Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Nah, Slash hasn't had presence or songwriting ability for over 20 years. Axl made GNR the electrifying band that it was and is. Watch some early days stuff. Axl was the focal point of the band even when he wasn't trying to be. Slash got his lucky break courtesy of Rose... and for that he should be eternally thankful.

Many industry insiders believe that Slash was the real talent of the band. What hit songs has Axl produced over the past 20 years? Slither? Set Me Free? no, your axl loving argument sucks, so get a better one

Nah, Slash hasn't had presence or songwriting ability for over 20 years. Axl made GNR the electrifying band that it was and is. Watch some early days stuff. Axl was the focal point of the band even when he wasn't trying to be. Slash got his lucky break courtesy of Rose... and for that he should be eternally thankful.

Many industry insiders believe that Slash was the real talent of the band. What hit songs has Axl produced over the past 20 years? Slither? Set Me Free? no, your axl loving argument sucks, so get a better one

Which industry insiders? Really, I'd like to know.

They both mused for each other, and they both rose on the shoulders of Izzy's talent. So what. Every successful person uses others' talents to further themselves and don't give appropriate praise. GnR survived the early years through the help and support of strippers. Do you think they became wealthy through their contribution to AFD? GnR members have often stressed the importance of their contribution to their survival.

I think Axl thrived with Slash and Izzy around. After they split, it became more work, laborious work, for Axl to create that type of sound. Luckily he felt comfortable enough to move on to other sounds. Slash feels comfortable staying with the same sound. We benefit from both directions.

Um, and just to hint at staying on topic, I have not seen any tweets today so far.

I will never understand how people call themselves Guns N' Roses fans that diss Slash/Axl/Duff/Izzy/Steven/Sorum/Stinson/Fortus/Bumblefoot/Ashba/Finck/Brain/Dizzy/Frank/Pittman/Buckethead all the time.

People really takes sides in this?! The way it SHOULD be is that whoever was or is in Guns N' Roses past or present should be well liked and RESPECTED.

I support this band NO MATTER WHAT, and I support Axl NO MATTER WHAT, but to the people that say stupid crap like "Slash was/is just another guitar player", "Slash who", "Slash had no pressence or aura", "Axl ruined everything", Axl Rose is to blame for everything", "Axl owes me wah wah wah", "Steven is a drug addict (which is true, but he has tried damn hard to clean up his act) that was subpar", then these kind of people have the audacity to slag the new band/lineup. "DJ looks like a freak", "Fortus/Bumblerfoot/Ashba don't come close to what Slash was/is", "Brain, and Frank's drumming is better than those other two nobodies ever was".

People, do any or some of you (is becoming most now) ever listen to yourselves talk or read what you type?!

This is Guns N' F'N Roses, and people shouldn't be spending their time taking sides or slagging the new band. People should be supporting Axl, or the band NO MATTER WHAT, or no matter what the lineup is.

These people are becoming parasites, and i'm not gonna say they're not true Guns N' Roses fans, because i'm sure everybody has a passion for this GREAT band past or present lineup, and that wouldn't be fair. But the ones that take sides, say stupid outlandish things, diss past or current members, and slag the new band, I seriously laugh at these people, and wonder to myself how they could call themselves Guns N' Roses fans. Again, i'm not questioning their passion, but I am wondering how they can call themselves fans at this point.

I support Axl, whatever he wants to do, or no matter what the lineup is because this is the GREATEST and the BEST band i've ever heard/seen, NO MATTER WHAT. I would still support the band or Axl even if they came on 2 hours late, and there was a riot all at the same show I was at and STILL go to the next Guns N' Roses show the next time they're in town. Because I understand, and i'm sure i'm not alone, that that's the deal with Guns N' Roses. I understand that things don't always go according to plan with Axl or the band. Take it or leave it.

