Smashing Pumpkins-Teargarden by Kaleidyscope

inthisriver

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to XM radio with my friend today, and we caught the tail end of The Smashing Pumpkins newest song freak. He asked me if it was new, and for some reason I thought it sounded too familiar and just simply too great, to be new. lol. I mean I really have been liking these new Teagarden tracks but this one really impressed me.

Edited by doakes

The best thing my significant other has done is introduce me to this magnificent band.

The 1990's were my shit and I completely missed out on these guys (or just Billy Corgan now, I guess.) I'm down with the new material and am really delving into the older stuff (Ava Adore is absolute bliss and is emotionally hypnotizing on one level or another). Much more to be found without a doubt.

What's with (my perceived) semi-disdain of some of Corgan in the media/music circles? Just a bunch of inner-band turmoil and he came out the bad guy a la Axl?

I was listening to XM radio with my friend today, and we caught the tail end of The Smashing Pumpkins newest song freak. He asked me if it was new, and for some reason I thought it sounded too familiar and just simply too great, to be new. lol. I mean I really have been liking these new Teagarden tracks but this one really impressed me.

Freak is kinda like Catcher in the rye with its nanana and guitars-bit, anyone else notice that??

Good song and I dont mean its anywhere near a rip-off or something, but the vibe is similar :)

What's with (my perceived) semi-disdain of some of Corgan in the media/music circles? Just a bunch of inner-band turmoil and he came out the bad guy a la Axl?

this is a good place to start: http://forums.netphoria.org/smashing-pumpkins-billy-corgan-discussion/166279-billy-corgan-i-know-youre-reading-you-need-read-now.html

listened to siamese dream and pisces iscariot last night - fucking hell the pumpkins were good back in the day, weren't they? i love how many rarities/b-sides/unreleased songs they have - digging through them is a pleasure.

Freak is kinda like Catcher in the rye with its nanana and guitars-bit, anyone else notice that??

Good song and I dont mean its anywhere near a rip-off or something, but the vibe is similar :)

Well yeah, it sounded really familiar to me-- 1. Because it's a well structured songs, and usually the best kinda give you that Deja Vu feeling.

And 2. cause Catcher in the Rye. Very similar chords during that whole nanana thing. I love both Catcher and Freak. Not saying Corgan ripped it off, but wouldn't that be kind of cool if Axl influenced that part.

Anyone watch the stream for the Terminal 5 show tonight? It was fucking ace.

I missed it, but this channel on YouTube has the whole thing:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brown86Town#p/u/9/K_ha89llQ-g

I'm hoping to find a torrent for the show soon. If not, I guess I'll just rip all of the videos from that channel.

On another torrent note: I found a torrent on Dimeadozen for the show I was at. :thumbsup:

Surprised anyone was able to record it with how strict the security was. If they saw you filming or recording, or anything of the sort, you were kicked out.

Anyone watch the stream for the Terminal 5 show tonight? It was fucking ace.

I missed it, but this channel on YouTube has the whole thing:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brown86Town#p/u/9/K_ha89llQ-g

Thanks for that, I missed a few songs at the beginning, and I didn't know the names of a few, so that'll be pretty handy. I don't know how good a torrent would be for it, though, the stream quality wasn't the greatest. It's not like it was terrible, but it was slightly pixelated.

• 1 month later...

Well... this one is alright. Probably my least favorite from the released tracks, so far.

Just fucking release a studio version of Owata and As Rome Burns, Billy. <_<

Agree on both parts. The new song sounds really empty and almost amateurish, and cheesy to boot. I'd love to hear the other two released, though. ARB is a throwback to their best years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...