Mötley Crüe thread

Revolver281

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw them last night in Erie. I was second from the stage on Mick's side, and it was hands down the best show I've ever been to besides Maiden in the pit last summer. Setlist was similar to Crue Fest, but they added a Too Fast For Love/On With The Show medley, Jailhouse Rock (!!!), and White Trash Circus. Used a new camera, and got some great pics, check them out if you want:

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa63/es...rue%20-%20Erie/

Saw them last night in Erie. I was second from the stage on Mick's side, and it was hands down the best show I've ever been to besides Maiden in the pit last summer. Setlist was similar to Crue Fest, but they added a Too Fast For Love/On With The Show medley, Jailhouse Rock (!!!), and White Trash Circus. Used a new camera, and got some great pics, check them out if you want:

Awsome man. I wish I could go to Crue fest, you're one lucky fucker :P. pics are great too. Nikki is cool as usual and is it just me or has Vince lost some weight?

Great band, hope the tour the UK soon as I can't afford to see them at download.

Carnival Of Sins DVD is one of the best live dvd's I've seen - the atmosphere, stage set up, music and attitude are all killer. Especially Tommy Lee, his playing is amazing. My favourite drummer.

Awsome man. I wish I could go to Crue fest, you're one lucky fucker :P. pics are great too. Nikki is cool as usual and is it just me or has Vince lost some weight?

Yea, he's definitely lost some weight since the first time I saw them in '06. He gets pretty crazy on stage now too, it's great.

But whats up with Vince's singing? What really puts me off now a days about their shows is how Vince keeps stoppong to take a breath during the lyrics and lets the crowd sing the chorus. I hope his weight loss helps him sing better because it ruins some of their best songs, especially kickstart my heart.

But whats up with Vince's singing? What really puts me off now a days about their shows is how Vince keeps stoppong to take a breath during the lyrics and lets the crowd sing the chorus. I hope his weight loss helps him sing better because it ruins some of their best songs, especially kickstart my heart.

His singing really has been getting a lot better since the reunion. Sure, it's not 80's Vince anymore, but he's aged a lot since then. Last night was the best I've heard him sing yet, and he was sick too.

I agree, Motley Crue are the symbols of rock n' roll. Anyone read the Dirt? incredible story

Yesss! Motley are awesome, there is no other band on the planet symbolizing RnR that well. The Dirt is my favorite non-fiction book (I hope it's non fiction), it should be mandatory reading in schools if you ask me. It's incredible what kind of shit these guys stired up, there is almost anything you could possibly imagine in there. When I was living in LA I had the ambitious goal to do it like the Sixx man for I year, of course I miserabely failed. But it's always good to set the bar high...

Their two first albums are really good and Dr. Feelgood is decent, most of their other stuff is crap (although their latest was okay). I saw them live in 2007, decent show besides the fact that Vince Neil sounded like complete shit, absolutely horrible.

Dr. Feelgood is one of the greatest albums ever

say wat

It really is, the title track, Kickstart my heart, without you, don't go away mad.

Some really great cuts on that album. It's not pet sounds or Blonde on Blonde but it rocks, awesome driving album.

The production is good, and "Kickstart My Heart" is a good tune, but that's the only positive things I have to say about this album. It's cheesy as fuck, the lyrics are ridiculously bad, and it's filled with silly clichés. It's definitely not Pet Sounds or Blonde on Blonde.

Edited by Lithium

Guest Apollo

Does Vince sing more than 1/2 of the songs now?

Vince's studio voice - perfect.

Too Fast For Love . . . . amazing album.

Wonder how come they've never done an acoustic show and album?

i grew up with Motley Crue being my heroes. posters on the wall, collected every magazine (Circus, Hit Parader, Metal Edge, etc). seen 'em live 12 times. my very first concert was a Crue show on Oct. 2nd, 1985, the night they shot the original "Home Sweet Home" video (footage was also shot 2 nights later in Houston).

now that i'm 36, i still have a big place in my heart for them. i really like the SOLA album. it's the best album they've done since Dr. Feelgood.

over the years my opinion on their music has changed somewhat. i still view Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil as 5-Star classics. they are among my very favorite albums of all time. Shout used to be my fave, followed by Too Fast, but over the years Too Fast For Love has become my favorite Crue album.

i have soured a little bit on their "pop metal" stuff; the Girls Girls Girls and Dr. Feelgood albums aren't as good to me now as they were then. too produced, too lightweight and now that the truth has come out, not alot of effort went into to any album after the first two, and Dr. Feelgood. i actually like Theatre Of Pain more than GGG or Dr. F now.

i really don't like calling Motley Crue "hair metal". kids that weren't around when it was all happening seem to think of Motley as just one of the hundreds of look-alike, sound-alike bands. Motley Crue were the band that everyone in hard rock/metal was trying to copy from 83-88 or so. just because the imitators sucked it shouldn't tarnish Motley Crue's image.

Edited by artfromtex

Man, every time I seem to hear live Motley Crue, Vince's winded ass sings like 40% of the words max. I'm not a fan of them at all, but at least the band are pretty decent musicians. Maybe I just caught the bad apples :).

love.... eyes...

... blood 'tween... thighs...

... blood stain...... stayayayage!

I would have seen them in their prime, though, most likely!

Edited by Ant

Man, every time I seem to hear live Motley Crue, Vince's winded ass sings like 40% of the words max. I'm not a fan of them at all, but at least the band are pretty decent musicians. Maybe I just caught the bad apples :).

love.... eyes...

... blood 'tween... thighs...

... blood stain...... stayayayage!

I would have seen them in their prime, though, most likely!

even in the 80's Vince did that. not as bad as now, but he still skipped words.

apparantly he has asthma and all that running around really has an adverse effect on him.

i think if he stood still and sang he could pull it off with ease. but he views himself in the mold of a David Lee Roth whose primary job is entertaining the crowd and pumping everybody up.

a stationary Vince Neil might sound better, but the show would lose alot of it's energy. to the guys in the band and probably the audience too, if they had to choose, would choose an energetic showman to a stationary singer.