I'm more in the middle, and I certainly don't take sides, although I lean towards more Axl's side, and think Slash has become a media whore (because it's true), but I will never diss him, throw insults, at him for no reason out of nowhere, or at any past or current member. The guy was in Guns N' Roses of course, and is one of the GREATEST GNR members and guitarists EVER! I most certainly will never diss Axl. Because all these people/musicians were or are in Guns N' Roses!!! My or our favorite band! It's time to start acting like it is to a lot on this board or GNR community. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to disagree, criticize, one of them when something goes haywire. I'm just saying people should support tjhis band no matter what, no matter who the members are, and no matter if Slash is in the band or not.

As far as people not wanting a reunion goes, I laugh at those people too, because I think we know that if there ever was a reunion, most of them would be the first in line to buy tickets. Would I love a reunion? Of course! But until then, I wont be holding my breath on it, or banking on it. It's all up to Axl. He does own the name afterall. He could do what he wants. Of course people just like to forget that fact. Until then, I and most other people will be SUPPORTING Axl, and the band, Guns N' Roses, as much as I/we can. It's certainly better than 99% of the music out today or now. What are you gonna listen to? That POP crap?, Rap/Hip Pop (it's no longer Hip Hop as I used to like Rap, or like anything old school). You're certainly not gonna be listening to any EMO CRAP.

Anyway, just enjoy the band, Guns N' F'N Roses, that you love. You're a GNR fan, just act like it, that's all! (ok, I so totally ripped that off from Axl's One In A Million rant from L.A. from 1989, "your'e in america, just act like it that's all! LOL".

To those going to see the band tonight, or in the future, have a good time! There's no other better concert to go to. Now if GNR would just come back to New York, and tour the states. I will DEFINITELY be getting my tickets the next time they do.

Edited by HOMEFUCK88

I will never understand how people call themselves Guns N' Roses fans that diss Slash/Axl/Duff/Izzy/Steven/Sorum/Stinson/Fortus/Bumblefoot/Ashba/Brain/Dizzy/Frank/Pittman/Buckethead all the time.

People really takes sides in this?! The way it SHOULD be is that whoever was or is in Guns N' Roses past or present should be well liked and RESPECTED.

I support this band NO MATTER WHAT, and I support Axl NO MATTER WHAT, but to the people that say stupid crap like "Slash was/is just another guitar player", "Slash who", "Slash had no pressence or aura", "Axl ruined everything", Axl Rose is to blame for everything", "Axl owes me wah wah wah", "Steven is a drug addict (which is true, but he has tried damn hard to clean up his act) that was subpar", then these kind of people have the audacity to slag the new band/lineup. "DJ looks like a freak", "Fortus/Bumblerfoot/Ashba don't come close to what Slash was/is", "Brain, and Frank's drumming is better than those other two nobodies ever was".

People, do any or some of you (is becoming most now) ever listen to yourselves talk or read what you type?!

This is Guns N' F'N Roses, and people shouldn't be spending their time taking sides or slagging the new band. People should be supporting Axl, or the band NO MATTER WHAT, or no matter what the lineup is.

These people are becoming parasites, and i'm not gonna say they're not true Guns N' Roses fans, because i'm sure everybody has a passion for this GREAT band past or present lineup, and that wouldn't be fair. But the ones that take sides, say stupid outlandish things, diss past or current members, and slag the new band, I seriously laugh at these people, and wonder to myself how they could call themselves Guns N' Roses fans. Again, i'm not questioning their passion, but I am wondering how that can call themselves fans at this point.

I support Axl, whatever he wants to do, or no matter what the lineup is because this is the GREATEST and the BEST band i've ever heard/seen, NO MATTER WHAT. I would still support the band or Axl even if they came on 2 hours late, and there was a riot all at the same show I was at and STILL go to the next Guns N' Roses show the next time they're in town. Because I understand, and i'm sure i'm not alone, that that's the deal with Guns N' Roses. I understand that things don't always go according to plan with Axl or the band. Take it or leave it.

