All killer...no filler albums

Carne_asaDA

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal, not universal.

Between the Buried and Me - Colors

An album that treats itself like a Pink Floyd album, flowing together almost as if it were one hour-long song. Everything works, and nothing is there to fill time.

Weezer - Blue Album

Fucking love this album. It's a quintessential summer album in my eyes, and I can't think of a track on it that falls short of the album as a whole.

Scott Weiland - 12 bar Blues

Some could argue that there's filler on here, and on certain days I could too, but the whole album has a dark, tense atmosphere to it, and nothing feels out of place.

In Flames - Reroute to Remain

The album that got me into metal. Every song has kick ass riffs, and the modern edge to their old sound works damn well.

Silversun Pickups - Swoon

Whenever I listen to a single song from this album, I usually have to go back and burn through the whole thing.

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape

The Dillenger Escape Plan - Miss Machine

Radiohead - In Rainbows

The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (I wanted to say MACHINA, because I love that album, but I couldn't justify songs like "I Of the Mourning" as not filler)

Muse - Origin of Symmetry

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

I got lazy and didn't want to write about the rest of them...

Fleetwood Mac- Rumours

Just listened to this album! It is the best album I have ever heard.

Their self-titled one from beginning to end's pretty good too. Production's just better on "Rumours" and the live versions of "Rhiannon" (better than the studio version), "World Turning" and ""I'm So Afraid" (also better) from that time period is def. worth tracking the bootlegs down. Or the "Live" album, but I don't like it as much as the soundboard boots.

Lindsey was doing "Green Manalishi" and "Oh Well" live around that time, and "Hypnotized", which are all worth hearing him do.

What do we mean by filler? Most people just call whatever songs they don't like filler. But I think there's a difference between a song that was made with all the best intentions but fell short, and a half-assed job on a track just made to get the minutes.

I think the definition alluded to in this thread are albums that have no bad tracks in your opinion.

Those you don't need use the skip button, because every track is solid and you're almost a little sad when the album is over. :)

No bad tracks - yeah, there's plenty. But never skip anything? Wow, I got nothing. Many come close though.

Ok, maybe Love Over Gold by Dire Straits, but that's only got 5 songs, so that's cheating.

Not really. The songs are pretty long... "Telegraph Road" is almost 15 minutes long.

Steely Dan's "Aja's" filler free. For that matter, everything they did back then was filler free and Fagen's "Nightfly".

Ok here's mine.

Led Zeppelin - LZI, LZII, LZIV and Presence (Surprise i didn't see someone mention it)

U2 - Achtung Baby, Zooropa

GNR - AFD (The only one I would consider filler is Think about you, Anything goes is killer in my opinion)

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Tattoo You

Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic, Rocks, Get Your Wings, Pump

Depeche Mode - Violator, Songs Of Faith and Devotion

Queen - The Game

Pink FLoyd - Animals, DSOTM

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

...Can't remember more at the moment

Ok here's mine.

Led Zeppelin - LZI, LZII, LZIV and Presence (Surprise i didn't see someone mention it)

U2 - Achtung Baby, Zooropa

GNR - AFD (The only one I would consider filler is Think about you, Anything goes is killer in my opinion)

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Tattoo You

Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic, Rocks, Get Your Wings, Pump

Depeche Mode - Violator, Songs Of Faith and Devotion

Queen - The Game

Pink FLoyd - Animals, DSOTM

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

...Can't remember more at the moment

Ah, yes. I forgot Presence. My favourite Zep album.

Some of you guys are way to liberal with the phrase "All killer, no filler". That statement in my mind means that there is at most one song of filler.

saying that is like saying...

"- ey there! dont kill people!

- ..hmm... can I just... kill a baby?... or some old man?

- .......allright."

on topic:

Welcome to my Nightmare - Alice Cooper

Fortress - Protest the Hero

Hatecrew Deathroll - Children Of Bodom