Official Toronto Thread 1/28/10

Blaine_sixx

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They showed up one hour late. Many people were pissed off and left, lots of empty seats, the show was nowhere close to being sold out. The floor was not even packed. Yes I enjoyed the show but maybe they came early they could have played more songs. We didn't get patience, irs, civil war or something. Only 27 songs...

I ended up taping video and audio. Got full audio but there was so much security that I missed the first few songs on video. Other than the first 4 songs I taped the whole video but its from nose bleeds.

Loved the show don't get me wrong but I would really have loved it if they played more songs, maybe even 32 would have been good. This is Toronto, the biggest city in Canada, I was expecting a long night with at least 30+ songs

My first time seeing them but they didn't leave a good impression. Danko Jones was on time, Sebastian Bach was on time, why can't axl rose be on time? Anyways, it was fun, thanks GNR for a great night but I wish they played more songs. I will upload something on youtube

hi, just back from acc concert. i was worried something went wrong for axl to be late. the crowd was restless but around 11.30 p.m. lights out and show began. this band was on fire from the get go

and whatever frustration was build up it quickly dissapeared. axl never sounded better. the crowd which was 95% capacity was in awe with axl. i myself was at the 2006 show here and i am just

amazed and extremely happy to be a gnr fan in times like these. this band is the best by far. if you have a chance to see them don't miss it !! the setlist was good but no twat,prostitute. the only thing

that was negative was the late start as about 15% of the crowd left early probably due transportation or work issues. other than that it was vintage axl rose. god this gnr concert went so quick.

never a dull moment. i could have stayed there for days listening to this great band. thanks gnr hope to see you many more times !!

They showed up one hour late. Many people were pissed off and left, lots of empty seats, the show was nowhere close to being sold out. The floor was not even packed. Yes I enjoyed the show but maybe they came early they could have played more songs. We didn't get patience, irs, civil war or something. Only 27 songs...

I ended up taping video and audio. Got full audio but there was so much security that I missed the first few songs on video. Other than the first 4 songs I taped the whole video but its from nose bleeds.

Loved the show don't get me wrong but I would really have loved it if they played more songs, maybe even 32 would have been good. This is Toronto, the biggest city in Canada, I was expecting a long night with at least 30+ songs

My first time seeing them but they didn't leave a good impression. Danko Jones was on time, Sebastian Bach was on time, why can't axl rose be on time? Anyways, it was fun, thanks GNR for a great night but I wish they played more songs. I will upload something on youtube

Shut the fuck up man, you sound like a whining bitch. Honestly, don't even deny that this show was good. Based on all your critisism it sounds like you were dissapointed. The place was packed, spare seats were taken up immediatly when Axl came on. (But yes, the floor wasn't that full). He sang well over the standard showtime of bands. Suck it up.

Shut the fuck up man, you sound like a whining bitch. Honestly, don't even deny that this show was good. Based on all your critisism it sounds like you were dissapointed. The place was packed, spare seats were taken up immediatly when Axl came on. (But yes, the floor wasn't that full). He sang well over the standard showtime of bands. Suck it up.

Grow up dude. Don't be so defensive because someone has a different outlook than you. He said he loved the show but just wanted more songs. Deal with it

I have the right to be pissed off. He was one hour late. I do have work early but I still stayed up. And yes it was pretty empty, I don't know where you were but there were tons of empty seats. I took video and photos so I know. I've been to ACC many times and I know what a sold out show looks like. I love GNR but thats doesn't mean I will always defend them and say great things about them, just listing the facts. People left, people were pissed cause he was late and it was NOT close to being sold out.

Anyways here's a video for you all to enjoy

Edited by fex-

Back from the show too. Yeah, I would've liked Axl to start at 10:30, but why all the shock that he came on at 11:30? I remember back in 2006, I think both shows I saw he started well after 11pm. GN'R fans should be conditioned by now to realize that they may be waiting around a while. But yeah, the crowd was getting a bit restless and started booing every time one of the songs playing on the PA ended and GN'R didn't take the stage.

All in all the show lasted about how long I expected, 2.5 hours. Perhaps we got short changed on a few songs. Hamilton was the better show for me. Not that the band performed better there, actually I felt that they were probably better tonight. Axl was moving around more than he was at the Hamilton show, not that he wasn't moving lots there, but tonight it was almost like watching Axl in his prime. I guess with every show his conditioning improves. In Hamilton though, we were so damn close to the stage and just had a fantastic view, while tonight I was much further away.