I'm more in the middle, and I certainly don't take sides, although I lean towards more Axl's side, and think Slash has become a media whore (because it's true), but I will never diss him, throw insults, at him for no reason out of nowhere, or at any past or current member. The guy was in Guns N' Roses of course, and is one of the GREATEST GNR members and guitarists EVER! I most certainly will never diss Axl. Because all these people/musicians were or are in Guns N' Roses!!! My or our favorite band! It's time to start acting like it is to a lot on this board or GNR community. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to disagree, criticize, one of them when something goes haywire. I'm just saying people should support tjhis band no matter what, no matter who the members are, and no matter if Slash is in the band or not.

As far as people not wanting a reunion goes, I laugh at those people too, because I think we know that if there ever was a reunion, most of them would be the first in line to buy tickets. Would I love a reunion? Of course! But until then, I wont be holding my breath on it, or banking on it. It's all up to Axl. He does own the name afterall. He could do what he wants. Of course people just like to forget that fact. Until then, I and most other people will be SUPPORTING Axl, and the band, Guns N' Roses, as much as I/we can. It's certainly better than 99% of the music out today or now. What are you gonna listen to? That POP crap?, Rap/Hip Pop (it's no longer Hip Hop as I used to like Rap, or like anything old school). You're certainly not gonna be listening to any EMO CRAP.

Anyway, just enjoy the band, Guns N' F'N Roses, that you love. You're a GNR fan, just act like it, that's all! (ok, I so totally ripped that off from Axl's One In A Million rant from L.A. from 1989, "your'e in america, just act like it that's all! LOL".

To those going to see the band tonight, or in the future, have a good time! There's no other better concert to go to. Now if GNR would just come back to New York, and tour the states. I will DEFINITELY be getting my tickets the next time they do.

+1

I do however say on the subject of a reunion that, sure I'd be the first to buy tickets, (if they play the UK) but I still maintain that you'll see a better performance out of the current band. Why? Too much has been said and done by different parties. Take Pink Floyd for example. Their Live 8 show was great but you can see the awkwardness on stage. After that I saw Gilmour and Waters live and on their 'solo' tours (I say 'solo' because Gilmour toured with Rick Wright and Waters had Nick Mason guest) they seemed far more into it and having a better time.

Now, if Gilmour and Waters can set aside their differences there's hope for a GN'R reunion but I doubt it would be a tour, it would be like the Floyd show - a few songs at a big event.

IMO because of all that's been said and done over the years if old GN'R get back together the great vibe they had won't be there. There certainly won't be interaction between Slash and Axl like there is between Ashba and Axl.

I will never understand how people call themselves Guns N' Roses fans that diss Slash/Axl/Duff/Izzy/Steven/Sorum/Stinson/Fortus/Bumblefoot/Ashba/Brain/Dizzy/Frank/Pittman/Buckethead all the time.

These people are becoming parasites, and i'm not gonna say they're not true Guns N' Roses fans, because i'm sure everybody has a passion for this GREAT band past or present lineup, and that wouldn't be fair. But the ones that take sides, say stupid outlandish things, diss past or current members, and slag the new band, I seriously laugh at these people, and wonder to myself how they could call themselves Guns N' Roses fans. Again, i'm not questioning their passion, but I am wondering how that can call themselves fans at this point.

+1

I do however say on the subject of a reunion that, sure I'd be the first to buy tickets, (if they play the UK) but I still maintain that you'll see a better performance out of the current band. Why? Too much has been said and done by different parties. Take Pink Floyd for example. Their Live 8 show was great but you can see the awkwardness on stage. After that I saw Gilmour and Waters live and on their 'solo' tours (I say 'solo' because Gilmour toured with Rick Wright and Waters had Nick Mason guest) they seemed far more into it and having a better time.

Now, if Gilmour and Waters can set aside their differences there's hope for a GN'R reunion but I doubt it would be a tour, it would be like the Floyd show - a few songs at a big event.

IMO because of all that's been said and done over the years if old GN'R get back together the great vibe they had won't be there. There certainly won't be interaction between Slash and Axl like there is between Ashba and Axl.

GREAT point. I do agree with you Pink Floyd comparison. I agree that there wouldn't really be interaction with Slash and Axl IF there ever was a reunion. Who knows though.

