Official Toronto Thread 1/28/10

Blaine_sixx

As much as I love Axl, starting shows past 11PM is unacceptable, I like a little wait (I'm fine with an hour), but 2-3 hours is crazy.

It's not so bad if it's a city like New York.

But when it's Toronto, where they have a 1:30 curfew, then it becomes an issue.

Toronto doesn't have a curfew. We have clubs open til 6am. The only issue with time is people having to leave due to 2am shutdown of TTC subway and buses. It sucks. Next time, those fans will make alternative arrangements!!! Those aren't diehards.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love Axl, starting shows past 11PM is unacceptable, I like a little wait (I'm fine with an hour), but 2-3 hours is crazy.

It's not so bad if it's a city like New York.

But when it's Toronto, where they have a 1:30 curfew, then it becomes an issue.

Toronto doesn't have a curfew. We have clubs open til 6am. The only issue with time is people having to leave due to 2am shutdown of TTC subway and buses. It sucks. Next time, those fans will make alternative arrangements!!! Those aren't diehards.

The '06 show ended at 2am as well, if memory serves.

Played Catcher and dedicated it to J.D. Salinger.

Whoa, seriously? If so, that is really great.

It be so.

Axl came out on a wheelchair? I need to see pictures/footage of this!

Oh and I hope their delay doesn't become a habbit.

I'm thinking it was a mistake to book two big shows like this back to back, plus some type of appearance at a club.

so the club musique musique rumour is true?

I don't know. I can't figure it out from what's been posted here.

The Club Muzique was official. Here's the ad... We told you before it was official in the other thread. Remember I said "admit gave me permission to mention it..."

Here ya go... http://www.montrealguestlist.com/images/news/2010-01-23/muziquegunsroses.jpg

Axl came out on a wheelchair? I need to see pictures/footage of this!

Oh and I hope their delay doesn't become a habbit.

I'm thinking it was a mistake to book two big shows like this back to back, plus some type of appearance at a club.

so the club musique musique rumour is true?

I don't know. I can't figure it out from what's been posted here.

The Club Muzique was official. Here's the ad... We told you before it was official in the other thread. Remember I said "admit gave me permission to mention it..."

Here ya go... http://www.montrealguestlist.com/images/news/2010-01-23/muziquegunsroses.jpg

No, I think he's talking about something that happened after the show.

Ummmm just got home from Toronto,well to say the least it was a very intersting night almost thought it was'nt gonna happen for awhile there phewww.It was tense there for awhile,I met Jarmo,and Mike and a couple other members from here and jarmo's site.Me and mike headed to the ACC together,never did meet Crowebar but we did talk but he called me in the middle of Baz and i could not hear them my phone dies.Anyhow i see there are enough posts that i don't need.It was pretty damm late night i can say that glad i got a room.I had a great seat i was right in front to the left side catwalk Axl stood in front of me alot and looked at me and wiked a couple time,made my night,i never took any pic's as i seen a few people get tossed for taking pic's and video,there was alot of fucked up people there lol.passing out falling down etc,overall i had a great time I was wore out by 1am to fucking old for these all nighters anymore.All I can say is i am so happy Axl showed up,

hey dude. it was a crazy night indeed. sorry we didn't end up meeting @ the moose. we had a lot of fun trying to get a cab back to the hotel!!

Edit:-I'm getting old too. Gotta go and take a nap. :sleeper:

hey Crowebar,ya that a bummer.i ended up at the moose with jarmo and mike and a few others but left early to catch the show,I no you called me during baz but i could not hear you.i must of not turned off off as it died on me so i could'nt call ya back,oh well next time,i just had my nap also lol.

They showed up one hour late. Many people were pissed off and left, lots of empty seats, the show was nowhere close to being sold out. The floor was not even packed. Yes I enjoyed the show but maybe they came early they could have played more songs. We didn't get patience, irs, civil war or something. Only 27 songs...

I ended up taping video and audio. Got full audio but there was so much security that I missed the first few songs on video. Other than the first 4 songs I taped the whole video but its from nose bleeds.

