Official Toronto Thread 1/28/10

Blaine_sixx

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef012877272a0a970c-pi

Looks like Axl has been stretching and stuff.. I can't kick that high anymore lol.

Wow. You have to be in pretty good shape to kick that high.

So, this pic should silence some of the people who claim he's not in shape.

He should start wearing the little shorts again, so he can feel more comfortable dong his thing... Plus is candy for the eyes... :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

According to a journalist who attended the show ...

While certainly impressive at times, I couldn’t help saying to myself repeatedly how this just wasn’t worth staying up for. Sorry Axl; I know you probably don’t care that my kids had school the next day, or that I’d have to take a cab because the buses and subway in Toronto stop running at 1:30. Not many of us get to sleep in like you do, you know?

Mercifully, we DIDN’T get a 3 hour performance, as the band has been doing with surprising frequency since embarking on this Canadian tour a few weeks ago — Making my way out as “Paradise City” sent us all home into the night just before 2 AM as confetti and streamers went off was MORE than enough for this old-time rocker, thank you very much!

I was really, really hoping that I would be convinced that Axl Rose’s “new and improved” version of GN’R deserved my support. I’ve been a fan since 1988, but I’m not someone who continuously pines for the names of yore, the ones we all know and love — Slash…Izzy…Duff…Adler… Get over it folks; a reunion with Axl ain’t never gonna happen, and not for all the money in the world, apparently.

Maybe it’s my tiredness that’s still talking, but the payoff just wasn’t there for me. That’s not to say there isn’t potential — Get your $#!% together, Axl, stop jerking us around, and start your shows at a decent time. You have a lot of fans who’d be willing to give you one more chance, myself included.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/30/guns-n-roses-defy-logic-in-toronto-128/

While certainly impressive at times, I couldn’t help saying to myself repeatedly how this just wasn’t worth staying up for. Sorry Axl; I know you probably don’t care that my kids had school the next day, or that I’d have to take a cab because the buses and subway in Toronto stop running at 1:30. Not many of us get to sleep in like you do, you know?

Mercifully, we DIDN’T get a 3 hour performance, as the band has been doing with surprising frequency since embarking on this Canadian tour a few weeks ago — Making my way out as “Paradise City” sent us all home into the night just before 2 AM as confetti and streamers went off was MORE than enough for this old-time rocker, thank you very much!

I was really, really hoping that I would be convinced that Axl Rose’s “new and improved” version of GN’R deserved my support. I’ve been a fan since 1988, but I’m not someone who continuously pines for the names of yore, the ones we all know and love — Slash…Izzy…Duff…Adler… Get over it folks; a reunion with Axl ain’t never gonna happen, and not for all the money in the world, apparently.

Maybe it’s my tiredness that’s still talking, but the payoff just wasn’t there for me. That’s not to say there isn’t potential — Get your $#!% together, Axl, stop jerking us around, and start your shows at a decent time. You have a lot of fans who’d be willing to give you one more chance, myself included.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/30/guns-n-roses-defy-logic-in-toronto-128/

This person doesn't belong at a rock n roll concert. I'm glad they got that review, just shows they've still got it. Since when was rock music parent approved in any fashion.

Nothing but whining about the late start and judging the show by that instead of the performances of the songs. Not surprised you would post this, though.

Ali

Aw, muffin! Since when in the fuck does Axl start on time? If you've been a fan since '88 learn the fucking lesson by now, it ain't that hard.

LMAO at the "kids" comment. And a big LOL at you for posting this shit, looks like you can't post anything but negative stuff on a FAN BOARD.

Let say you're a movie-critic, and you go see a preview of Avatar in a theater in your hometown. The preview starts late in the evening. You would never say stuff like: "The movie is very good, but I had to wake up early the next morning to take my kids to school and then go to work. What the fuck is up with the late start??!!" Would never happen, right??

I'm never gonna be able to relate to people who complain about the late start of the shows. It's up to you to plan your day according to what it is you're attending. In no way will it EVER be the other way around! And the majority of the fans get this. It's only a small minority of people who complain and thinks that an artist should adapt to THEIR schedule. It's like the most selfish whining EVER!!

I'm so disapointed. I could have gone to the Toronto show, but had no way of getting there. It's about 80 kilometers from me. If it was summer I would have just rode my bike there.

I'm going to São Paulo to see Gn'R. It's 500km from here. I'll take a bus, arrive there, will see the show, will go back to the bus dead, haha.

