Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

regard to Reading we feel at the very least the fans deserve an apology from those responsible for the nonsense. We'd also like to thank the fans for being so great, singing along n' not tearing the place apart!!

how could somebody be so stupid like this man? apology leeds? and you? for all the delays? never? pathetic¡¡¡¡¡ :fuckyou::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I don't know if your smiley laughing faces are to mean you are being sarcastic, and this isn't directed at you, just everyone who is acting like the mob in Frankenstein but here goes: Axl stated back in the chats that he performs better at night. Always has since he was a teenager and if he goes on before he's ready, then he'll give a half ass show and does not want to do that to the fans. I know, hard to believe because all this guy does is shit on us! But the fact remains that he would rather use his own money to pay the fines of playing late AND give the show he feels the FANS deserve as oppose to go on at the scheduled time and give a half ass show and get blasted for doing a shit job up there. So basically his two options, in addition to all the bullshit that get throws at him, is either A. Go on late, have some people bitch about how he isn't fair to the fans and give them the best show he could do (and it is a fuckin' amazing show!) and use his own money to pay the fines (I know, he lives in a mansion, he flies on private jets, but it's still his own money that he worked hard for, we didn't go "Here, you have long red hair, here's my money") or he could get blasted for putting on a shit show and read constant bad reviews about his performance where you know they won't even throw in a "but at least he was on time". Right now the only negative thing I've been hearing and reading is the tardiness. From the videos, bootlegs and stuff, they have been amazing this whole tour!

Another note (So I don't post very often so I have a lot of points to vent about), To all of those fans who go on about how no one likes him anymore and we are all going to stop going to his shows. How can you say that and then make fun of the actual fans who "get it" and call us Axl ass kissers or whatever and say that we are just pure dumb and idiots to put up with the treatment. Obviously it doesn't bother us, so shut the fuck up about it and stop telling me how I should feel! And no, I'm not telling you how to feel, I'm just throwing out another side.

Thank you for your time, sorry if you felt it was wasted. I can't give you your few minutes back though.

There's just one tiny comment to add to your post, you said that Axl stated back in the chats that he performs better at night.

So, just to be a bit sceptic: do you beleive every single thing Axl says?

How about when they were supporting AFD? Also playing support slots ON TIME? He was terrible every time he performed because they weren't performing at night?

The whole point he makes stating he performs better at night is absolutely ridiculous, maybe in his mind it isn't. Think about it, you go to your job and say "well, I want to start 2 hours late because I can perform better." How would that make a difference? You could argue that well one would get to get in the right mindset for things, true, but there's also a thing called DOING THAT AT AN EARLIER TIME IF YOU KNOW YOU NEED IT SO YOU WILL NOT BE LATE! I guess he just doesn't want to be rushed, and that all boils down to carelessness. Carelessness about money (paying fines), promoters (who can lose licenses), and yes even FANS. Because even if YOU don't mind sitting around for an extra hour waiting for Axl to get his mindset together, alot of other fans DO. And yes it's hard to beleive that it's all for the best, because most people recognise that almost 99,9% of bands can get out on the stage on time, and play their best as well!

I've never really cared about these kind of things, but after these latest tweets of Axl, he REALLY touched a very sour note on me. Always the victim and never to blame.

Guns N' Roses Please feel free to share retweet, etc.: The show tonight at #leedsfestival is ON!

So poll on what time they'll come on? I'll get it started :xmasssanta:

they've definitely made some sort of deal regarding set times, theres no way they would be playing otherwise

It could just be that guns would be in deep shit if they didn't fulfil their contractual obligation.

regard to Reading we feel at the very least the fans deserve an apology from those responsible for the nonsense. We'd also like to thank the fans for being so great, singing along n' not tearing the place apart!!

