Are Cameras Allowed On The Canadian Tour?

MicEffecT

in winnipeg tickets usually say no camera/recorders for everything, but i have yet to see or hear about security taking them from anyone or telling them to stop.

metalllica tickets said no recorders and check this out, the security could have stopped him anytime he wanted to. This guy recorded almost the entire show

i hope this guy recording is at gnr!

Winnipeg's MTS center has an amazing sound system. Cant wait!

Edited by wpgGNRfan

At the ACC I believe that they have a rule that stipulates that you cannot being in a camera with a zoom of more than 55mm.

So a pocket sized cam I doubt you will have a problem... If you plan on bringing in an SLR (or something that looks like one!) I would check with the venue directly and even if you get their ok, I would get it in writing (or email or whatever) and bring that along.

Edited by Howard2k

in winnipeg tickets usually say no camera/recorders for everything, but i have yet to see or hear about security taking them from anyone or telling them to stop.

metalllica tickets said no recorders and check this out, the security could have stopped him anytime he wanted to. This guy recorded almost the entire show

Yeah, that guy got tons of Metallica footage. Depends on the security I guess. I was floor for metallica, and one guard was telling a few of us in his area along the rail to get rid of the camera phones. Pointed at me the instant I even took my phone out. I haven't felt anything like that since I was on jr. high.

Same with at Kiss back in November. Same damn security guard at my section. He was walking and sticking his hand in the view of people recording the show. Also stopped and yelled at chicks throwing their bra's and gene and paul. Wow.

Not sure about GNR. I got a paperless ticket, so I don't know policies for this show. The arenas site doesn't say anything about it. Either way, MTS Centre has great sound. And in a week, it's gunna get fucking rocked!

They always say No Camera's,,But in Toronto they usually let in camera's that don't have any detachable lens..So that way you can't get any great shots,also they will not let in any recording devices that's forsure.I have seen them come over and stop people from recording .

Edited by peterboroguycanada

They always say No Camera's,,But in Toronto they usually let in camera's that don't have any detachable lens..So that way you can't get any great shots,also they will not let in any recording devices that's forsure.I have seen them come over and stop people from recording .

The ACC has never said "no cameras" when I call in advance, always only no deatachable lenses. Also, you can get great pictures with point & shoots, you just need to know how to manipulate your camera. This is from a point & shoot:

103_0172.jpg

Edited by Powerage5

In Everett in 06 cameras weren't allowed, they searched people at the door. Then when I got in the venue, I pulled the camera out of my pants and was taking pictures of Bach, a security guy came up to me after his set and before GnR and told me it's not the venue's policy it's Axl's, so don't let Axl catch me taking his picture. He also pointed out the head security guy that I would have to watch out for. That guy was pretty cool. I actually have a picture of Axl glaring at me while I take his picture.

Yeah, that guy got tons of Metallica footage. Depends on the security I guess. I was floor for metallica, and one guard was telling a few of us in his area along the rail to get rid of the camera phones. Pointed at me the instant I even took my phone out. I haven't felt anything like that since I was on jr. high.

Same with at Kiss back in November. Same damn security guard at my section. He was walking and sticking his hand in the view of people recording the show. Also stopped and yelled at chicks throwing their bra's and gene and paul. Wow.

Not sure about GNR. I got a paperless ticket, so I don't know policies for this show. The arenas site doesn't say anything about it. Either way, MTS Centre has great sound. And in a week, it's gunna get fucking rocked!

was it the pretty boy with long blond hair? that guy is a total dick he walks around like he owns the arena. It seems like he doesnt want anyone to have fun at a fucking rock concert. maybe he trys to count how many people he kicks out at every concert and then tries to top it next time. I wouldn't be surprised if he kicked 12 people out at disney's on ice or some shit like that.

In Everett in 06 cameras weren't allowed, they searched people at the door. Then when I got in the venue, I pulled the camera out of my pants and was taking pictures of Bach, a security guy came up to me after his set and before GnR and told me it's not the venue's policy it's Axl's, so don't let Axl catch me taking his picture. He also pointed out the head security guy that I would have to watch out for. That guy was pretty cool. I actually have a picture of Axl glaring at me while I take his picture.

OK. So I'll leave my camera at home. I don't wanna uin Axl's great mood. Or become a statistic at a GNR concert lol

Thanx guys

was it the pretty boy with long blond hair? that guy is a total dick he walks around like he owns the arena. It seems like he doesnt want anyone to have fun at a fucking rock concert. maybe he trys to count how many people he kicks out at every concert and then tries to top it next time. I wouldn't be surprised if he kicked 12 people out at disney's on ice or some shit like that.

Not sure, this guy doesn't have crazy long hair.

I happened to accidently get a picture on my iPhone of him at Metallica from where I was standing on the floor. And then for Kiss, I puposely got 2 pics of him to post on facebook. Tagged as "the biggest douche security guard ever." I was just pissed that I got to see him attempt to ruin 2 concert experiences for a few people.

http://img85.imageshack.us/i/img0286v.jpg/

http://img22.imageshack.us/i/img0352ql.jpg/

http://img22.imageshack.us/i/img0351fw.jpg/

:shrugs:

Edited by Gunner55

Not sure, this guy doesn't have crazy long hair.

I happened to accidently get a picture on my iPhone of him at Metallica from where I was standing on the floor. And then for Kiss, I puposely got 2 pics of him to post on facebook. Tagged as "the biggest douche security guard ever." I was just pissed that I got to see him attempt to ruin 2 concert experiences for a few people.

http://img85.imageshack.us/i/img0286v.jpg/

http://img22.imageshack.us/i/img0352ql.jpg/

http://img22.imageshack.us/i/img0351fw.jpg/

:shrugs:

nope wasnt who i was thinking, i have not seen that guy before to be honest. the tall blond guy that im talking about im sure is a local wrestler too.

I wil find out who is doing security for this event, if its who I think it is I will find out who this guy is, I know head of security for most shows in this area

which event? winnipegs? man its cool to see how many gunners there are from the peg.

i think everyone should start taking pictures of some of the lame security, i had one guy run right into my girlfriend knocking her to the floor all because someone like 50 feet in front of us was drinking a can of beer, we were not even directly in the crowd or anything, there was a 10 foot wide path in front of us where no one was standing. i almost wanted to say "thanks to the lame ass security, im going home"

I just got confirmation that this guy will indeed be at the G N' R show. He said he'll be on the floor so expect the camera to be a bit shaky and the audio will be a bit distorted. Good news though. Sadly, he will not be attending Toronto etc.

I just spoke to Azoff Music (Front Line Management) They will be getting back to me regarding still camera policies for Toronto. I spoke to the Air Canada Center, they advised me to contact the tour manager. Which I did. I will be updating this.