Appetite or Joshua Tree?

SunnyDRE

I was browsing through a couple of old Rollingstone Magazines yesterday, and I saw a very intresting fact (at least in my mind); GNR's Appetite and U2's Joshusa Tree were the best-selling albums released that year.

So which do you guys think are better.

-Both albums are considered the bands definitive work, by most ( No disrecpect to Achtung Baby fans).

-Both albums consistenly show up on "Best of Lists" and have songs that are still played on the radio even today.

Which do you prefer?

Edited by SunnyDRE

I was browsing through a couple of old Rollingstone Magazines yesterday, and I saw a very intresting fact (at least in my mind); GNR's Appetite and U2's Joshusa Tree were the best-selling albums released that year.

So which do you guys think are better.

-Both albums are considered the bands definitive work, by most ( No disrecpect to Achtung Baby fans).

-Both albums consistenly show up on "Best of Lists" and have songs that are still played on the radio even today.

Which do you prefer?

Sunny Boy - I'm sorry, but DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon man. How many people on a damn Guns N' Roses forum are you actually expecting to tell you that The Joshua Tree is better than Appetite for Destruction????????

I can't actually listen to a U2 album.

I like certain songs, I try to anyway.

Like City of Blinding Light is great but the whole album is a drag.

AFD all the way.

In fact records that come close to AFD - Exile on Main Street, Angel Dust, Pump, The Fragile, Southern Harmony, Generation Terrorists.

And Axl is in the process of making an album better than all these records right now.

Edited by wasted

im insulted at the question quite frankly. U2, U fucking 2?!?! i got two fucking words for you, Joy Division. thats the good ship U2 sunk right there ;) buncha lame ass johnny-come-latelys...

Edited by ffrankwhite

Where the Streets Have No Name shits all over any song from AFD, but that's where it ends. AFD is a blast all the way through, while listening to TJT makes me feel like I'm trawling through mud.

Thank God for Achtung Baby, though!