TMZ: Slash gear banned from GNR concert

kropotkin

lol slashs songs.

well i guess you ban tshirts at the door your just askin for it.

Well they are Slash's songs to say it pithily/twitterly. He composed the riffs, solos, and melodies for their hit songs. Denial isn't going to change that. It really is a shame people try to erase him for silly reasons by way of policing t-shirts.

WTF? Slash didn't write anything....all he did was play some solos. It was all Axl and Izzy!

And those solos lifted the songs to another level, from being good to being great. And he wrote songs to, you dumb fuck. Maybe he didn't structure them together, but his parts were important and noticeable.

To be honest I don't understand why Slash wasn't credited on "Estranged", sure Axl thanked him but that song wouldn't be close to what it is today without Slash's contribution. He derserves just as much credit as Axl on that song.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And those solos lifted the songs to another level, from being good to being great. And he wrote songs to, you dumb fuck. Maybe he didn't structure them together, but his parts were important and noticeable.

To be honest I don't understand why Slash wasn't credited on "Estranged", sure Axl thanked him but that song wouldn't be close to what it is today without Slash's contribution. He derserves just as much credit as Axl on that song.

I think they structured it around who actualy wrote the song which in the case of Estranged was Axl. Slash added his part to it but since he didn't actualy write the song or contribute to the writing of it he doesn't get credit on the album.

lol slashs songs.

Well they are Slash's songs to say it pithily/twitterly. He composed the riffs, solos, and melodies for their hit songs. Denial isn't going to change that. It really is a shame people try to erase him for silly reasons by way of policing t-shirts.

WTF? Slash didn't write anything....all he did was play some solos. It was all Axl and Izzy!

I agree.

Without those riffs, I don't think it would be my favorite GNR song.

stamp='1264431431' post='2580600']

lol slashs songs.

I agree.

Without those riffs, I don't think it would be my favorite GNR song.

Slash doesn't have writing credits on the liner notes/album sleeves but he does in real life: http://www.ascap.com/

ESTRANGED (Title Code: 350180431)

Writers:

HUDSON SAUL

MC KAGAN DUFF ROSE

ROSE W AXL

STRADLIN IZZY

Turns out, the only 2 songs Axl wrote by himself were: My World and This I Love.

Turns out, the only 2 songs Axl wrote by himself were: My World and This I Love.

Oh my.. :rofl-lol:

That's funny because? Axl wrote the majority of songs, and majority of the albums post Lies. This I Love is an astonishing song, My World is......different.

Slash doesn't have writing credits on the liner notes/album sleeves but he does in real life

That's interesting to me that the guys would be cool with having Axl get all the credit in the liner if they played a part in it also. Always thought it was a little weird, but what isn't with this band.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

You Axlites don't need to be offended of the well-known fact that they were a band that wrote the songs together and not only one on each song. To say that Slash didn't write any song is beyond stupid.

You Axlites don't need to be offended of the well-known fact that they were a band that wrote the songs together and not only one on each song. To say that Slash didn't write any song is beyond stupid.

Well personally, I don't think that Slash wrote any of the songs, but I will still give him tons of credit for his contributions in this band, but I think Axl always was the one that laid the melody for most of the songs, and that is the most important part of the song-writing process.

JMO.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Well personally, I don't think that Slash wrote any of the songs, but I will still give him tons of credit for his contributions in this band, but I think Axl always was the one that laid the melody for most of the songs, and that is the most important part of the song-writing process.

JMO.

im very impressed with this sunny.

So was Slash gear checked in Hamilton?

Security didn't mention it, at least not that I heard. Didn't see anybody with Slash shirts, unless you count his skull on the Appetite shirts.

Well, it sounds like you would have heard it considering people were saying that security was broadcasting it at the Winnipeg show.

No one else has said this happened at the show, either.

Ali

I wish Slash wouldn't wear that top hat in public, makes him look like a prat and just reinforces this whole "Slash brand" thing.

On stage it's fine though.

Makes him look like a prat only to ass clowns and fruit cakes.

Each to their own. It just doesn't look right to me when he is out in public, like he is trying too hard. When on stage it's fine though because you are watching Slash do his thing and the top hat is part of that. The top hat has always been to me a sign of Slash at his most fucked and hammered, a reckless kid not giving a fuck. He's now sober and in his 40's.

Edited by plonker88

I don't think he wears it everywhere, just special events where people have cameras. What do you mean by "this whole Slash brand thing"?

True, I just kind of wish he would retire it to the stage. Slash has kind of become more than just a guy, he is a modern day figure of Rock N' Roll and people will be sucked into that. Therefore whenever he endores a product, Guitar Hero, Les Paul and whatever that car advert was it feels like he is placing his brand onto it. He feels more like a product that a person whenever I see a Slash toy figure in a shop. Fair play to the guy, he is only making a living for his family but it kind of feels like the image has overtaken the person.

Here's the car advert, it does make me cringe at times.

Edited by plonker88

saw on an icelandic news web site, they said that Axl himself banned clothes and slash related objects at a recent concert, i send them an mail and asked for their source, waiting for an answer even though i doubt ill get it, its not the first time that i spy a bullshit gnr related article here and ive tryed to do something about but never gotten an answer or nothing

So now instead of focusing the tyranny of Axl, it is no shifting to Slash being an attention whore. I don't know who is more bonkers, Axl or you guys.

The more bonkers are those who actually care and who are willing to risk their 100 bucks ticket just to make a point...

...not that it would work anyway.