GUNS N' ROSES 2010-01-28 - SOURCE#1: MP3 [Helix] Variable Bitrate (estimated 140 kbps) [dBpowerAmp]

http://rapidshare.com/files/343566253/GNR-2010-01-28-S1-ESTEBANF.rar

GUNS N' ROSES 2010-01-28 - SOURCE#2: MP3 [Helix] Variable Bitrate (estimated 140 kbps) [dBpowerAmp]

http://rapidshare.com/files/343752968/GNR-2010-01-28-S2-ESTEBANF.rar

SEBASTIAN BACH 2010-01-28: MP3 [Helix] Variable Bitrate (estimated 140 kbps) [dBpowerAmp]

http://rapidshare.com/files/343763873/SB-ACC-01282010-ESTEBANF.rar

I'm so disapointed. I could have gone to the Toronto show, but had no way of getting there. It's about 80 kilometers from me. If it was summer I would have just rode my bike there.

I'm going to São Paulo to see Gn'R. It's 500km from here. I'll take a bus, arrive there, will see the show, will go back to the bus dead, haha.

That's gonna be a long day haha

That's gonna be a long day haha

Yeah, and it will be one of the best of my life rock1

Yeah the place where Guns will play here is only 9.5 km from my house, lucky me, but if I could afford I would go all my way down to Porto Alegre (1700km from here) to see them.

GUNS N' ROSES 2010-01-28 - SOURCE#1: MP3 [Helix] Variable Bitrate (estimated 140 kbps) [dBpowerAmp]

GUNS N' ROSES 2010-01-28 - SOURCE#2: MP3 [Helix] Variable Bitrate (estimated 140 kbps) [dBpowerAmp]

SEBASTIAN BACH 2010-01-28: MP3 [Helix] Variable Bitrate (estimated 140 kbps) [dBpowerAmp]

Thanx a lot man ... the problem is there is a lot of traffic now...

How is the quality ??

Thanx a lot man ... the problem is there is a lot of traffic now...

How is the quality ??

I´m listening right now the whole show and it´s really the best i´ve heard from the illusions tour ... really good

No sure if this review has been posted.....just found it

My link

Guns N’ Roses defy logic in Toronto (1/28)

By Gilles Leblanc on January 30th, 2010

When you go to a Guns N’ Roses concert, like I did on Thursday, January 28 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto, there are a couple of things you can count on. Seeing copious of bandanas and tasselled leather, for one. The possibility of a riot breaking out any night. And whatever the incarnation, the near-ironclad guarantee that the band will take the stage later than anticipated.

Even knowing all this going in, I wasn’t expecting what the guesstimated 15,000 or so fans at the ACC did when it became obvious that GN’R weren’t going to start until 11:30 PM at least, something I can’t say I’ve EVER heard at a concert before.

They began booing. LOUDLY.

And I’m talking vicious, Maple Leafs-winless-in-six-games catcalls. Not even quick shots the two video screens kept displaying of women flashing their bras and thongs were enough to keep the restless crowd entertained.

Once Axl Rose and his new friends emerged through the pyrotechnics accompanying opener “Chinese Democracy”, all seemed forgiven. It was fleeting, though, as fatigue had definitely set in. The familiar riff to ‘Welcome to the Jungle’ that followed kept folks awake, but it was only for one more song.

I give “Guns N’ Roses 2010” full marks for trying their darness to put on a good show despite everyone in the building going comatose all at once. They were very good, better than I thought they’d be. I KNOW I would have enjoyed them a heck of a lot more had they gone on an hour earlier!

What guitarists Richard Fortus, DJ Ashba, and Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal may be lacking in live recklessness compared to the original lineup is more than made up for in musical professionalism. (Late start time aside!)

Not only did they breathe new life into “classics” such as “You Could Be Mine” and even “Sweet Child o’ Mine”, each was given an opportunity to shine in the spotlight while Axl changed outfits more times than Beyoncé or Céline Dion combined!

Ashba, in particular, was on fire during his solo. (Seriously, there seemed to be some kind of smoke emitting off of him as he rocked out!)

I didn’t even mind listening to most of the songs from Chinese Democracy, although nine out of a setlist of 25 songs was a little too much for my liking. A nice touch was when Axl dedicated “Catcher in the Rye” to the author he named the track after, J.D. Salinger, who had passed away earlier in the day at age 91.

Not to be outdone, Axl provided a seriously highlight of the night (Or would that be morning?) by covering Elton John’s “Someone Saved My Life Tonight” on piano before segueing into “November Rain”, complete with oversized sparklers!

Setlist:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It’s So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Better

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)

Live and Let Die

If the World

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

Street of Dreams

Rocket Queen

Catcher in the Rye

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

Sweet Child o’ Mine

Axl Rose Piano Solo (Someone Saved My Life Tonight by Elton John)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (The Pink Panther Theme)

You Could Be Mine

Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door

Nightrain

Encore:

Shackler’s Revenge

Madagascar

This I Love

Paradise City

You sir are a PUSSY!

Guest RonMexico82

You sir are a PUSSY!

Agreed, ever since the start of the Canadian leg there has been nothing but whinging bitching little shits popping up everywhere.