What albums are you excited/waiting for?

Gordon Comstock

as the title says. which albums are you excited for?

for me:

2009:

Vains Of Jenna - "The Art Of Telling Lies" (it should be here soon, it shipped a couple days ago :D)

Kid Rock (He's played some songs live and its supposed to be out by the end of the year)

Buckcherry (Live Album)

2010:

Cradle Of Filth

Slash's Solo Album

Godsmack

Mick Mar's Solo Album (which, as far as i know, is only tentatively scheduled for 2010. i'll see what i can find on that, though. he's also got a book coming out).

Sixx: A.M. (see above, however im pretty sure it's comin out since i dont see Axl doing anything...)

Corey Taylor & The Junk Beer Kidnap Band

Stone Sour (which theyve already done demo's for, so i thiiiiiink it'll be out sometime in 2010)

what albums are you excited for??

Edited by RickRoses

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julian Casablancas - Phrazes for the Young

Arctic Monkeys - Humbug

Megadeth - Endgame

Muse - The Resistance

The Beatles Remastered Boxsets

Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions

The Black Crowes - Before the Frost... + ...Until the Freeze

Them Crooked Vultures album

Pearl Jam - Backspacer

Stereophonics album

HIM - Screamworks: Love in Theory & Practice

Slash & Friends

Also whatever the hell Trent Reznor or Radiohead put out, that's sure to be fucking awesome. Possible new albums from Roger Waters and David Gilmour, new Strokes and QOTSA albums, and the usual bunch of albums from Buckethead are all on my list of stuff I want.

I'm fucking pumped for Chinese Democracy rock3

Sorry, needed to get that out of my system

Not too many..

Black Gives Way to Blue- AiC

Cosmic Egg- Wolfmother

The new VH album w/ Roth

Them Crooked Vultures

Slash and Friends

Detox- Dr. Dre

Backspacer- PJ

EDIT: Remembered a few

There may be more...but that's all I can think of.

I dont think I'm going to live to see either Detox, or the new VH album...<_<

Edited by Jumpin' Jack Flash

Jay-Z - Blueprint 3

Megadeth - Endgame

Porcupine Tree - The Incident

Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue

Them Crooked Vultures - TBA

2010:

Down - Down IV

The Offspring - TBA (Talking about recording unreleased material)

Van Halen - TBA (with Roth)

Rush - TBA

Iron Maiden - TBA

Queens of the Stone Age - TBA

Many, many more...

Hey, Rick Roses, is God N' Guns a Lynyrd Skynyrd album or Kid Rock album? The song "Still Unbroken" is from that album and played under the name Lynyrd Skynyrd on the Classic Rock channel, and it's a new song (2009).

Well, i know Kid Rock is supposed to have his new album out by the end of the year (and he's already showcasing some new songs live).

my brother told me that God N' Guns is the new title, he heard it on the radio but i googled it and it apperently is the skynard album title(?). i see what i can find...

Hey, Rick Roses, is God N' Guns a Lynyrd Skynyrd album or Kid Rock album? The song "Still Unbroken" is from that album and played under the name Lynyrd Skynyrd on the Classic Rock channel, and it's a new song (2009).

Well, i know Kid Rock is supposed to have his new album out by the end of the year (and he's already showcasing some new songs live).

my brother told me that God N' Guns is the new title, he heard it on the radio but i googled it and it apperently is the skynard album title(?). i see what i can find...

I have a feeling it won't be out before the end of the year. Last I heard he was doing things differently this time and taking his time with the album, but it'd be nice to see it out before 2010. Rock N' Roll Jesus was amazing.

Hmm probably missed out a few.

Before The Frost - The Black Crowes

My Way - Ian Brown

TBA - Noel Gallagher (hopefully)

Backspacer - Pearl Jam

TBA - Izzy Stradlin

Black Gives Way To Blue - Alice In Chains

TBA - Them Crooked Vultures

Down IV - Down

TBA - The Zico Chain

TBA- MGMT

Slash & Friends - Slash

TBA - Stereophonics

Cosmic Egg - Wolfmother

TBA- Stone Temple Pilots

TBA - U2

Edited by Snake Eyes

As for what albums I'm looking forward to...