As a long time lurker on this board, the bickering between the people that take sides has become tiresome. I've seen enough posts on this board over the years to know what goes on in most threads, and the constant dissing towards past and current members, and the complaining. I like the bickering only when good points are raised. But most of the time it's reponses like "Slash who?", or "Axl owes me wah wah wah" post number 9999999999 that I don't understand. It was cute in the beginning, now it's just tiresome.

Thanks for the response.

Edited by HOMEFUCK88

My last words off-topic in this thread: Stating and agreeing that Slash could be replaced in GNR with another guitar player whereas Axl could not be replaced by another singer, does not count as dissing. Not in my eyes, at least.

It is a proven fact, it has been done - with the resulting sound being unmistakingly GNR. However, without Axl's unique voice it would always sound like a cover, even with all the other AFD line-up members playing as a band again. (I am open for proof of the opposite.)

Axl, please tweet something today, so we have some new topic-related material in this thread, will you?

My last words off-topic in this thread: Stating and agreeing that Slash could be replaced in GNR with another guitar player whereas Axl could not be replaced by another singer, does not count as dissing. Not in my eyes, at least.

It is a proven fact, it has been done - with the resulting sound being unmistakingly GNR. However, without Axl's unique voice it would always sound like a cover, even with all the other AFD line-up members playing as a band again. (I am open for proof of the opposite.)

Axl, please tweet something today, so we have some new topic-related material in this thread, will you?

I'd have to say I agree whilst Slash and Myles at Download were awsome, Myles just isn't Axl however I preferred him singing GN'R stuff to VR stuff as Scott has such a unique voice. At the end of the day its down to personal preference.

On Tuesday 31st August 2010, @axlrose said:

Our start times at the Reading and Leeds festivals factually had nothing to do with us as the previous bands (who were great by the way) came off stage when they did and we went on within' our contracted and documented changeover time period.

Whatever other nonsense anyone's choosing to write would appear intentionally false.

Having the fans or our show penalized for how the event was ran or simply the natural flow of events those evenings and for such minimal amount of overtime along with distortions and falsehoods by media, the promoter and or event organizers regarding the events seems a bit draconian and more than unfair to the fans.

A simple question: If you are aware of our changeover time, the average length of our show and the general nature of how these types of festivals run all of which are no big secrets...why book us?

Is it simply because the lineup on our nights at both festivals sold well? So it's a cash grab with no respect for the fans or the band and somehow an unwanted inconvenience for the cities and law enforcement? If we're not wanted and just being used to line someone else's pockets or for fictitious tabloid fodder at the fans and our expense we're fine with going elsewhere. God forbid we would force ourselves on anyone. It's not that kinda party.

I didn't organize, arrange, authorize, have knowledge of or was even consulted about our being booked for these shows till after the fact nor did I choose to work with anyone I'm aware of other than our manager who was involved in arranging these dates. Yet it would appear we're amazingly often legally obligated to honor such arrangements whether against our will or better judgment. That's simply and unfortunately how this business often works with the artist and imo seems is legally supported to benefit managers, agents, promoters and ticket vendors.

With how the fans and we were treated in the past I had what I feel were legitimate and now proven justified apprehensions. Yet we gave 100% and from where we stood it seemed as if the both the fans (who rocked!) and our camp were having fun and making the most of things.

Why (and what would appear intentionally) risk having it go bad for everyone? Imo that's where true recklessness and negligence at both the fans and our expense would seem to be.

Anyway...thanks again to all the fans who made our nights!!

Peace!!

Yeah he's basically saying if you know anything about us (changeover times, length of our set etc.) then you knew this was going to happen so why book us if you have strict curfews? Then claims it's probably a cash n grab by the promoters who didn't care about the fans nor the band and just knew Guns would make the festival sell well.

Then goes on to say that he didn't know they were playing Reading and Leeds until it was fully booked by the GNR manager. Kinda hinted he didn't wanna be there..

His first part.. he's got a big point.