New Stone Temple Pilots album in 2010

appetite4illusions

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...ue_in_2010.html

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland has told Spin magazine that the band will release a new album in early 2010. In a new interview on his current solo tour, Weiland revealed that guitarist Dean DeLeo and bassist Robert DeLeo have begun writing music, explaining, "Those guys have already been writing the instrumental music ... with STP, Robert, and Dean write the chords and riffs and then they bring stuff to me." Asked if he had heard any finished songs yet, Weiland added, "No, except for the stuff we jammed at sound check. And some of that was really cool ... So when I'm finished doing my thing, I'll hear what kind of ideas they have. And in the spring we'll be ready to record."

Weiland said that the album, STP's sixth studio effort and first since 2001's "Shangri-La-Dee-Da", will arrive early next year.

He did not address a recent lawsuit filed against him and STP drummer Eric Kretz by the band's label, Atlantic Records, for breach of contract, nor did he reiterate his recently stated desire to record outside the major label system.

STP reunited last year for a six-month tour that ended in late October. Since then Weiland has been touring behind his second solo album, "Happy In Galoshes", which came out in November.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Days Of The Week helped me understand that Scott was actually singing about Mary in Superhuman. Y'see, she's often portrayed as Scott's guardian angel, but she's actually a bi-polar nympho just like Scott. I daresay she did just as much coke in the 90's as Scott, too. This is why she trashes hotel rooms, sets Scott's clothes on fire, and why they break-up every couple of years.

The lyrics are so dark, but presented with fun sounding pop music. Strange combination, but it's a great little song. Shangri-La is Scott's strongest album lyrically.

Monday, back from the dead

I'm letting it go, back for another one

Tuesday, shoot me in the head

I'm takin' it back, takin' it back

It'll take it back

Wednesday, she's looking for a friend

She'll get what she wants

Can't seem to get enough

Thursday, it's more than I can stand

I'm holding her down, holding her down

She's down again

I've gotta find a way to find her

Where could she be?

Four days of the week she thinks I'm the enemy

One day, left me for the dead

Woke up on the floor, time for another one

Two days, she's leavin' me again, can't take it no more

Out through the open door

Three days, she's found herself a friend

She got what she wants

Still never get enough

Four days, she's back with me again

She's pullin' me down, pullin' me down

I'm down again

I've got to find a way to find her

Where she could be?

Monday's gone

Tuesday's fadin'

Wednesday's gone

Thursday's all but wasted now

Monday, back from the dead

I'm letting it go back for another one

Tuesday, shoot me in the head

I'm taking it back, taking it back

I'll take it back

I gotta find a way to find her

Where could she be?

thinks I'm the enemy

Days Of The Week helped me understand that Scott was actually singing about Mary in Superhuman. Y'see, she's often portrayed as Scott's guardian angel, but she's actually a bi-polar nympho just like Scott. I daresay she did just as much coke in the 90's as Scott, too. This is why she trashes hotel rooms, sets Scott's clothes on fire, and why they break-up every couple of years.

The lyrics are so dark, but presented with fun sounding pop music. Strange combination, but it's a great little song. Shangri-La is Scott's strongest album lyrically.

Didn't Robert or Dean write Days of the Week about Shania Twain?

Yeah it was his strongest album, he's done better songs on other albums but as a whole thing it's really solid.

I read that Mary had a heroin problem as well (albeit because of Scott) I think she is his muse, it'll be intresting to hear the new stuff post Mary. I know they broke up while he was making the solo album, but I don't know which songs were which.

I really think Tangle with your mind and pictures and computers are some of his better songs

• 1 year later...