Security at Winnipeg show instructed to turn away people if they showed up in Slash shirts/tophats

madison

It's not about whether or not you like Chinese Democracy or Axl continuing on with GN'R name.

You are right on this one. This thread is about axl kicking out fans that wear slash shirts. And its our fair right to disagree with this behaviour and still be good guns n roses fans. remember who created this thread. This thread is especially not a place to answer your personal questions why certain people post here. thats totally off topic. If you are so interested in the motivation why peope post here start your own topic in the fitting subforum. Other then that I reckon your post as try to stir up hatred towards slash fans.

Way to take my quote out of context :thumbsup: You did so quite moronically, so two :thumbsup::rofl-lol: If you had followed the conversation as it unfolded organically, you would see that this line of discussion arose out of a statement someone else made that I challenged. I'm a Slash fan myself. I have everything he's ever put out. I even have his McFarlane Toys figure on my bookcase at home. I'd hardly be trying to stir up hate towards myself :confused:

Ali

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people seem to think it's so far fetched that this request was given by someone - if not Axl then someone else in the GNR camp that doesn't want anything that could possibly set him off and derail things.

I recall reading a review someone gave of when they got backstage in 2006 or 2007 (can't recall exactly when and where, I'll try and dig it up) and they said when they went back there (I think it was Vanessa) was handing people who had gnr shirts with the old band on new chinese democracy t-shirts to put on over the top of them.

So if they were doing that then, it's hardly a stretch to imagine this situation actually occuring.

I'm just trying to understand the motivation and honestly, whether or not it's something more than getting your rocks off trying to piss people off and be a contrarian.

nope, that's about it.

hope i helped.

:rofl-lol::thumbsup:

That's what I have suspected. But I wanted to ask and get an actual explanation from those particular individuals. Guess that's not what someone will openly admit to. At least not very easily.

Ali

It's not about whether or not you like Chinese Democracy or Axl continuing on with GN'R name.

You are right on this one. This thread is about axl kicking out fans that wear slash shirts. And its our fair right to disagree with this behaviour and still be good guns n roses fans. remember who created this thread. This thread is especially not a place to answer your personal questions why certain people post here. thats totally off topic. If you are so interested in the motivation why peope post here start your own topic in the fitting subforum. Other then that I reckon your post as try to stir up hatred towards slash fans.

Way to take my quote out of context :thumbsup: You did so quite moronically, so two :thumbsup::rofl-lol: If you had followed the conversation as it unfolded organically, you would see that this line of discussion arose out of a statement someone else made that I challenged. I'm a Slash fan myself. I have everything he's ever put out. I even have his McFarlane Toys figure on my bookcase at home. I'd hardly be trying to stir up hate towards myself :confused:

Ali

doesn't change the fact that its off topic. But its funny that being a slash fan seems to be such an alien thing to be that havin all his records is the ultimate proof of being a fan for you. :rofl-lol:

Yeah sure, but the thread is bullshit, it's not true... Axl didn't kick anyone out of that show, there's two videos from guys who worked the show, who've never even heard of this! Even Fernando said it wasn't true, you'd think he's know, right? The fact that this 'rumor' is being kept alive by a bunch moaning pricks is very relevant, certain people around here just want to believe this is true, so they can push their own hate fueled anti Axl trolling agendas. I don't think it's 'off topic' for people to be discussing whether or not these people should be allowed to post here.

Who created this thread has no relevance at all, 'Madison' isn't infallible. In fact, the 'confirmed' subtitle should be dropped from this thread, because it's anything but, and quite likely the opposite.

Edited by axl8302

Ali

doesn't change the fact that its off topic. But its funny that being a slash fan seems to be such an alien thing to be that havin all his records is the ultimate proof of being a fan for you. :rofl-lol:

No, not the ultimate proof at all. It's about the mindset. I'm an enthusiast of his work. I enjoy his music, from VR to what I've heard of his solo work, in particular the song "By The Sword". I don't bash his current work, current band and then claim I'm a fan, as in the present tense. I support and greatly look forward to his solo album. That's what makes me a fan of Slash.

But, yes, it is off-topic. Greatly now. So, I'll drop this.

Ali

Edited by Ali

I don't see what the big deal is.

It's not secret Slash isn't in GNR anymore, and it's no secret Axl and Slash are enemies at this point. Why would you go to a GNR show dressed as Slash? Just to be different? To annoy Axl? Why would you pay money to go see a show and then do something to antagonize the person you came to see?

