Locomotive

Guest Sweet Tooth

Locomotive needs Slash. End of.

Guns is doing fine without him

That is the funniest shit I've read in a while. Step away from the forum and into the real world for a second and you'll see how 'Guns' is doing. Slash has been much more successful with VR than Axl has with 'Axl & Co'. While you're out there, go survey 10 people and ask if any of them can name someone in GNR besides Axl. Answer most commonly given will be Slash, second most common will be 'I don't know'.

Sorry, George, but I know the kind of poster you are. I'm not getting into arguments, that's not my thing.

You think GnR is not doing fine because of popularity, sales figures, concert attendances, and what other people think about the band? So sorry, but that's not measure for anything. If you think otherwise, you should be a fan of lady gaga (she's got a lot of the kind of success you're looking for) and quit this forum for once. Success and popularity are not synonyms. Here I'm talking about high musical quality, high level of satisfaction of the people IN the band, and high level of satisfaction of the fans WHO ENJOY the band. That's true success.

Why would Guns need Slash? To have fame, money, media praise, top charting albums? To please YOU? Do you want them to be popular to put your chin up high saying "GnR rocks, I'm a fan of them"? Axl doesn't want any of that and he doesn't care about fans like you who want him to go back to a place in his life where he suffered so much. He just wants to be himself through his art. He doesn't want to go back, he's not willing to sacrifice one minute of his current happiness for your conception of what "doing fine" is.

And what most guys who defend Slash so badly don't get is that most of us "new" GNR fans have nothing against "old" Guns and we respect Slash for what he has accomplished in the past. I myself am a fan of many songs that were mostly written by him. Yes, the original line-up had a special, unique explosive chemistry, but that can't be repeated. Therefore, I don't want Slash in this band, he has nothing to add, not anymore. I don't ever wanna see Axl hostage of a band, trapped in their bad relationships and having to push others into creativity, trying hard to make a worn-out chemistry formula to work and wearing himself out in the process - like it was before. He's happy now and he LOVES to be around the guys in the current line-up. They make great music and above all it's a band, not a war anymore. GnR has evolved, and I don't think they'll ever take steps backwards, bad news for all reunionites.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locomotive needs Slash. End of.

Guns is doing fine without him

That is the funniest shit I've read in a while. Step away from the forum and into the real world for a second and you'll see how 'Guns' is doing. Slash has been much more successful with VR than Axl has with 'Axl & Co'. While you're out there, go survey 10 people and ask if any of them can name someone in GNR besides Axl. Answer most commonly given will be Slash, second most common will be 'I don't know'.

Sorry, George, but I know the kind of poster you are. I'm not getting into arguments, that's not my thing.

You think GnR is not doing fine because of popularity, sales figures, concert attendances, and what other people think about the band? So sorry, but that's not measure for anything. If you think otherwise, you should be a fan of lady gaga (she's got a lot of the kind of success you're looking for) and quit this forum for once. Success and popularity are not synonyms. Here I'm talking about high musical quality, high level of satisfaction of the people IN the band, and high level of satisfaction of the fans WHO ENJOY the band. That's true success.

Why would Guns need Slash? To have fame, money, media praise, top charting albums? To please YOU? Do you want them to be popular to put your chin up high saying "GnR rocks, I'm a fan of them"? Axl doesn't want any of that and he doesn't care about fans like you who want him to go back to a place in his life where he suffered so much. He just wants to be himself through his art. He doesn't want to go back, he's not willing to sacrifice one minute of his current happiness for your conception of what "doing fine" is.

And what most guys who defend Slash so badly don't get is that most of us "new" GNR fans have nothing against "old" Guns and we respect Slash for what he has accomplished in the past. I myself am a fan of many songs that were mostly written by him. Yes, the original line-up had a special, unique explosive chemistry, but that can't be repeated. Therefore, I don't want Slash in this band, he has nothing to add, not anymore. I don't ever wanna see Axl hostage of a band, trapped in their bad relationships and having to push others into creativity, trying hard to make a worn-out chemistry formula to work and wearing himself out in the process - like it was before. He's happy now and he LOVES to be around the guys in the current line-up. They make great music and above all it's a band, not a war anymore. GnR has evolved, and I don't think they'll ever take steps backwards, bad news for all reunionites.

+1

One of the best comments I've ever read.

Locomotive was always one of my favorite Illusion songs, but I just can't see this lineup doing it. Hell, I couldn't see the old lineup doing it. It's a bad-ass song, but it seems like it would go off weird live.

The old band DID do it live. Check it out on youtube.