New Van Halen, KISS, and the Them Crooked Vultures thing could be interesting. Wolfmother's Cosmic Egg and Ace's new album. Megadeth's Endgame. Maiden's next one. Slash's solo album. The Muse and Pearl Jam albums could be interesting. There's most likely more, but that's all I can remember.

Hmm probably missed out a few.

Before The Frost - The Black Crowes

My Way - Ian Brown

TBA - Noel Gallagher (hopefully)

Backspacer - Pearl Jam

TBA - Izzy Stradlin

Black Gives Way To Blue - Alice In Chains

TBA - Them Crooked Vultures

Down IV - Down

TBA - The Zico Chain

TBA- MGMT

Slash & Friends - Slash

TBA - Stereophonics

Cosmic Egg - Wolfmother

TBA- Stone Temple Pilots

TBA - U2

Ah yes, forgot about that. Songs of Ascent I think is the working title.

Slash's Album

Bon Jovi - The Circle

Pearl Jam - Backspacer

Didn't know U2, Izzy, STP and Noel are gonna release albums soon, in that case those too.

I'll have to listen to the single first. I hate their current sound, but Sambora said they were going with something different I believe, so I'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

for me:

2009:

Vains Of Jenna - "The Art Of Telling Lies" (it should be here soon, it shipped a couple days ago :D)

Kid Rock (He's played some songs live and its supposed to be out by the end of the year)

Buckcherry (Live Album)

2010:

Cradle Of Filth

Slash's Solo Album

Godsmack

Mick Mar's Solo Album (which, as far as i know, is only tentatively scheduled for 2010. i'll see what i can find on that, though. he's also got a book coming out).

Sixx: A.M. (see above, however im pretty sure it's comin out since i dont see Axl doing anything...)

Stone Sour (which theyve already done demo's for, so i thiiiiiink it'll be out sometime in 2010)

:suspicious: Seriously? I never even heard about this, but I'm very happy, Mick is my favorite guitarist next to Dick Dale!

Not much on my plate:

Slash & Friends

Mick Mars

Iron Maiden

None of which are until next year.

I have a feeling it won't be out before the end of the year. Last I heard he was doing things differently this time and taking his time with the album, but it'd be nice to see it out before 2010. Rock N' Roll Jesus was amazing.

i read something on his website like a month ago but cant find it now... this is from wiki

Kid Rock's follow up to Rock N Roll Jesus is being produced by Rick Rubin. Rolling Stone Magizine's recent Q&A with Kid Rock in their August 6,2009 issue confirmed two song in "The Midwest Fall" and "One Women Man". Other confirmed song have been Care ft T.I. and In Times Like These ,he performs the latter on his current tour. The song his about Detroit's struggling economy. A song with rapper Lil Wayne as also been confirmed, it will be a freestyle rap over The Who's "Eminence Front",according to the Detroit Free Press. In an interview with WRIF Detroit in May 2009 he discussed a hard rock cover of country group, Alabama's "Mountain Song" as well as a mash up of Cowboy and Wanted Dead or Alive ft Bon Jovi. He wasnt sure if the mash up would make the album however. The album will be released between late 2009 and early 2010

i think i remember him saying they already had the album mostly done but rubin made him re-do it and now its sounding a LOT better... i forget how many songs he said there were, i think it was twenty-something, and now they are just prioratizing (sp?) and puting finishing touches on the songs and picking the track order.

i think we will see it just in time for xmas.... :xmassrudolph:

for me:

2009:

Buckcherry (Live Album)

2010:

Cradle Of Filth

Slash's Solo Album

Godsmack

:suspicious: Seriously? I never even heard about this, but I'm very happy, Mick is my favorite guitarist next to Dick Dale!

Not much on my plate:

Slash & Friends

Mick Mars

Iron Maiden

None of which are until next year.

Yup. he's also supposed to have a book coming out.