Locomotive

Guest Sweet Tooth

Guest Sweet Tooth

Personally, I think playing this song would be great for everyone! There are many solos that can showcase each of the guitarists own talent, crazy drums and an awesome bass line - giving the members a handful to deal with! Not only that, it would be a treat for the above average GnR fan... giving us the first, different UYI material in a while. Although I can see other songs being more likely to be played first, such as civil war and such... but I think this song would work out well with the band.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely! such an amazing song, one of my favorites. and you're right, listening to locomotive live with this line up would be something. Plus, I can totally picture Axl singing those lyrics these days, kinda like revindication " I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away!" :thumbsup: go axl, such terrific lyrics. damn, now i so want to listen to it live!

Edited by Tali

Locomotive needs Slash. End of.

Enough with the religious and mystical speech here. Anyone who thinks that Slash is still necessary for any song needs a reality check. Slash is long gone and Guns is doing fine without him, as he is doing fine without Guns. GnR as it is now can and will play whatever they feel like - much better than the original line-up used to play. Get your ass to one of the current tour's concerts and you'll realize it on your own... And to not play it because it's a Slash song would be chickening, and one thing these guys don't do is that. Probably this won't be played because of its length - since there are already enough long songs in the set and more CD songs to be favored.

IMO "Don't damn me" is one of the most underrated GNR songs and also would be a great showcase for the players - plus it's not a long song.

Hardly anyone would give shit if they played it, don't see it happening unfortunately.

How the hell would you know if anyone would care or not?

It's common sense. The crowd would rather hear hits than UYI album tracks.

EDIT: And before someone says "THEN REPLACE THE CD SONGS WITH UYI SONGS LOL", this is the Chinese Democracy tour. Not the UYI tour. CD songs get priority. It's that simple.

Edited by jjCardi_gnr

I'd like to hear the old Illusion tracks live again too, but there's a time and a place for everything, and this isn't it. As much as i hate to admit it!, I agree with jj here, and this is essentially the Chi Dem tour, and thats how it should be. If you want to hear the old tracks again, watch the old shows, simple.

I want Coma.

HELL YES!!!!!!

Sounds great, but you'll never see it. I also think if you did you'd be disappointed, and for the same reason. Axl's calling it "Slash's Baby" in the early 90s holds just as true today. Since it's really a Slash composition Axl wants nothing to do with it now, and the guitarist really needs to be Slash for it to sound as you'd expect.

Even if you dislike Slash personally you gotta give him huge praise on "Coma", amongst other legendary riffs and solo's.

Back to ''Locomotive'', hell yeah, that they could do great things with it live!

Edited by axlskAmpf

Slash is needed and all the others from the originals too. Can never forget that when I was a teenager and had a band, all of us wanted to be and look as the corresponding GNR member. Gilby and Matt were already GNR members but we were still Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven and Izzy. How can you think of Frank, DJ, and whoever as a GNR guys. Watch an old concert and think. Are you all sane? The originals are GNR and the rest are just hired musicians. These new guys don't even dare to wear a GNR shirt.

I also like the new GNR since there is no choice (went to a concert too in 2006) but I would piss in my pants to see the originals get together and create some new catchy music.

drop Out ta Get Me for Estranged, it's not a bad song but not one that sticks out in my mind as a classic Guns tune.

What would be aweomse is if Axl just did a piano redition of Estranged, really strip it down to bare bones, could also bring Dizzy in and make it a piano duet like when Axl did November Rain with Elton John.