I didn't say they didn't. It still didn't seem like a song that fits well live.

Yeah, I think the few times I listened to it live Axl messed it up pretty badly.

hey George, how about you suck a fat fucking dick?

seriously, if you have to continually bash the new band, what the fuck are you doing here? you clearly dont like the new guys and you sure as shit arent making friends with that attitude. go fucking join a VR forum if you want to bas GUNS N' ROSES. clearly you have not bothered to check this tour out? far better than the UYI tour, 3 hrs a night and Axl is fucking amazing, just like the rest of the band. Seriously, some of these guys have been in the band just as long as Sir Cancer was. this '0MG IS N0T GUNZ N ROZEZ!1!!1!!111!!1111' shit is just fucking old. accept it, these guys deserve to be called Guns N' Roses.

Sir Cancer? Just shut the fuck up. A comment like that just screams that you are either really young or really stupid (probably both). And about these guys being in the band longer than Slash, how many shows have they done? 40? These guys do not deserve to be called Guns n Roses, especially now that they are a cover band of a cover band.

You seem to be rather mad. Tommy Stinson has been in GNR longer than Duff. Does this make you angry? I hope so. You should write a mad letter to Axl. Maybe he'll contact Duff and you'll get your reunion.

Im not upset about what this band is now, Im upset that dumbasses like you praise these new guys as being better than the originals. You are the same person who for some inconceivable reason thinks that Ferrer can do the AFD material better than Adler, just stop it. And if you dont want a reunion you shouldnt even be here. I know it will never happen, but to say you never want it is just wrong. Form your own fucking opinion and quit talking shit about the original members just because Axl has burnt all bridges with them. You really young people are so impressionable.

Im not upset about what this band is now, Im upset that dumbasses like you praise these new guys as being better than the originals. You are the same person who for some inconceivable reason thinks that Ferrer can do the AFD material better than Adler, just stop it. And if you dont want a reunion you shouldnt even be here. I know it will never happen, but to say you never want it is just wrong. Form your own fucking opinion and quit talking shit about the original members just because Axl has burnt all bridges with them. You really young people are so impressionable.

So the impression I get from your post is that I make you mad. I make you furious. My Ferrer-fanhood makes your veins pop.

In all seriousness though, I don't want a reunion. The old band is done. If they got back together, it could only end in disappointment. Let the "legacy" live on and let Axl do his thing.

In all seriousness though, I don't want a reunion. The old band is done. If they got back together, it could only end in disappointment. Let the "legacy" live on and let Axl do his thing.

I think even the most die hard "reunion" and "Slash" fan would agree with you if only Axl were playing under a new name. I have no idea why Axl would want to put all this shit on himself by keeping the name. Clearly, all of this could have been avoided had he went under a new name. All of the stress and aggravation he and his fans have had to go through was completely avoidable. He could have released CD and had it stand musically on it's own merit, not judged against the legend that IS Guns N Roses and everyone would have won. But instead, he kept the name and thus, pushed himself right into controversy and horse shit. It also forced people like you, his fans, the burden of having to constantly defend it 24/7.

Edited by Nintari

I think even the most die hard "reunion" and "Slash" fan would agree with you if only Axl were playing under a new name. I have no idea why Axl would want to put all this shit on himself by keeping the name. Clearly, all of this could have been avoided had he went under a new name. All of the stress and aggravation he and his fans have had to go through was completely avoidable. He could have released CD and had it stand musically on it's own merit, not judged against the legend that IS Guns N Roses and everyone would have won. But instead, he kept the name and thus, pushed himself right into controversy and horse shit. It also forced people like you, his fans, the burden of having to constantly defend it 24/7.

When could he have changed the name?

1995 - Axl, Slash, Duff and Matt still call themselves GNR

1996 - Axl, Duff and Matt still call themselves GNR

1998 - Axl and Duff still call themselves GNR

1999 - Axl still calls himself GNR

Throughout this period, they were working on a project. Each member left at a different time and the rest of the band agreed to keep the name and continue working on the project.

Edited by jjCardi_gnr

When could he have changed the name?

1995 - Axl, Slash, Duff and Matt still call themselves GNR

1996 - Axl, Duff and Matt still call themselves GNR

1998 - Axl and Duff still call themselves GNR

1999 - Axl still calls himself GNR

Throughout this period, they were working on a project. Each member left at a different time and the rest of the band agreed to keep the name and continue working on the project.

