Let's talk about Iron Maiden.

arnold layne

Are they a good band?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking love them, they were my first concert with 40,000 other people at Earls Court...

Despite what people say that they sound the same the a kind of like U2 in that they can keep a similar sound but also change quite a bit, I mean compare their debut to Caught Somewhere In Time and the A Matter Of Life And Death and say they sound the same...

I think they have a bit of a bad rep as everyone is like "I hate them and their songs about dragons and stuff" which is far far from the truth, and I cant wait for a new album which I predict will be their final one...

Favorite song has to be Hallowed Be Thy Name!

Cradle Of Filth's version kicks the shit out of that, its sooooo much faster and the guitars are flawless

i appreciate the contribution Maiden has made to metal, but i dont really like their music

why is faster better? i'm not a maiden fan, but that song works at a slow tempo. i hate all the stupid metal kids who say faster is better, it's just ridiculous.

Cradle Of Filth's version kicks the shit out of that, its sooooo much faster and the guitars are flawless

i appreciate the contribution Maiden has made to metal, but i dont really like their music

why is faster better? i'm not a maiden fan, but that song works at a slow tempo. i hate all the stupid metal kids who say faster is better, it's just ridiculous.

did i say faster is better in general? no. but it works great for that song!

edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91h6qUikXjA

Edited by RickRoses

Iron Maiden? Go to an iron Maiden site

Actually this is "My World", a subforum meant for conversation about other bands.

Ontopic:

They never really did it for me! Some good stuff, but still something about them prevents me from really getting into them.

Well then why don't you go to www.therocketqueen.com, buy my cd and tell me how great it is! ;)

Iron Maiden? Go to an iron Maiden site

Actually this is "My World", a subforum meant for conversation about other bands.

Ontopic:

They never really did it for me! Some good stuff, but still something about them prevents me from really getting into them.

Well then why don't you go to www.therocketqueen.com, buy my cd and tell me how great it is! ;)

Shameless advertizing for your own crappy band and relating it to gnr when in reality all you did was get laid? No thanks.

Jealous? oh i guess i could suck your dick too...wait no. I choke on small bones, thanx anyway

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yes, Iron Maiden kicks ass!

I do, however, think they are a little overrated, even if I love them. Here in Sweden, people in general think that Maiden is the best band ever. They are definitely very, very good, but not near being the best.