Locomotive

Guest Sweet Tooth

I don't agree really, but I wouldn'tmind them putting all the old material to bed. Including WTTJ, SCOM, PC, NR. Everything.

Play nothing but new stuff. Put the smack heads to bed.

Of course most people like hearing the same songs over and over again, so this wouldn't go over very well with tha majority of people, but I certainly wouldn't mind an entire set of CD and new songs...

Don't talk shit about November Rain.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash is needed and all the others from the originals too. Can never forget that when I was a teenager and had a band, all of us wanted to be and look as the corresponding GNR member. Gilby and Matt were already GNR members but we were still Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven and Izzy. How can you think of Frank, DJ, and whoever as a GNR guys. Watch an old concert and think. Are you all sane? The originals are GNR and the rest are just hired musicians. These new guys don't even dare to wear a GNR shirt.

I also like the new GNR since there is no choice (went to a concert too in 2006) but I would piss in my pants to see the originals get together and create some new catchy music.

You bring up some very new and valid points which have never been discussed here before. Thank you.

That said, I saw GNR is 1993 on the Skin N Bones tour.... The most recent show I saw in Edmonton was better than that one and the one in 2006. The new guys are way better IMO...

It's okay, I can understand people not wanting to let go of the past...

Well, you are completely wrong. I dont care if you like Chinese Democracy you shouldnt go around spewing bullshit like that. AFD and the UYI albums were classics, Chinese Democracy will be remembered just because of the long wait and the fact that its just Axl. Dont try to say the new lineup is in any way better than the original, its not even close.

Also people enjoy hearing the same songs over and over again over these new songs because the old ones were classics and will live on forever. I cant imagine how empty a stadium would be if the concertgoers knew that only new material was going to be played.

Edited by mrandyk

Slash is needed and all the others from the originals too. Can never forget that when I was a teenager and had a band, all of us wanted to be and look as the corresponding GNR member. Gilby and Matt were already GNR members but we were still Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven and Izzy. How can you think of Frank, DJ, and whoever as a GNR guys. Watch an old concert and think. Are you all sane? The originals are GNR and the rest are just hired musicians. These new guys don't even dare to wear a GNR shirt.

I also like the new GNR since there is no choice (went to a concert too in 2006) but I would piss in my pants to see the originals get together and create some new catchy music.

You bring up some very new and valid points which have never been discussed here before. Thank you.

That said, I saw GNR is 1993 on the Skin N Bones tour.... The most recent show I saw in Edmonton was better than that one and the one in 2006. The new guys are way better IMO...

It's okay, I can understand people not wanting to let go of the past...

Well, you are completely wrong. I dont care if you like Chinese Democracy you shouldnt go around spewing bullshit like that. AFD and the UYI albums were classics, Chinese Democracy will be remembered just because of the long wait and the fact that its just Axl. Dont try to say the new lineup is in any way better than the original, its not even close.

Thank you Captain Opinion for attempting to prohibit others from enjoying the band in its current state. He's perfectly free to like the current line up more if he wants, and to express that.

Locomotive needs Slash. End of.

Guns is doing fine without him

That is the funniest shit I've read in a while. Step away from the forum and into the real world for a second and you'll see how 'Guns' is doing. Slash has been much more successful with VR than Axl has with 'Axl & Co'. While you're out there, go survey 10 people and ask if any of them can name someone in GNR besides Axl. Answer most commonly given will be Slash, second most common will be 'I don't know'.

That is the funniest shit I've read in a while. Step away from the forum and into the real world for a second and you'll see how 'Guns' is doing. Slash has been much more successful with VR than Axl has with 'Axl & Co'. While you're out there, go survey 10 people and ask if any of them can name someone in GNR besides Axl. Answer most commonly given will be Slash, second most common will be 'I don't know'.

VR currently has no lead singer.

GNR is currently on a world tour.

GNR's shows are being praised by critics.

VR's shows were shot down by critics.

New GNR > VR

New GNR > VR

You call it New GNR because it is somehow uncomfortable to name it GNR. Don't You?

New GNR > VR

You call it New GNR because it is somehow uncomfortable to name it GNR. Don't You?

lol?

I called it New GNR so that GeorgeGlass wouldn't cry about me insinuating that his precious Slash was in the same band that Bumblefoot is now in.

New GNR > VR

lol?

I called it New GNR so that GeorgeGlass wouldn't cry about me insinuating that his precious Slash was in the same band that Bumblefoot is now in.

Yeah what a tour, 6,000 people at a handful of shows each month. Everyone in the band now is in a terrible situation because they've been hired to do a job they can never, ever do (replace the originals).

New GNR > VR

lol?

Yeah what a tour, 6,000 people at a handful of shows each month. Everyone in the band now is in a terrible situation because they've been hired to do a job they can never, ever do (replace the originals).

I'm pretty sure they don't see it that way. None of them are exactly strapped for cash, they could all be in-demand session musicians, I think at this stage they're doing it out of the love for the shows and the music. Also, way to understate everything that's going on to try and prove your point, at least get your attendance facts straight, George.

New GNR > VR

lol?