how could somebody be so stupid like this man? apology leeds? and you? for all the delays? never? pathetic¡¡¡¡¡ :fuckyou::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I don't know if your smiley laughing faces are to mean you are being sarcastic, and this isn't directed at you, just everyone who is acting like the mob in Frankenstein but here goes: Axl stated back in the chats that he performs better at night. Always has since he was a teenager and if he goes on before he's ready, then he'll give a half ass show and does not want to do that to the fans. I know, hard to believe because all this guy does is shit on us! But the fact remains that he would rather use his own money to pay the fines of playing late AND give the show he feels the FANS deserve as oppose to go on at the scheduled time and give a half ass show and get blasted for doing a shit job up there. So basically his two options, in addition to all the bullshit that get throws at him, is either A. Go on late, have some people bitch about how he isn't fair to the fans and give them the best show he could do (and it is a fuckin' amazing show!) and use his own money to pay the fines (I know, he lives in a mansion, he flies on private jets, but it's still his own money that he worked hard for, we didn't go "Here, you have long red hair, here's my money") or he could get blasted for putting on a shit show and read constant bad reviews about his performance where you know they won't even throw in a "but at least he was on time". Right now the only negative thing I've been hearing and reading is the tardiness. From the videos, bootlegs and stuff, they have been amazing this whole tour!

Another note (So I don't post very often so I have a lot of points to vent about), To all of those fans who go on about how no one likes him anymore and we are all going to stop going to his shows. How can you say that and then make fun of the actual fans who "get it" and call us Axl ass kissers or whatever and say that we are just pure dumb and idiots to put up with the treatment. Obviously it doesn't bother us, so shut the fuck up about it and stop telling me how I should feel! And no, I'm not telling you how to feel, I'm just throwing out another side.

Thank you for your time, sorry if you felt it was wasted. I can't give you your few minutes back though.

There's just one tiny comment to add to your post, you said that Axl stated back in the chats that he performs better at night.

How about when they were supporting AFD? Also playing support slots ON TIME? He was terrible every time he performed because they weren't performing at night?

The whole point he makes stating he performs better at night is absolutely ridiculous, maybe in his mind it isn't. Think about it, you go to your job and say "well, I want to start 2 hours late because I can perform better." How would that make a difference? You could argue that well one would get to get in the right mindset for things, true, but there's also a thing called DOING THAT AT AN EARLIER TIME IF YOU KNOW YOU NEED IT SO YOU WILL NOT BE LATE! I guess he just doesn't want to be rushed, and that all boils down to carelessness. Carelessness about money (paying fines), promoters (who can lose licenses), and yes even FANS. Because even if YOU don't mind sitting around for an extra hour waiting for Axl to get his mindset together, alot of other fans DO. And yes it's hard to beleive that it's all for the best, because most people recognise that almost 99,9% of bands can get out on the stage on time, and play their best as well!

I've never really cared about these kind of things, but after these latest tweets of Axl, he REALLY touched a very sour note on me. Always the victim and never to blame.

Axl likes to arrive late. When I go to GNR show, I know Axl will be late. It's Axl :rolleyes:

they've definitely made some sort of deal regarding set times, theres no way they would be playing otherwise

It could just be that guns would be in deep shit if they didn't fulfil their contractual obligation.

Normally i would agree but this is GnR, they are used to law suits and probably would welcome one as good PR this time.However there is very limited room for manoeuvre based on other bands and the curfew so im not sure how much of a compromise.They could give other bands shorter sets on condition that GnR take the stage on time?

Axl likes to arrive late. When I go to GNR show, I know Axl will be late. It's Axl :rolleyes:

Very true. And I've never really had a problem with this, until now when he's demanding that Reading apologise for their actions when he thinks he is not to blame whatsoever. That my friend, is insane.