I don't see what the big deal is.

It's not secret Slash isn't in GNR anymore, and it's no secret Axl and Slash are enemies at this point. Why would you go to a GNR show dressed as Slash? Just to be different? To annoy Axl? Why would you pay money to go see a show and then do something to antagonize the person you came to see?

I was at the show in Hammersmith in 2006 and all the way through the show, these two guys, a little behind me, screamed abuse at the band - through the whole show! So, some people will pay just to fuck with someone. Don't get it myself.

Isn't there a show tonight? The same points over and over again in here its like beating a deadhorse lets move on really we all know about it now, this thread does not offer solutions nor even confirmation that Axl said this so lets fucking rock and leave this stupid shit where it belongs..

24buru0.jpg

lets leave it alone we all have an opinion on it yet no one knows the truth...

Edited by gunsguy

Isn't there a show tonight? The same points over and over again in here its like beating a deadhorse lets move on really we all know about it now, this thread does not offer solutions nor even confirmation that Axl said this so lets fucking rock and leave this stupid shit where it belongs..

ThreadClosed400.jpg

You're right, fuck this shit... lets rock!

ThreadClosed400.jpg

Now that the draconian acts of Axl and his camp have been exposed, hopefully more and more fans will make the right decision and boycott these shows. If you do still plan to attend, at least go to your local mall and have this picture imaged on a shirt and wear it to the show.

bbgnrxd2.jpg

But if that's the case, then I think Fernando and others need to find out who is giving instructions on Axl's behalf.

Unless Fernando is the guilty party. I wholeheartedly believe that this dipshit and his mother feed Axl a lot of nonsense to justify their useless "positions" in the GNR camp.

Sucking at the power teet as some might say.

Dont fucking talk about people like that, he is a member here, and a rock solid great guy anyone who thinks otherwise is jealous of his position in the camp, he is Axls family like it or not,

i wonder how axl's life would have gone had he never met beta ... he credits her with saving his life, ..but who knows ?

I just don't get it. If someone doesn't like the new band, new music, new members, then fine. But, why spend time discussing something you don't like? How is that fun? I don't have any interest in seeing Adler's Appetite, yet I don't continually bash Steven for forming the band and playing the old songs. I'm just trying to understand the rationale here, that's all.

Ali

That simply isn't what's happening, you're confusing BBA with genuine fans of the band who just aren't as comphy cosy with the whole idea of Axl continuing without the former members as you are. Most of them are over it, they gave Chinese Democracy a chance, some loved it some thought it was alright and some hated it, but you can't blame all of them for having opinions about all that has happened over the years. It isn't like they don't still enjoy Axl and what he does best, they just give enough of a shit to see where he's taking this, to see if all that has been waited for is worth it, you should be glad they give a shit. To follow this band without getting frustrated or disagreeing with a lot of the decisions they make means you have to fit a very specific mold, and you can't expect all GNR fans to just do that. Most who actually are just dandy with everything that happens in this band come off as obsessive socially awkward loons

It's not about whether or not you like Chinese Democracy or Axl continuing on with GN'R name. That's everyone's prerogative. But, there are far more people that have and still post here that don't like the new band, new music, new members, etc. than just BBA, BTW. It's not about a disagreement here or there. It's about having a general disinterest or dislike for the current incarnation of GN'R and being here. For those people, I'm just wondering why they are here and what they get out of being here. I'm here because I actually like the new band and new music quite a bit. I, personally, don't post on forums that are dedicated to bands I don't like. I get nothing out of it. I'm just trying to understand the motivation and honestly, whether or not it's something more than getting your rocks off trying to piss people off and be a contrarian. That's all. I'm not trying to tell people what to do. That's why I phrased my original statement in the form of a question.

Ali

Anybody that does that usually gets banned, the mods keep an eye on that stuff so we don't have to and I'd say they do a pretty good job.

You're treating Guns N' Roses like any other rock band that formed, got huge, and went on to make albums. GNR isn't really like that and it diversifies the fanbase quite a bit, and if you're going to make a Guns N' Roses fan forum that supports this band as Guns N' Roses you have to welcome all the fans of Guns N' Roses, and not all the fans need to think Axl's band is the shit. Most fans of this band aren't HUGE fans because what really draws them to this board is the fact that they really loved the old band and they wanted a good environment to keep up with Axl since his work progress isn't exactly the most publicized thing in the world. This place is great for that, and one of the things that makes it so great is the freedom of speech we have compared to other forums.

