, Burt and the like and this movie would have no redeeming qualities. Hey, I like stupid movies too, I thought Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay was hilarious. Cannonball had it's moments, just not enough of them. But when Burt called Sammy "the chocolate monk" I have to admit that got a big laugh out of me.

Moving Violations is another stupid movie I remember from back in the day. I may have to find a copy. I recall the old lady in the washroom scene, I don't know if I ever laughed so hard.

Watched:

Green Street - Elijah Wood (what the fuck is up with that guy and his cockney accent? I ain't even from England and even i noticed it sucked. Anyone else notice that, that Pete guy? Sounded more Australian than fuckin English)

The Chase - Marlon Brando

Hot Fuzz. Started slowly, but just kept getting funnier as the film went on.

Enjoyed it.

Not sure why it took me so long to get around to watching it. I enjoyed Shaun of the Dead.

I loved it.

Bill Bailey was hilarious as the police station receptionist.

25297-27300.gif

Edited by Demon Wolf

I watched I'm Not There, that's an different film...i don't think i was paying much attention. Hot Fuzz is a fantastic film, i hope Pegg/Frost make another comedy soon. I'm in the middle of watching The Cleaner with Sam L. Jackson, so far so good and i'm off to see Wolverine on Friday so that'll be interesting.

i watched batman begins last night. first time.

i saw dark knight when it came out and was obv. amazed ,but i didnt want to watch BB cause i figured there was no way it could compare.

as a movie, removing the 'joker' factor, BB was way better. i thought the dark knight was kind of shitty besides the joker, but batman begins was solid all round. and the scarecrow was pretty cool. i also liked how the referenced the joker near the end. now i have to watch the dark knight again.