Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

^^Where did he post that? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

DJASHBA

Hung @ the hard Rock in London last night, very cool place, they have a vault full of old goodies!!

4 minutes ago via web

DJASHBA

Im never up this early unless Im just going to bed. It's almost 9 am here, everyone's asleep, heading off to Nobu for breakfast! Y U M >!

less than 10 seconds ago via web

^^Where did he post that? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=5040310&id=208130482474&ref=fbx_album

DJASHBA

Guns N' Roses Headlining Reading Festival 88,000 people in two days!! F^$#k Yeah!

..don't be late! :D

:rofl-lol: lets see about that...anyone knows if Axl is in the UK yet?

Axl is due to arrive tomorrow

source : Festival Republic

On Saturday 28th August 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Hi honey, what a day at the office! Had the plug pulled on us, power shut off - I grabbed an acoustic, Deej turned his amp up, Ax grabbed a megaphone, told him I'd grab 10 random people from the audience and bring 'em on stage for a personal acoustic show, but shit was winding down, local security wasn't lookin' to help, had a bit of a Paradise City sing-along but finally we had to just bid farewell... (Leeds: Axl/management will let ya know if there's gonna be any definite change of plans...) This is the kinda crazy shit I need, I feel fukkin good - party hoppin with my bandmates for the last 6 hours. Love you!!

Edited by Axl_Rob

On Saturday 28th August 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Hi honey, what a day at the office! Had the plug pulled on us, power shut off - I grabbed an acoustic, Deej turned his amp up, Ax grabbed a megaphone, told him I'd grab 10 random people from the audience and bring 'em on stage for a personal acoustic show, but shit was winding down, local security wasn't lookin' to help, had a bit of a Paradise City sing-along but finally we had to just bid farewell... (Leeds: Axl/management will let ya know if there's gonna be any definite change of plans...) This is the kinda crazy shit I need, I feel fukkin good - party hoppin with my bandmates for the last 6 hours. Love you!!

At least he's in good spirits this time...

they weren't excessively late, 1030 is acceptable. pulling the plug, thats on the promoter.

ive always held axl accountable where i felt fit, ive always objected to the late starts, but 10:30? i think tonight was acceptable. i suspect this might be part of the reason bumble isnt fuming.

Edited by Jackie Moon

they weren't excessively late, 1030 is acceptable. pulling the plug, thats on the promoter.

ive always held axl accountable where i felt fit, ive always objected to the late starts, but 10:30? i think tonight was acceptable. i suspect this might be part of the reason bumble isnt fuming.

Yup, I agree. I also am confused about what the problem is. The set was an hour and a half (since the promoter was not true to his word and did not pull the plug at 11:30). Isn't that a long enough set for this type of festival?

Yeah, I don't think one can defend Axl's lateness as it is unprofessional but at the end of the day I don't really mind as it's such a great show.

10:30 however isn't that late at all which is making me think there may have been technical hiccups other than Axl not wanting to go out on stage. Also, GN'R have a very elaborate stage show which will take quite a long time to prepare. Compared to the time Axl sometimes goes on stage this isn't late.

And Bumble not being mad I think also shows this, I mean if he was mad at Axl for being late and and causing the plug to get pulled why would he be out partying with other band members for six hours? I did however see Bumble on stage before they came on during the wait discussing something with someone who I guess was part of the crew. I certainly think this is more than Axl just wanting to be late. As I said in another thread this may have just cost them playing any UK festivals in the future so I think that if they were ready at 21:30 they would have been on stage.