I'm pretty sure they don't see it that way. None of them are exactly strapped for cash, they could all be in-demand session musicians, I think at this stage they're doing it out of the love for the shows and the music. Also, way to understate everything that's going on to try and prove your point, at least get your attendance facts straight, George.

Sorry, 7500 per show. And the fact that old v new guns is being debated is a joke. New version is Axl only, nobody knows fuck all about the rest of the 10 musicians. Guns from '87-93 was lightning in a bottle and it'll never be topped by Axl - when the bar is set that high the only place to go is down, and boy did he go way, way, way down, bottoming out with the MTV VMA performance in '02. Remember, this is the Axl show - yes he sounds great and has gone retro with the bandana and I'm very happy he's back on track, but to even mention GNR with this is silly - it's in name only. CD is Axl's vision, nobody else's, those guys just play it for him live and in the studio.

Truth is the truth hurts...that line works in many different contexts. Yes I'm quoting Sorry...

New GNR > VR

lol?

Sorry, 7500 per show. And the fact that old v new guns is being debated is a joke. New version is Axl only, nobody knows fuck all about the rest of the 10 musicians. Guns from '87-93 was lightning in a bottle and it'll never be topped by Axl - when the bar is set that high the only place to go is down, and boy did he go way, way, way down, bottoming out with the MTV VMA performance in '02. Remember, this is the Axl show - yes he sounds great and has gone retro with the bandana and I'm very happy he's back on track, but to even mention GNR with this is silly - it's in name only. CD is Axl's vision, nobody else's, those guys just play it for him live and in the studio.

Truth is the truth hurts...that line works in many different contexts. Yes I'm quoting Sorry...

It doesn't really hurt. If it did I'd be with you, complaining about it :P. I'm just glad Guns N Roses exists at all, I've seen a shitload of bands and Guns were better than all of them, so if this is hell then hell ain't a bad place to be. You can't honestly fault me for being content with what we have, can you? I don't feel the need to misquote attendance figures to big up the band or anything I'm not unhappy with what there is and that's the bottom line.

hey George, how about you suck a fat fucking dick?

seriously, if you have to continually bash the new band, what the fuck are you doing here? you clearly dont like the new guys and you sure as shit arent making friends with that attitude. go fucking join a VR forum if you want to bas GUNS N' ROSES. clearly you have not bothered to check this tour out? far better than the UYI tour, 3 hrs a night and Axl is fucking amazing, just like the rest of the band. Seriously, some of these guys have been in the band just as long as Sir Cancer was. this '0MG IS N0T GUNZ N ROZEZ!1!!1!!111!!1111' shit is just fucking old. accept it, these guys deserve to be called Guns N' Roses.

seriously, if you have to continually bash the new band, what the fuck are you doing here? you clearly dont like the new guys and you sure as shit arent making friends with that attitude. go fucking join a VR forum if you want to bas GUNS N' ROSES. clearly you have not bothered to check this tour out? far better than the UYI tour, 3 hrs a night and Axl is fucking amazing, just like the rest of the band. Seriously, some of these guys have been in the band just as long as Sir Cancer was. this '0MG IS N0T GUNZ N ROZEZ!1!!1!!111!!1111' shit is just fucking old. accept it, these guys deserve to be called Guns N' Roses.

I'm adding nothing to this thread at all except to commend you on that avatar.

Locomotive was always one of my favorite Illusion songs, but I just can't see this lineup doing it. Hell, I couldn't see the old lineup doing it. It's a bad-ass song, but it seems like it would go off weird live.

The old band DID do it live. Check it out on youtube.

Locomotive was always one of my favorite Illusion songs, but I just can't see this lineup doing it. Hell, I couldn't see the old lineup doing it. It's a bad-ass song, but it seems like it would go off weird live.

The old band DID do it live. Check it out on youtube.

I didn't say they didn't. It still didn't seem like a song that fits well live.

Sir Cancer? Just shut the fuck up. A comment like that just screams that you are either really young or really stupid (probably both). And about these guys being in the band longer than Slash, how many shows have they done? 40? These guys do not deserve to be called Guns n Roses, especially now that they are a cover band of a cover band.

Sir Cancer? Just shut the fuck up. A comment like that just screams that you are either really young or really stupid (probably both). And about these guys being in the band longer than Slash, how many shows have they done? 40? These guys do not deserve to be called Guns n Roses, especially now that they are a cover band of a cover band.

You seem to be rather mad. Tommy Stinson has been in GNR longer than Duff. Does this make you angry? I hope so. You should write a mad letter to Axl. Maybe he'll contact Duff and you'll get your reunion.

I agree...it WAS pretty shit imo live. There are some songs that just don't work. Coma's another epic that didn't work imo.

Really?

I thought that Coma in Chicago '92 was absolutely amazing.

I agree...it WAS pretty shit imo live. There are some songs that just don't work. Coma's another epic that didn't work imo.

Really?

It was cool but come on....it didn't stand up against the album and there were a few fuck ups.

Really?

It was cool but come on....it didn't stand up against the album and there were a few fuck ups.

You cant expect a 10 minute song not to get at least a few fuck ups. Hell, they fucked up alot of songs on that tour.