"Gotta Be Somebody" - New Nickelback Single

The Sandman

You all are being dumb really.

They are what they are , just a rock band making simple music made for you to enjoy , not analyze like the fake elitists you act to be.

On an enjoyment level this song is great , on a musical scale this song is good.

enjoy it and stop opening your mouths.

Thousands of rock bands making music out there, this happens to be a thread discussing a particular band, wait, a particular single from that one band.

There is a difference between appreciating one's work and efforts, and simply disliking and "analyzing" their music.

To each his own- I find this song unoriginal COMPARED to Nickleback's previous work, I feel it is redundant and repetetive in my "fake elitist" opinion.

I appreciate their efforts as I would any other band, it takes alot to come up with this stuff. When it comes down to my "thoughts" on this single (As this thread asks for), I find it to be an awfully lot like a "deja vu", something I have already experienced.

Oh fuck.

Brings out every Nickelback cliche I can think of. It even sounds like there's a Backstreet Boys touch to it.

You heard it right here folks: I'm murdering the first person who I hear with this as their ring tone.

Good luck tomorrow. Don't get caught.

Oh, and the song is generic shit. It'll fit in perfectly on the Modern Rock stations. The beginning effects held promise, then the overdone voice came in and it became the same song we've all heard before.

Edited by chevelle

You all are being dumb really.

They are what they are , just a rock band making simple music made for you to enjoy , not analyze like the fake elitists you act to be.

On an enjoyment level this song is great , on a musical scale this song is good.

enjoy it and stop opening your mouths.

:lol: -what??

Man you get wound up easy!

just a rock band making simple music made for you to enjoy

But I don't enjoy it.

I think the new song is crap.Not for any overanalyzed elitist reason.. :book:

I listened to it...if I liked it I'd say so...but I think it's crap.

You know...kinda like the posts where you think bands and/or songs suck.

fawk :shrugs:

Edited by zint61

Their singer would do well on Gone Country, I think.

This song is really overdramatic. It's cool for their target audience. It's just the type of song and lyrics they want to hear, but I'm really not their target audience, so I won't be going out of my way to listen to it. As long as this song isn't EVERYWHERE, I won't mind if someone I'm driving with wants to listen to it on their radio or something. Not repulsive, but not for me.

If a presidential candidate installed this as a platform policy theyd have my vote

Oh fuck.

Brings out every Nickelback cliche I can think of. It even sounds like there's a Backstreet Boys touch to it.

You heard it right here folks: I'm murdering the first person who I hear with this as their ring tone.

Its not a bad song.I can understand that Mutt Lange is bringing some Def Leppard into this group,but why does this awfully sound like U2(might be echoing guitars)

But heck,I know that the ballads are usually not the best songs on the album and I hope the band didn't go the experimental route and stuck with the ATRR blueprint(which was an awesome album).

Its not a bad song.I can understand that Mutt Lange is bringing some Def Leppard into this group,but why does this awfully sound like U2(might be echoing guitars)

But heck,I know that the ballads are usually not the best songs on the album and I hope the band didn't go the experimental route and stuck with the ATRR blueprint(which was an awesome album).

Not so much experiemental, but having seen them live and hearing what they said - they're going to be doing what they want, sort of vintage like - I'm guessing the addition of Lange helped sway this.