Loved the show don't get me wrong but I would really have loved it if they played more songs, maybe even 32 would have been good. This is Toronto, the biggest city in Canada, I was expecting a long night with at least 30+ songs

My first time seeing them but they didn't leave a good impression. Danko Jones was on time, Sebastian Bach was on time, why can't axl rose be on time? Anyways, it was fun, thanks GNR for a great night but I wish they played more songs. I will upload something on youtube

Shut the fuck up man, you sound like a whining bitch. Honestly, don't even deny that this show was good. Based on all your critisism it sounds like you were dissapointed. The place was packed, spare seats were taken up immediatly when Axl came on. (But yes, the floor wasn't that full). He sang well over the standard showtime of bands. Suck it up.

I have the right to be pissed off. He was one hour late. I do have work early but I still stayed up. And yes it was pretty empty, I don't know where you were but there were tons of empty seats. I took video and photos so I know. I've been to ACC many times and I know what a sold out show looks like. I love GNR but thats doesn't mean I will always defend them and say great things about them, just listing the facts. People left, people were pissed cause he was late and it was NOT close to being sold out.

Anyways here's a video for you all to enjoy

I didn't deny the fact that people left, pretty fucking sure I was there. Wow, I have pictures too and pretty sure I can see that the place was PACKED.. Whatever, have fun bitching about it.

:thumbsup:

They showed up one hour late. Many people were pissed off and left, lots of empty seats, the show was nowhere close to being sold out. The floor was not even packed. Yes I enjoyed the show but maybe they came early they could have played more songs. We didn't get patience, irs, civil war or something. Only 27 songs...

I ended up taping video and audio. Got full audio but there was so much security that I missed the first few songs on video. Other than the first 4 songs I taped the whole video but its from nose bleeds.

Loved the show don't get me wrong but I would really have loved it if they played more songs, maybe even 32 would have been good. This is Toronto, the biggest city in Canada, I was expecting a long night with at least 30+ songs

My first time seeing them but they didn't leave a good impression. Danko Jones was on time, Sebastian Bach was on time, why can't axl rose be on time? Anyways, it was fun, thanks GNR for a great night but I wish they played more songs. I will upload something on youtube

Shut the fuck up man, you sound like a whining bitch. Honestly, don't even deny that this show was good. Based on all your critisism it sounds like you were dissapointed. The place was packed, spare seats were taken up immediatly when Axl came on. (But yes, the floor wasn't that full). He sang well over the standard showtime of bands. Suck it up.

I have the right to be pissed off. He was one hour late. I do have work early but I still stayed up. And yes it was pretty empty, I don't know where you were but there were tons of empty seats. I took video and photos so I know. I've been to ACC many times and I know what a sold out show looks like. I love GNR but thats doesn't mean I will always defend them and say great things about them, just listing the facts. People left, people were pissed cause he was late and it was NOT close to being sold out.

Anyways here's a video for you all to enjoy

I didn't deny the fact that people left, pretty fucking sure I was there. Wow, I have pictures too and pretty sure I can see that the place was PACKED.. Whatever, have fun bitching about it.

:thumbsup:

Whoa what's your problem? He's just saying that he would have enjoyed them more if they had have respected their fans and showed up on time. When I went in 06 (as I've mentioned many times here, but hopefully no one's paying attention, otherwise *I* sound like a whiny bitch) I dealt with the same thing. Axl started ridiculously late, I missed the GO Train out, had to spend the night in a Tim Horton's, couldn't sleep and had work the following day. I was pissed too. But I learned my lesson, and now I just YouTube their shows.

Hey did any one get any good pic's of the show?/ i did not get any at all as security stood by me all fucking night and i was not about to get booted.shit i never even got to smoke a joint lol which was the 1st time ever i never smoked a joint at a concert ,but i'd love to grab some pic's if anyone got any good one.

thanks

Aiight. As ya can see I am still in recovery mode. Hence the late review...

The Pre-Show Party

The day started with me hitting Loose Moose around 4pm. G N'R blazing the speakers and every 2nd tv had a G N'R vid on the screen. I got mashed early once I found out Budweiser drafts were $3.50. Fuckin' awesome. I had a few non-members chillin' in my area shootin' shit bout G N'R. I guess the waiter heard that I was a DJ and work in radio. Next think I know this young curly haired waiter, cool guy, is handing me his demo for his band. Too funny. I had a whole MyGNR section reserved near the HTZ FM booth but without knowing what anyone looks like, it's tough :P

I went out for a smoke about 4 beers later. And who do I see... Bumblefoot. Nope it fuckin' looked like him tho. I walked back inside and there's the "legendary shadow" of Jarmo sittin' at the bar with a couple people. I introduced myself, shot the shit. Talked a lot to his buddy who flew in from London, England yesterday. Says he loves it here. Then I met this nice guy from Virginia. Turned out to be MrBrownstone from HTGTH. He said "Toronto is fuckin' awesome. Just like New York City but cleaner and people are nice to ya." I had ta laugh. He kept ordering beers then complaining that he had GA tickets and was gonna be late. Then ok 1 more beer lol. He finally left at 7:30.