It seems to me, I don't know you so this isn't directed exactly at you, but it seems to me that what really pisses people off is the fact that Axl CAN do it. Sure people get pissed off, but doing things your way, you are gonna piss people off. There is an old saying about how the greatest formula for failure is trying to please everyone. Apparently there are still a lot of people that don't mind and are pleased with the shows. Especially to bitch about shows that you are not even at. As far as believing Axl? Yes, who better knows Axl then Axl? Why would I question Axl when he is stating something about myself? Why would I read interviews or wanna talk to the guy if all I'm going to do is question him? He admits he's late, he explained why, that's it. Hell, even in Brownstone there's the lyric "Show starts around 7, We get on stage around 9). Could it be because of the opening band? Maybe, but if it was written when they were opening for other bands, why would it be about that? It was the I do what I want attitude, you are either with me or against me type attitude. It worked! It worked back then and I'd say it's working now. From reviews and the youtube videos, when the "hero promoter who wanted to slay the evil Axl and stand up to him" pulled the plug, people were chanting Axl, Axl or Let Them Play, or One More Song. Maybe there were some chats of Fuck you Axl Rose (like the one that Axl started back in Asia) or You Got What You Deserve, but those weren't talked about (at least not that I read), the positive ones were. People were won over by the second song and enjoyed singing along. Hell, they stayed for the fan sing along of Paradise. Doesn't sound like those people were too offended and pissed off at that time.

Everyone is given a chance to be great. Me, I could not do it and I work a regular job. But like it says in the Declaration of Independence, we are all give Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Pursuit, doesn't mean we are guaranteed happiness, but we are all able to pursue it. Axl pursed it with his hard work, dedication, talent, and Never Say Die attitude. He is able to show up to work late. Does he get in trouble? Yea. Do people talk about him? Yea. But he keeps getting invited back and able to put on shows and tours. Some may bring up the States and how he can't tour here anymore. That is Bullshit! They choose not to tour here this year, for whatever reason. Could be they wanted to hit the places they don't normally hit first, then get us next year, who knows? But I HIGHLY doubt it's because NO ONE wants him. When they do hit, and they do get a tour, everyone will start pointing out that they aren't selling the places out, yadda yadda yadda, but you know what? They'll be changing the story from NO ONE wanting them to "well, he would have done better had he been on time". So Axl was able to do things on his term, most people can not and they are pissed that he can. Suck it up! This isn't a communism where everyone is the same and all have to do the same thing. If someone does something better then I at work, and get promoted, why would I be pissed at them? It would just motivate me to work harder and get the next one.

As far as playing the victim? You kinda just proved one thing that has been a theory about Axl. He can't win. When he's silent, people rag on him "It's not a normal band, they don't give constant updates, they don't care about their fans because they don't talk" But when he does talk, saying what HE WANTS TO SAY (remember that freedom of speech?), people rag on him because it isn't what "they wanna hear". Another case of Axl being damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. People are going to hate on him just because he's Axl. Why should he go against what he does to please them and get them to like him. All he's done throughout his career is been himself. You either liked him, loved him, hated him or didn't care about him. Seems to me that a lot of people choose to love him. Point being, he has made the right decision. Just because we work jobs where we can be replaced and have to play by the rules, doesn't mean we have to tear down those that are not like that. I for one want an compromised Axl as oppose to a sell out who does things that his "image consultants" tell him so he can stay relevant. I think he did a damn good job of that on his own.

It seems to me, I don't know you so this isn't directed exactly at you, but it seems to me that what really pisses people off is the fact that Axl CAN do it. Sure people get pissed off, but doing things your way, you are gonna piss people off. There is an old saying about how the greatest formula for failure is trying to please everyone. Apparently there are still a lot of people that don't mind and are pleased with the shows. Especially to bitch about shows that you are not even at. As far as believing Axl? Yes, who better knows Axl then Axl? Why would I question Axl when he is stating something about myself? Why would I read interviews or wanna talk to the guy if all I'm going to do is question him? He admits he's late, he explained why, that's it. Hell, even in Brownstone there's the lyric "Show starts around 7, We get on stage around 9). Could it be because of the opening band? Maybe, but if it was written when they were opening for other bands, why would it be about that? It was the I do what I want attitude, you are either with me or against me type attitude. It worked! It worked back then and I'd say it's working now. From reviews and the youtube videos, when the "hero promoter who wanted to slay the evil Axl and stand up to him" pulled the plug, people were chanting Axl, Axl or Let Them Play, or One More Song. Maybe there were some chats of Fuck you Axl Rose (like the one that Axl started back in Asia) or You Got What You Deserve, but those weren't talked about (at least not that I read), the positive ones were. People were won over by the second song and enjoyed singing along. Hell, they stayed for the fan sing along of Paradise. Doesn't sound like those people were too offended and pissed off at that time.