Well, you already lost Izzy who was the main song writer in Guns N Roses. Once Slash walks, that should have been it imo. At that point, there's no way you're going to release anything that sounds like Guns N Roses, Duff or not. Everyone should have disbanded right then and there. Axl,Duff,Slash and Izzy all go their own ways, making their own music, fulfilling their own unique creative dreams. This way, everyone is happy. Slash doesn't spend an entire generation lying and trying to destroy Axl. Izzy gets to make his little indie hard rock gems. Duff gets to do his punk rock thing and Axl gets to create and release his masterpiece free of the unfair ridicule and harassment that he's had to endure ever since he kept the name.

The artists win, the fans win, everyone is happy and everything is right with the world lol.

Edited by Nintari

Well, you already lost Izzy who was the main song writer in Guns N Roses. Once Slash walks, that should have been it imo. At that point, there's no way you're going to release anything that sounds like Guns N Roses, Duff or not. Everyone should have disbanded right then and there. Axl,Duff,Slash and Izzy all go their own ways, making their own music, fulfilling their own unique creative dreams. This way, everyone is happy. Slash doesn't spend an entire generation lying and trying to destroy Axl. Izzy gets to make his little indie hard rock gems. Duff gets to do his punk rock thing and Axl gets to create and release his masterpiece free of the unfair ridicule and harassment that he's had to endure ever since he kept the name.

The artists win, the fans win, everyone is happy and everything is right with the world lol.

Personally, I think that if they were going to drop the name, they should've disbanded after the UYI tour, but that wasn't going to happen. "The Spaghetti Incident?" sounds nothing like Guns N' Roses. Slash's presence adds nothing.

Personally, I think that if they were going to drop the name, they should've disbanded after the UYI tour, but that wasn't going to happen. "The Spaghetti Incident?" sounds nothing like Guns N' Roses. Slash's presence adds nothing.

1) It was a cover album.

2) It still had the old school AFD snarl to it

In all seriousness though, I don't want a reunion. The old band is done. If they got back together, it could only end in disappointment.

How it ends, wouldn't so much matter if it did happen at all.

It's an old coat that if they tried on again, it may still fit.

It may, but Axl has a new fur coat that he's comfortable wearing.

How's that for an analogy.

Slash adds Slash's sound. You know, the sound of coma,WTTJ,November rains solos,Estranged solos (for which Axl thanked him for),SCOMs intro and solo.....etc. It's interesting to see someone like you try an erase facts for your own pleasure. If you read my paragraph, you'll see I didn't put anyone above anyone. That band was a soup. It's flavor a mixture of 5 ingredients. Each time you remove one, it tastes less and less like it use to. Slash had a MASSIVE presence whether you want to agree or not.

Slash adds Slash's sound. You know, the sound of coma,WTTJ,November rains solos,Estranged solos (for which Axl thanked him for),SCOMs intro and solo.....etc. It's interesting to see someone like you try an erase facts for your own pleasure. If you read my paragraph, you'll see I didn't put anyone above anyone. That band was a soup. It's flavor a mixture of 5 ingredients. Each time you remove one, it tastes less and less like it use to. Slash had a MASSIVE presence whether you want to agree or not.

Yes. He had a massive presence on AFD and UYI. His presence on TSI added nothing. The band was already fucked at this point. Izzy was the heart and soul of old GNR.

Yes. He had a massive presence on AFD and UYI. His presence on TSI added nothing. The band was already fucked at this point. Izzy was the heart and soul of old GNR.

Well, first off, TSI is a bunch of cover songs. And secondly, every time I hear the opening solo in Aint It Fun, I hear Slash. A guitar player has his/her own sound. Robin has his, Bucket has his.

Guest Sweet Tooth

Locomotive is wayyy to much of a Slash song...

He had creative input, but if it were his song... you would've seen it on Slash's Snakepit.

Locomotive is wayyy to much of a Slash song...

He had creative input, but if it were his song... you would've seen it on Slash's Snakepit.

Did they do any GNR songs in Snakepit? You dont see him playing this song anymore because no one would care, its not a crowd pleaser.

• 1 year later...

will Locomotive ever be performed live ever again?

I've always found the intro really underrated - It really manages to conjure up imagery of a sunrise, smoke ridden trainyard of sorts :thumbsup:

will Locomotive ever be performed live ever again?

I've always found the intro really underrated - It really manages to conjure up imagery of a sunrise, smoke ridden trainyard of sorts :thumbsup:

Truly one of the best songs on any UYI, AMAZING riffs, solos, great chorus, and that section at the end is mind-blowing... LOVE the song! however, as it's one of Slash's biggest contributions to UYI, I highly doubt Axl would play it. Would be great to see Slash play it with Myles tho.