Had a guy walk over to me in a lumberjack flannel. Pure Canadian. Even smelled like some good Canadian hydro too. Introduced himself as, yup, peterboroguy. Cool guy to hang with. I see he mentioned me too. I lost focus when this hot blonde walked up to us. It was innocuous1. A few minutes later Eric walked in. Talked to him for a min. I didn't meet gunsguy but I'm sure someday I will. Then I decided to head to the show since peterboroguy was leaving too. I kinda wanted to see Danko.

Got to the vunue, line-up in the tunnel from Union Station into ACC was crazzzyyy. "Everyone be ready for extensive patdowns!" I got excited cuz I seen a hot chick security guard to my left. Then Q-107 announces... "All women please move to the left line for patdowns!" Damn it!!!. I stuck my celly into my boot, peterboroguy had his in his front pocket. Announcement again.."Anyone that has a camera will be told to leave immediately so if you have a camera go put in in your hotel or vehicle!" We finally get to security, mild patdown. Then peterboroguy shows his camera to security. I never seen him again lol!!!

Checked out the souvenir stand. Wheeled and dealed to get a $40 tour shirt for $30. Sweet. Got the one with the orange skull. pretty cool. Headed back out for a smoke then back into the ACC. Talked to security. He told me to be prepared to be there til around 2. I knew something was up.

Danko Jones

We were pretty high up. Good view though. Lots of weed and cigarettes lit during Danko Jones. Cool band. He sounds like Hetfield. "Toronto, this is an international show but tonight two thirds is from Toronto... Wee bach is from peterborough but close enough. No actually he's from Willowdale and I'm from Scarborough. No wait I'm from Willowdale too. OK we're both from Toronto." This whole announcement was in a rough, raspy James Hetfield voice. At the end of their set, they said "if ya have kids cover their ears." This next song is about oral sex. If you are of age and dunno what that is. It's when you take another persons genitals and stuff em' in your mouth!!!" Fuckin' priceless. He sounds like Hetfield, sings like Bret Michaels and the band sounds like Stone Temple Pilots. IMO.

Sebastian Bach

Danko finished at around 8:30. 10 minutes later, all the lighting changed and ya knew it was time. Baz hit like a loaded shotgun outta nowhere from sidestage. His vocal power is still as good as it was. He started to play Piece Of Me. Yelled for his band to stop. Then told Toronto get fuckin' start jumping. Great energy. He made a lot of comments about Toronto being his hometown. He was 2 or 3 songs in and ya could barely hear him. I just thought he sang that way this tour. He yells "You gotta be fuckin' kidding me?" Then pulls an (Axl ala St. Louis) and slams the mic to the stage. He stands there a minute and someone throws him a new mic. CORDED!!! He tells the fans, "I prefer this mic cuz it reminds me of playing the Gasworks (A popular rock bar in Toronto at the time) He said it felt great to be home. Lots of family and friends. Wanted to give a shoutout to one of his best friends... Mr. Axl Rose!!! Fans went nuts. He played Monkey Business. He said that it was his first time playing it live in years. Dunno if that's true. ACC was about 50% capacity. He changed the lyrics of American Metalhead to Canadian Metalhead. Kinda cool. He commented about the next song being so old that it dates back to when Much Music actually played music. He said "I turned on the tv the other day and they said Adam Labert is comin' to Toronto. Adam Lambert WHO GIVES A FUCK!!!" He closed with Youth Gone Wild. He said that he hates people sayin' Skid Row is a New Jersey band. I'm from fuckin' Toronto Canada motherfuckers!!! All of his performances seemed to be really extended. He is awesome live and so intense. Once he switched to a wired mic his voice was way louder and more piercing. He finished at 9:45.