Everyone is given a chance to be great. Me, I could not do it and I work a regular job. But like it says in the Declaration of Independence, we are all give Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Pursuit, doesn't mean we are guaranteed happiness, but we are all able to pursue it. Axl pursed it with his hard work, dedication, talent, and Never Say Die attitude. He is able to show up to work late. Does he get in trouble? Yea. Do people talk about him? Yea. But he keeps getting invited back and able to put on shows and tours. Some may bring up the States and how he can't tour here anymore. That is Bullshit! They choose not to tour here this year, for whatever reason. Could be they wanted to hit the places they don't normally hit first, then get us next year, who knows? But I HIGHLY doubt it's because NO ONE wants him. When they do hit, and they do get a tour, everyone will start pointing out that they aren't selling the places out, yadda yadda yadda, but you know what? They'll be changing the story from NO ONE wanting them to "well, he would have done better had he been on time". So Axl was able to do things on his term, most people can not and they are pissed that he can. Suck it up! This isn't a communism where everyone is the same and all have to do the same thing. If someone does something better then I at work, and get promoted, why would I be pissed at them? It would just motivate me to work harder and get the next one.

As far as playing the victim? You kinda just proved one thing that has been a theory about Axl. He can't win. When he's silent, people rag on him "It's not a normal band, they don't give constant updates, they don't care about their fans because they don't talk" But when he does talk, saying what HE WANTS TO SAY (remember that freedom of speech?), people rag on him because it isn't what "they wanna hear". Another case of Axl being damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. People are going to hate on him just because he's Axl. Why should he go against what he does to please them and get them to like him. All he's done throughout his career is been himself. You either liked him, loved him, hated him or didn't care about him. Seems to me that a lot of people choose to love him. Point being, he has made the right decision. Just because we work jobs where we can be replaced and have to play by the rules, doesn't mean we have to tear down those that are not like that. I for one want an compromised Axl as oppose to a sell out who does things that his "image consultants" tell him so he can stay relevant. I think he did a damn good job of that on his own.

I respect your well articulated opinions.

I think we can both respect the same thing, which is Axl's talent.

But I feel we still disagree on Axl "the person", which is of course completely fine, this is a discussion board, and there wouldn't be a discussion without opposite opinions.

However I would like to touch on the subject that you ask: why should you question what Axl says?

I don't know Axl personally, nor do I wish to care to. Celebrities in my mind are not higher beings, they're just people, equal to us.

And I'm sure you must've personally known or know a person that never thinks he/she has done anything wrong. So why could that not be applied to Axl?

Now, not to insinuate that there is something wrong with Axl's personality (because as I said, I don't know him personally), but a person with a borderline personality always sees him/herself as never to blame, always twisting and turning things to proove others as well that they're never in the wrong.

I respect your well articulated opinions.

I think we can both respect the same thing, which is Axl's talent.

But I feel we still disagree on Axl "the person", which is of course completely fine, this is a discussion board, and there wouldn't be a discussion without opposite opinions.

However I would like to touch on the subject that you ask: why should you question what Axl says?

I don't know Axl personally, nor do I wish to care to. Celebrities in my mind are not higher beings, they're just people, equal to us.

And I'm sure you must've personally known or know a person that never thinks he/she has done anything wrong. So why could that not be applied to Axl?

Now, not to insinuate that there is something wrong with Axl's personality (because as I said, I don't know him personally), but a person with a borderline personality always sees him/herself as never to blame, always twisting and turning things to proove others as well that they're never in the wrong.