If you really think there's that many people here running amok to bash the old band I challenge you to take it up with the mods, make them see fit thats these posters be taken out forever. I know you know people make new accounts and shit but if you really believe what you say I'm sure you can think of posters who haven't been banned yet, maybe the ones the mods have missed. You seem to have good standards for who is and isn't a cupcake, if you really believe the shit you're saying this should be no problem at all for you, right?

I don't understand this "cupcake" shit. To me a cupcake is someone who signs up here with their only purpose being to say fuck Guns N Roses, all versions,etc. Pretty much everyone on here is a fan of GNR either old,new,or both.

but sadly people will call you that, if you don't love every single thing Axl Rose says or does... :rolleyes:

I just don't get it. If someone doesn't like the new band, new music, new members, then fine. But, why spend time discussing something you don't like? How is that fun? I don't have any interest in seeing Adler's Appetite, yet I don't continually bash Steven for forming the band and playing the old songs. I'm just trying to understand the rationale here, that's all.

Ali

That simply isn't what's happening, you're confusing BBA with genuine fans of the band who just aren't as comphy cosy with the whole idea of Axl continuing without the former members as you are. Most of them are over it, they gave Chinese Democracy a chance, some loved it some thought it was alright and some hated it, but you can't blame all of them for having opinions about all that has happened over the years. It isn't like they don't still enjoy Axl and what he does best, they just give enough of a shit to see where he's taking this, to see if all that has been waited for is worth it, you should be glad they give a shit. To follow this band without getting frustrated or disagreeing with a lot of the decisions they make means you have to fit a very specific mold, and you can't expect all GNR fans to just do that. Most who actually are just dandy with everything that happens in this band come off as obsessive socially awkward loons

It's not about whether or not you like Chinese Democracy or Axl continuing on with GN'R name. That's everyone's prerogative. But, there are far more people that have and still post here that don't like the new band, new music, new members, etc. than just BBA, BTW. It's not about a disagreement here or there. It's about having a general disinterest or dislike for the current incarnation of GN'R and being here. For those people, I'm just wondering why they are here and what they get out of being here. I'm here because I actually like the new band and new music quite a bit. I, personally, don't post on forums that are dedicated to bands I don't like. I get nothing out of it. I'm just trying to understand the motivation and honestly, whether or not it's something more than getting your rocks off trying to piss people off and be a contrarian. That's all. I'm not trying to tell people what to do. That's why I phrased my original statement in the form of a question.

Ali

Anybody that does that usually gets banned, the mods keep an eye on that stuff so we don't have to and I'd say they do a pretty good job.

You're treating Guns N' Roses like any other rock band that formed, got huge, and went on to make albums. GNR isn't really like that and it diversifies the fanbase quite a bit, and if you're going to make a Guns N' Roses fan forum that supports this band as Guns N' Roses you have to welcome all the fans of Guns N' Roses, and not all the fans need to think Axl's band is the shit. Most fans of this band aren't HUGE fans because what really draws them to this board is the fact that they really loved the old band and they wanted a good environment to keep up with Axl since his work progress isn't exactly the most publicized thing in the world. This place is great for that, and one of the things that makes it so great is the freedom of speech we have compared to other forums.

If you really think there's that many people here running amok to bash the old band I challenge you to take it up with the mods, make them see fit thats these posters be taken out forever. I know you know people make new accounts and shit but if you really believe what you say I'm sure you can think of posters who haven't been banned yet, maybe the ones the mods have missed. You seem to have good standards for who is and isn't a cupcake, if you really believe the shit you're saying this should be no problem at all for you, right?

I appreciate and respect the freedom of speech aspect of the forum, in all honesty. And I think that you shouldn't have to be a fan of the new band to be at a Guns N' Roses forum. You just don't have to shit on the new band if you don't like them and only like the old band. You can choose as an individual to not do that, or you can police that from a moderation perspective.

Again, if I was trying to tell people what to do or not do, where to post or not post, or who should or shouldn't post here, I wouldn't have approached the topic with a question. Like I said, I'm just trying to understand the rationale.

The only thing I will say is that when it is obvious someone who has already been banned has made a new account, then why not just ban them right away as opposed to waiting until when they resume the behavior that got them banned in the first place.

