Nickelback - Dark Horse

krissirge

mmm,I just love this album.After All The Right Reasons,which is a candidate for the best rock album on this decade, Nickelback come back with producer Mutt Lange for this album and the sound is a lot more glammier (with a little bit of Shania Twain's pop country on the ballads).Favorite songs:Something In Your Mouth,Gotta Be Somebody,This Afternoon and Next Go Round

And thank you ,Nickelback,Hinder and Buckcherry for bringing back glam metal or "cock rock :D " to the top of the charts.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ironic how poeple like an aerosmith song like love in an elevator but claim to hate a song like something in your mouth when essentially its all about the same topic , sex.

on a side note this album is really good and i enjoyed the lead guitar showcasing in a couple of the song's , its a good album.

What a weak argument, its about the same topic therefore its ironic people dont like both? Here's a newsflash, a lot of rock songs are about that topic and it doesnt mean shit in terms of liking them all.

ironic how poeple like an aerosmith song like love in an elevator but claim to hate a song like something in your mouth when essentially its all about the same topic , sex.

This just in: If songs are based on the same subject, they are IDENTICAL, no matter how different the vocals, instrumentals or lyrics are. Thanks for clearing that up for us, AC.

This just in: If songs are based on the same subject, they are IDENTICAL, no matter how different the vocals, instrumentals or lyrics are. Thanks for clearing that up for us, AC.

Wow...! Britney sings about love!! The Beatles too!!!

Therefore I love Britney!! What a day! :heart:

Edited by Yamisonic

It has nothing to do with irony...one song is coming from a cool band,one's coming from Nickleback.

mmm,I just love this album.After All The Right Reasons,which is a candidate for the best rock album on this decade, Nickelback come back with producer Mutt Lange for this album and the sound is a lot more glammier (with a little bit of Shania Twain's pop country on the ballads).Favorite songs:Something In Your Mouth,Gotta Be Somebody,This Afternoon and Next Go Round

And thank you ,Nickelback,Hinder and Buckcherry for bringing back glam metal or "cock rock :D " to the top of the charts.

So thank Nickelback for bringing all the bland, uninspired crap that gave the '80s a bad name? Gotta Be Somebody sounds like an 11 year old wrote it.

So thank Nickelback for bringing all the bland, uninspired crap that gave the '80s a bad name? Gotta Be Somebody sounds like an 11 year old wrote it.

I honestly give the 80s guys more credit. Even if it was bland and corny at times, at least they came up with it themselves and werent rehashing something that died out 20 years ago.

I honestly give the 80s guys more credit. Even if it was bland and corny at times, at least they came up with it themselves and werent rehashing something that died out 20 years ago.

Lets just say most people were happy grunge came along.

pfft bias. some of you act like stuck up "elites" who only listen to whats kool .Get a grip , if nickelback sucked as much as u state they wouldnt sell all those albums ans single's in a dage and age where downloading is the cheaper easier option.

and Ac/Dc are much more boring than nickelback , atleast nickelback change there style a little around every album.

I'm gonna get this album just to check it out. I'm completely biased but will try to enjoy it. I like some Bon Jovi and it can't be all bad. Even if he does look like Kurt Cobain's retarded gay half cousin and he basically does middle of road ballads about hard knocks in the hinterlands. Maybe deep inside he's Bruce Springsteen or at least David Grey. I don't know I've never given him a chance. There was that early single and then that Rock Star song which was lamentable but fun in a way. He's rich that's for sure so can't be all bad.

Dark Horse is this is heroin album? This might actually be good.

Wolfmother watch out Nickleback is driving hard behind you.

Nickelback is just rock music for people who don't normally listen to rock music. Most sane-minded rock fans listen to a Nickelback song and realise how boringly basic it is, how safe it is and reject it. Their songwriting isn't even good for their brand of watered-down mum-metal.

pfft bias. some of you act like stuck up "elites" who only listen to whats kool .Get a grip , if nickelback sucked as much as u state they wouldnt sell all those albums ans single's in a dage and age where downloading is the cheaper easier option.

and Ac/Dc are much more boring than nickelback , atleast nickelback change there style a little around every album.

You are joking aren't you? Nickelback sound like they walk out of the studio and lock the door leaving the controls untouched for when they come back. For every album. They suck.

Edited by ADPT

You are joking aren't you? Nickelback sound like they walk out of the studio and lock the door leaving the controls untouched for when they come back. For every album. They suck.

hahahahaha

Nickelback is just rock music for people who don't normally listen to rock music. Most sane-minded rock fans listen to a Nickelback song and realise how boringly basic it is, how safe it is and reject it. Their songwriting isn't even good for their brand of watered-down mum-metal.

True dat.

Ummm Nickelback is considered "cool" dumbass, thats why sheep like you buy it up. And ooo they sell a lot, so do miley cyrus and britney spears. I suppose they must be totally awesome too right? :rofl-lol:

Nickleback sound the same all the time...they are a boring act with boring songs. Young teenagers love em, the older teenagers seem more wise.....the only ppl older then that who like them are those desperately trying to grip onto their youth and can only find music via the radio...which plays dog tunes like Nicklebacks songs all the time.

Shit I'd rather listen to Creed then Nickleback.

pfft. some of you have some big stick's up ur ass's. its JUST music , no such thing as special music and shity music , poeple buy nickelback albums because they can relate to them , because there fun to listen too , excuse those who want to live there life instead of jerking off to some 8 miniute albatross on a saturday.

some of u should get live's , seriously. get over ur selves , there is no such thing as elite listener's , you're all just consumer's of a product nothing more,you say its made for radio , well so was aerosmith (elevator , dude look's like a lady) cheap trick (the flame) , bruce springsteen (born in the u.s.a , dancing in the dark) and dont even get me started on KISS. At the end of the fucking day the single's are meant to be easy fun no brainer's to get u to buy the album and listen to the heavier song's on there , emotionaly and musically , for dark horse i thought some of the song's showcased more mature song writing and true guitar ability's like just to get high and if today was your last day.

go get laid , your hero's sure made that clear lyrically.