You are correct, we should agree to disagree on Axl the person.

As far as celebrities go, I agree as well. They are just regular people who are not higher beings (Jersey Shore or Kardashian's for example). I don't know Axl personally and I never even had the chance to meet him. But from a lot of people close to him say, he wears his heart on his sleeve. His lyrics really touch on things going on in my life that I can relate to. His music/lyrics helped me through the years of growing up, which I'm sure some can say the same thing. So it isn't just the fact that he's the lead singer of Guns N Roses or that he's famous and is on TV and magazines, but the person that he seems to be deep down inside. That's what I respect and like about him. And yes, I believe we all do know someone who thinks they never do any wrong. But I never did say weather I thought it was right or wrong that he does what he does. I just said he's going to do it regardless. It's that that I respect. There's a resident at the place that I work who constantly yells at people when things go wrong, curse at people, and yes, I've been on the receiving end of it. The day after she yelled at me (I forget about what) she asked if it was me who she yelled at and I said yes and she kinda shrugged her shoulders as if to say "well, it happens but I'm not apologizing for it". I respected the hell out of that and her and I get along fine now. People who can do things their way and still succeed in life are impressive to me. And are talking doing wrong as in being late or other things? Being late, he already explained himself, right or wrong, that's what he's doing and not compromising. That is all people are really bitching about nowadays so...I'm just saying that some of the things that people claim Axl is playing the victim to, I think he is justified in dealing with things that way.

@axlrose said:

Don't know what it is w/us or these last 2 shows. Takes the fun out it 4 everyone fans, band n' crew alike but whatever. So u know we allegedly had a deal in place pre show w/the city at least at Leeds to do a bit longer performance that was either miscommunication, someone wasn't informed, changed their mind, didn't care or was a con.

Regardless the nonsense just seems so unnecessary but w/out real management or industry presence is unfortunately beyond r control.

We hope the fans feel they got at least what they could from us under the circumstances as 4 us all things considered that's the main thing. The rest is filler. Anyway, enough rambling.

Peace, thanks 4 understanding n' what we did manage to get done out there was a blast! The crowds n' fans were amazing!! And in r opinion (not that apparently it means much) u deserved better!! Thanks again!! Axl-

@axlrose said:

Don't know what it is w/us or these last 2 shows. Takes the fun out it 4 everyone fans, band n' crew alike but whatever. So u know we allegedly had a deal in place pre show w/the city at least at Leeds to do a bit longer performance that was either miscommunication, someone wasn't informed, changed their mind, didn't care or was a con.

Regardless the nonsense just seems so unnecessary but w/out real management or industry presence is unfortunately beyond r control.

We hope the fans feel they got at least what they could from us under the circumstances as 4 us all things considered that's the main thing. The rest is filler. Anyway, enough rambling.

Peace, thanks 4 understanding n' what we did manage to get done out there was a blast! The crowds n' fans were amazing!! And in r opinion (not that apparently it means much) u deserved better!! Thanks again!! Axl-

Well....that explains that I guess :xmassrudolph:

@axlrose said:

A new twitter. He is talkative, ha.

Despite the circumstances (bad blood between GNR & promoters), I think they did a good job. And it was good they decided not to cancel Leeds show :thumbsup:

Bbf Beard Twitter:

@ronsbeard

Tomorrow when Ron wakes up I'm going to try to convince him to skip out on that silly tour and go *logging* instead. about 9 hours ago via web
Maybe *I* should do some meet-n-greets without Ron........ "Ron's Beard signing in Belfast...?" hmmmmm....... about 9 hours ago via web

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Bbf Beard Twitter:

@ronsbeard

Tomorrow when Ron wakes up I'm going to try to convince him to skip out on that silly tour and go *logging* instead. about 9 hours ago via web
Maybe *I* should do some meet-n-greets without Ron........ "Ron's Beard signing in Belfast...?" hmmmmm....... about 9 hours ago via web