Anyway, this has gone on long enough. On to Calgary!

Ali

And to say 'Hi' to Slash with an Axl t-shirt isn’t right either..

I think you're going too far here. It's alright as he was a part of GN'R and there are no other GN'R frontmen, but Axl. And if a GN'R fan wants to come up to Slash or other people who have ever been involved in it to say how much he/she appreciates their contribution, the said fan has every right to wear any T-shirt with any memebers of this band, former or present.

It's not like going to a VR show with a Bring-Back-Axl sign.

Make love, not war. ;)

ThreadClosed400.jpg

Now that the draconian acts of Axl and his camp have been exposed, hopefully more and more fans will make the right decision and boycott these shows. If you do still plan to attend, at least go to your local mall and have this picture imaged on a shirt and wear it to the show.

bbgnrxd2.jpg

thats the exact type of crap we expect from a cupcake. we know you are really pleased with this rumor, which you'd like to believe. that's what is really sad. sadder than banning shirts and or costumes of a person who hate from your own show IMO.

Guest Edward Rose

^^

Yeah, I'll eat a little crow. I didn't believe this, when it was first posted/talked about.

Funny, people always talk about Slash being obessed with a reunion, or getting back with Axl, yet in reality, hearing about this and Axl's interviews/twitter, it sees to me that Axl's obssessed/paranoid with Slash.

No. The reality is, these aren't Guns N' roses fans. They are trouble makers. They aren't wanted at the shows. These are the same f**king cupcakes who make this and other boards a living hell.

Axl knows what's up in those first 10 rows. He knows who is starting trouble. If you go through several months of tours and it's obvious that the people starting trouble or throwing things at Axl are wearing Slash shirts, what would YOU do?

Edward Rose

Guest Edward Rose

No. The reality is, these aren't Guns N' roses fans. They are trouble makers. They aren't wanted at the shows. These are the same f**king cupcakes who make this and other boards a living hell.

Axl knows what's up in those first 10 rows. He knows who is starting trouble. If you go through several months of tours and it's obvious that the people starting trouble or throwing things at Axl are wearing Slash shirts, what would YOU do?

Edward Rose

:rofl-lol:

It's kinda hard to understand whta you are saying Bro,with Axl's nuts in your mouth.

How the hell would you know that people who are throwing things are wearing Slash shirts?

:fuckyou:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x52vrq_welcome-to-the-bumble-gunsnroses_music :fuckyou:

^^

Yeah, I'll eat a little crow. I didn't believe this, when it was first posted/talked about.

Funny, people always talk about Slash being obessed with a reunion, or getting back with Axl, yet in reality, hearing about this and Axl's interviews/twitter, it sees to me that Axl's obssessed/paranoid with Slash.

Edward Rose

You sound as out of touch with reality as the man himself. Scary.

Yeah sure, but the thread is bullshit, it's not true... Axl didn't kick anyone out of that show, there's two videos from guys who worked the show, who've never even heard of this! Even Fernando said it wasn't true, you'd think he's know, right? The fact that this 'rumor' is being kept alive by a bunch moaning pricks is very relevant, certain people around here just want to believe this is true, so they can push their own hate fueled anti Axl trolling agendas. I don't think it's 'off topic' for people to be discussing whether or not these people should be allowed to post here.

Who created this thread has no relevance at all, 'Madison' isn't infallible. In fact, the 'confirmed' subtitle should be dropped from this thread, because it's anything but, and quite likely the opposite.

get rid of the people that make you uncomfortable right. just like the slash shirts.

i can't believe some of you think it's ok to be censored this way. it's only a t-shirt.. it's not a machine gun. this reeks hugely of fear.

Now a bunch of them will tell you "it's just a shirt,who cares?" I guess I can't blame em because a bunch of these GNR educators (and ,no it isn't their fault) weren't around to experience the true spirit of GNR and all the things that went into them being an inspiration to so many for more than just music. There was an attitude and a lifestyle that went along with the music. There was something special about Guns that allowed them to still be around and relevant after 25 or so years and with only one original member left.

To some GNR fans, all they know of Guns is Axl and insert name here

I understand that Guns evolved musically, and that is cool,they always have. Banning Slash shirts though? That is about as anti-rock-n-roll as you can get.

I'm fully prepared to be schooled now by the GNR-educators on here.

much of rock n' roll nowadays is about as anti rock n' roll as you can get thumbsdown.gif