Pretty good sound tonight, though there were times that Axl's vocals weren't loud enough. Not sure what the problem was there. The wheelchair, I think it was just Axl kidding around after he showed up late. Like lay off, I've got a good reason, I'm in a god damn wheelchair!

Ron Thal is the fucking man. He is stealing the show on guitar, IMO. And those guitars of his are so damn sexy. Watching DJ is like watching Slash, the top hat and the way he moves, I'm sure he's emulating the man. Never been a huge Fortus fan, but he's got tons of energy up there and is pretty fun to watch too, and the man can play. Can't really complain about these guys, other than to say none of them is Slash (:shrugs:), but Axl's assembled a pretty kick ass group of performers.

I'm starting to like TIL more and more, Axl just belts out those lyrics. Sounds amazing in a live setting. Paradise City was the best sounding I've heard the new band play it, ever! CITR, fuck yes! Love the song. The album version is an abomination, however. Hopefully we get to hear a great quality live version in bootleg form, because it sounded really great tonight. It still won't be up to par against the demo though. All that said, many fans were clearly not there to hear new material. As more and more new songs got played and the night started to drag on I think the late start hurt in this respect as many people cut out early.

The show was closer to capacity than Hamilton. I pegged Hamilton at 75% sold out of available seats, while the ACC may have been at 90%. It's pretty hard to tell just by looking though. In any case, more people were at this gig for sure. They had the upper bowl of seats open tonight, and there were a decent number of fans there. At Hamilton those seats were totally closed off and covered up. The lower bowl was much more filled out than in Hamilton.

Sounds like a other great show .... People should be happy with a 2 and a half hour show .... i think the show i saw in the 2006 was 2 hours ... it would be great to see

a 3 hour/4 hour show but i dont think i will ever... Anyone knows how many tickets were sold at the Toronto show?

jeez man chill he wasnt over critical at all HONEST thats all !!!!!!!!!!!!! as a gunners fan we have been told for years by axl bullshit sucks you cant be a true fan if you cant accept axl doesnt always nail it for godskaes, it chesses sum people off when a band turns up late, to me i couldnt care a less at all but people have the right to complain if they want too tellin people to shut the fuck up obviosly shows what a twat you are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! moron

The people sitting around me were commenting that Axl wouldn't be out until at least midnight. I was a little disappointed at the late start. People started to boo loudly. But once the band came on, everything was cool. At that point everyone came back to their seats or the floor and although certainly not sold out, I do think it was close.

They were all in a great mood, though BBF was a bit subdued (read later he was quite sick). Axl and Ashba seem to have a great relationship onstage. Axl was in awesome form and in a great mood.

The band played great, but the sound in the ACC was awful. Lots of people around me commenting on how much distortion there was.

The set list was changed up a bit again and I really liked it. Nice to see CITR which got more singalong from my section than expected. Actually a number of CD songs got people singing, though looking around you could see that it was the old stuff people were there for. It was shorter than most of the other cities on this tour, but still 2.5 hours which sure seems long after the Danko Jones and Bach sets. You do start to wonder what Axl is doing all those times he leaves the stage, but I wondered if he isn't just trying to get out of the spotlight to allow his bandmates their time. I think this lineup has a great chemistry and I thoroughly enjoyed this show.

I saw a lot of Slash stuff for sale, no one seemed to be bothering them. I asked if there were issues with wearing Slash shirts when I got patted down, the security lady just said "nope".

You do start to wonder what Axl is doing all those times he leaves the stage, but I wondered if he isn't just trying to get out of the spotlight to allow his bandmates their time. .

costume changes and a toke on the oxygen tank

:rolleyes:

He only changed about 5 or 6 times but would leave the stage every time he wasn't singing, even if only for a few seconds, so that it was several times each song. So yeah, the oxygen makes most sense. I'd need it if I were running around and singing like that.

this i love

best version so far???? :thumbsup:

I thought he did a great job. He seems to soften the parts that he might struggle with.

Yes, in Taiwan, the first concert of CD World Tour, most of the fans were wondering whether Axl would die on the stage. And we DID guess he had to run backstage to have oxygen. I don't blame him for that either. Even I am 12 years younger than Axl, I think I might need that after singing and running for a while....

Edited by Yang.TW

im glad you loved my This I Love video. Here is another one, You Could Be Mine:

I missed the first 4 songs cause like 6 security guards came with flashlights and stood near me (2 seats away). I wasn't sure when they left so I started filming after Mr. Brownstone. The filming wasn't great uptil the 12 the song cause security kept taking rounds.

Edited by fex-

When will you release audio's and video? I would love to hear them.