Headed back out for a smoke (45 minutes to G N'R, so I thought anyways)

Back inside at 10:00. Some motherfucker in front of me was smashed outta his mind. He was high fiving everyone. Hmmm. Some other guy walked up and asked me for rolling papers lol. Typical Toronto. Gotta love it here. I realized that after no G N'R by 10:30 we'd be waiting. Back out for a smoke. Talked to an associate of mine that runs the elevator. He took me down to GA and I walked right out onto the floor. I now know where that setlist pic came from. The whole back of the floor is the "Mix" area. Monitors, pyro detonators etc. I talked to the mixing guy. H etold me that setlist they have there is for pyro. It tells them what has pyro and what doesn't. Then they have a seperate chart on a computer that tells them which pyro is for which song. Makes sense. Security started to haul some jackoff out of the venue. I seen Jarmo walking around, and I think Eric was there in VIP too. Lucky bastards. Crowds started booing and I was like "fuck this" I went back to my seat. 11:20

Fans were now booing loud. The venue was just about full. A few random seats. GA floors weren't packed because 25 feet was reserved for the "Mix" area. That's why people say it wasn't full on the floor. Security wouldn't let people stay in the cabling area for obvious pyro reasons lol. I had no isues walking up to the control centre on the floor though. Maybe I don't look like a hooligan. LOL.

Guns N' Roses

11:27 Lights out!!! Cool intro. Fans went from boos to cheers in about 5 seconds. Typical. Ashba walked up stood in front of the screen for his signature opener. Out walks Axl... Wait. Out rolls Axl in a fuckin' wheelchair. I won't go too much into the setlist. It was pretty standard. Axl sounded amazing. I've seen him live many times and he was just perfect (1991) on vocals. The into to Jungle started and Axl started talking. "Sorry I am late.... You know the rest! By jumping off, I think he was referring to barstools or barhopping. Not sure though.

The set rolled through. Brownstone came on. That drunk fuck in front of me. Cool guy though. had 2 beers beside him, 1 in his hand and he starts dancing. He spilled more beer on him then in his mouth. He was having fun. I now realize that it was our very own AxlCorp. Too fuckin' funny.

Axl's power was intense. The crowd loved him. I had people sitting on the aile stairs beside me cuz there were no seats left. Bullshit to those who think it wasn't sold out. Those fans must have been in GA and said that because of the "Mixing" area I had mentioned. From where I sat. It was full. I'd say 19000-20,000 easily. Axl loved the vibe. The fans cheered for everything. By Street Of Dreams, people started leaving. TTC closes at 2am. Go Bus stops at 1:20 and I dunno why these fuckers were leavin. Ever hear of a cab?

The solos were awesome. I'd actually classify em' as "unofficial songs." I loved Fortus and Bumblefoot's solos. Ashba was off the hook. Such energy with the fans during Ballad Of Death. The Pink Panther was cool. They sound so much better live then on You Tube. Now I understand what all those people were sayin' about having to see them live. They dedicated Catcher to their good friend J.D. Sallinger. "This is for him." Sweet.

Rocket Queen was great but Better was insane. My highlights were Sorry, Catcher, Rocket Queen, November Rain, Sweet Child O' MIne, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain, Shackler's Revenge and This I Love. Axl just sounded particularly strong on these songs. During TIL Axl's falcetto voice was cracking but his power voice (Do you know where you are?" That voice. Was unbelievable and never quit on him once, or us for that matter. The foot on the piano is cool. He jumped on top of the piano during Street Of Dreams. Another memorable one. I Loved Someone Saved My Life Tonight, Gran Torino then straight into November Rain. Just an amazing pianist.

Nice gesture from Axl at the end to tell everyone Thank you, sorry and to drive safely. We hope to see you again soon. My sources say Fall. Canada/US tour. We'll see. I couldn't tell if they were filming but that Mixing area was huge. I thought Kiss used a lot of pyro etc. The front tresses, lighting, screens and the stage itself have to be seen to be believed. The lighted drum risers are cool. The lights did something different for every part of the show. Lots of vids on the big screen too. One blonde was featured in TIL and another one. Don't remember. Paradise City is the ultimate closer and Axl extended it and some other songs too.

