Alice In Chains "Black Gives Way To Blue" Album Sampler

WhazUp

Only thing is, I think DuVall should have had more time to shine by himself. There's too much harmonizing in some areas -- it feels like almost every vocal is double-tracked.

I think Jerry could have stepped back a bit (vocally).

Edited by Ant

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only got into Alice in Chains recently, somewhere in the past year. I always liked them, had greatest hits but I expanded that massively recently, to the point where they are one of my favourite bands. I'm not sure were classic AIC fans stand, and I appreciate I'm probably more open to a new singer, but I've been reading good stuff and it's good to see a lot of people accepting Duvall.

On another note, this album fucking rocks :D

Guest deleted_19765

This album has just about met my expectations, which were definitely on the high side. The first and last tracks in particular are spectacular. The title track has one upped "Over Now" for me. This is an excellent, heavy, and maybe even more mature Alice In Chains album.

This album has blown me away. I mean, when I first found out AiC got a new singer and was touring I was pretty disappointed, and then when I found out they were making a new album, I was actually kind of pissed that they'd disrespect Layne like that. Then I hear A Looking In View and thought that maybe it would be worth a shot, because it still had that classic AIC sound, just with a more modern touch to it. Once Check My Brain debuted, I was fucking pumped, and my expectations were pretty high. I've listened to the album 4 or 5 times already since I got it yesterday...for comparison, Pearl Jam's new album, which I waited a year and a half for, has only gotten 2 spins from me in almost two weeks.

I think it's great that they didn't forget Layne, either. The title track is touching, and Your Decision sounds like it was written about Layne, too. I seriously can't believe how well this album turned out.

I must say that for the longest time I have been a GNR#1 guy and AIC#2 guy. This album has made me go with AIC over GNR. I love this album so much the only tracks I am not big on are 3,7. The last song with Elton should have been Axl's song. Great album. Saw them live, Duvall is solid. Cantrell is a fucking genius.

I love this album. It needed some time to grow on me. There were only a few strong songs when I first got into it, but slowly but surely, almost all of the rest of the songs made themselves very clear. Don't go by the previews alone. Buy it and start listening. It's great.

I love this album. It needed some time to grow on me. There were only a few strong songs when I first got into it, but slowly but surely, almost all of the rest of the songs made themselves very clear. Don't go by the previews alone. Buy it and start listening. It's great.

yeh i cant stop playing it...one of the best records this year

• 1 month later...
Guest deleted_19765

Music video for Your Decision is pretty kewl.

Sort of reminiscent of "Don't Come Around Here No More" don't you think? Someone in this thread said that "Your Decision" could be about Layne. In light of that I'm reading this hotel as drugs. Give you a show and some thrills and then eat your heart. It works. I felt like the pretty girl was going to be some kind of angel/savior character, and the ending was a bit of a twist.

Hmmm, let's see:

Great song - Check

Great solo - Check

Hot Babes - Check

Lesbo action - Check

S&M - Check

People dressed in animal suits to have sex - Check

Numerous gratuitous panty/ass shots - Check

Yep, that's the blueprint for any good rock video and let's hope Slash follows it closely. Besides, Fergie's hubby's been cheatin', she OWES Slash for all he's done for her and now it's time for her to put out big time in a vid. Revenge sex always the best, so Slash should take advantage while he can and mount her in the vid while she's in a willing mood.

Bump Ozzy to the 2nd single if that's what it takes...unless Fergie's pissed enough at Josh to actually get it on with Ozz in his vid... :o

Edited by Turn_It_Up