Overall, 100/10 yes 100. Fans loved it. They cheered for every song. A few people left but very few. Don't believe negative reviews. It was SOLD OUT. Like someone mentiond... Just because a seat is empty doesn't mean it wasn't paid for. Ever see scalpers trying to sell off tickets last minute. Now ya get it.

I loved the show. You gotta see this tour live. Ashba really loves the stage and it loves him. Seeing 2 guitarists centre stage and one on each wing, looks so cool when Axl is on the drum riser between Dizzy and Ferrer. Just looks cool. I am sorry for the dragged out review but "TRUE FANS" will appreciate it. Sorry to Madison etc that tried to reach me. I was using my cell to record. Got audio from Jungle to Heaven's. It's a bit distorted but I kept the cam in my pocket so it's better then most. I flmed Live And Let Die and If The World on the same record but it isn't a great camcorder on my HTC Touch so it is far away. I'll try to upload it soon. I gotta break it apart first.

My Axl comment of the night... During KOHD. "Sing it all you fuckin' Toronto bitches!!!" In his louded most power voice. Then a minute later. "Sorry, I really gotta calm down with that bitches part!" Just hilarious.

G N'R 4 Ever!!! rock3

To all those opposed... :fuckyou:

Edited by MicEffecT

hey just you asked for it, here is Catcher In The Rye, wait for it for a while cause the high quality options takes a while to load:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruCXYhtsKNI

enjoy. Any more requests? Anything after the 12 song, as the first 4 were missing and rest 8 were heavily obstructed

Axl piano and November Rain. Hightlight of the show. Shackler's as well. Much appreciated man.

Edited by MicEffecT

hey just you asked for it, here is Catcher In The Rye, wait for it for a while cause the high quality options takes a while to load:

enjoy. Any more requests? Anything after the 12 song, as the first 4 were missing and rest 8 were heavily obstructed

Axl piano and November Rain. Hightlight of the show. Shackler's as well. Much appreciated man.

Wow how in the hell did you remember all that Mic..lol awesome review buddy and it was awesome meeting you.Ya security let me in but warmed me about the camera.by then you were gone .i looked for ya but did'nt c ya anywhere,i never did get to smoke a joint ,went to all that trouble hiding them for nothing lol..cach ya next time.

Had a guy walk over to me in a lumberjack flannel. Pure Canadian. Even smelled like some good Canadian hydro too. Introduced himself as, yup, peterboroguy. Cool guy to hang with. I see he mentioned me too.

rotf lmao..

Edited by peterboroguycanada

Chinese Democracy (Full)

Welcome To The Jungle (Full)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om8sC4vIYEw

Mr. Brownstone (Missing beginning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1D4GBCQ_N4

Live And Let Die (Missing beginning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v32Pfw8oHwU

Sorry (Missing beginning)

Catcher In The Rye

Sweet Child O' Mine (Full)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA1eBfAXFuQ

Axl Solo + November Rain (Part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4LGtuIKm20

November Rain (Part 2) "Axl plays piano with his foot"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FbncEFwyg

Bumblefoot Solo "Pink Panther" (Full)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Ft-euxdJ8

You Could Be Mine (Full)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Full)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eOcS46FGME

Nightrain (Full)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTh1qtqxGl4

Paradise City (Full)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6tdps81Yxg

Outro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq3FpxqtyC8

Edited by MicEffecT

Wow how in the hell did you remember all that Mic..lol awesome review buddy and it was awesome meeting you.Ya security let me in but warmed me about the camera.by then you were gone .i looked for ya but did'nt c ya anywhere,i never did get to smoke a joint ,went to all that trouble hiding them for nothing lol..cach ya next time.

Had a guy walk over to me in a lumberjack flannel. Pure Canadian. Even smelled like some good Canadian hydro too. Introduced himself as, yup, peterboroguy. Cool guy to hang with. I see he mentioned me too.

rotf lmao..

I went straight to the elevator since I was on 300. Got my shirt then went back out. Was cool meeting ya too man. Lemme know bout UFC. I'm in. I can get tickets for the show through my buddy if ya need em.

Edited by MicEffecT

Wow, this i bad. I hope something bad didn't happen.

I can't believe all of the people on here that just assumed that something bad happened. :rofl-lol:

I was at this show and I knew that Axl was going to show up. He was just late. That's three GNR Toronto concerts for me now. :thumbsup:

Axl showed up and kicked ass each and every time. rock3