Official Toronto Thread 1/28/10

Blaine_sixx

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up taping video and audio. Got full audio but there was so much security that I missed the first few songs on video. Other than the first 4 songs I taped the whole video but its from nose bleeds.

When will you release audio's and video? I would love to hear them.

When its ready, the audio needs re mastering, once thats done it will be synced to video so dvd will have 4 audio options (3 sources and 1 MTX). Maybe if I find some missing footage I could add that as well.

this i love

best version so far???? :thumbsup:

All in all, I'd say second best (From what I've heard). The verses are great here, but the choruses sound a bit whiney. I still think Hamilton is just a tad better. Still though, it's such an improvement from Taipei and Osaka.

Back from the show too. Yeah, I would've liked Axl to start at 10:30, but why all the shock that he came on at 11:30? I remember back in 2006, I think both shows I saw he started well after 11pm. GN'R fans should be conditioned by now to realize that they may be waiting around a while. But yeah, the crowd was getting a bit restless and started booing every time one of the songs playing on the PA ended and GN'R didn't take the stage.

All in all the show lasted about how long I expected, 2.5 hours. Perhaps we got short changed on a few songs. Hamilton was the better show for me. Not that the band performed better there, actually I felt that they were probably better tonight. Axl was moving around more than he was at the Hamilton show, not that he wasn't moving lots there, but tonight it was almost like watching Axl in his prime. I guess with every show his conditioning improves. In Hamilton though, we were so damn close to the stage and just had a fantastic view, while tonight I was much further away.

Pretty good sound tonight, though there were times that Axl's vocals weren't loud enough. Not sure what the problem was there. The wheelchair, I think it was just Axl kidding around after he showed up late. Like lay off, I've got a good reason, I'm in a god damn wheelchair!

Ron Thal is the fucking man. He is stealing the show on guitar, IMO. And those guitars of his are so damn sexy. Watching DJ is like watching Slash, the top hat and the way he moves, I'm sure he's emulating the man. Never been a huge Fortus fan, but he's got tons of energy up there and is pretty fun to watch too, and the man can play. Can't really complain about these guys, other than to say none of them is Slash (:shrugs:), but Axl's assembled a pretty kick ass group of performers.

I'm starting to like TIL more and more, Axl just belts out those lyrics. Sounds amazing in a live setting. Paradise City was the best sounding I've heard the new band play it, ever! CITR, fuck yes! Love the song. The album version is an abomination, however. Hopefully we get to hear a great quality live version in bootleg form, because it sounded really great tonight. It still won't be up to par against the demo though. All that said, many fans were clearly not there to hear new material. As more and more new songs got played and the night started to drag on I think the late start hurt in this respect as many people cut out early.

The show was closer to capacity than Hamilton. I pegged Hamilton at 75% sold out of available seats, while the ACC may have been at 90%. It's pretty hard to tell just by looking though. In any case, more people were at this gig for sure. They had the upper bowl of seats open tonight, and there were a decent number of fans there. At Hamilton those seats were totally closed off and covered up. The lower bowl was much more filled out than in Hamilton.

Great review from KBear so quoting that to ensure it gets seen.

I have not seen mention of the comment that someone made, I assume about Slash? Just before they kicked into Sorry, Axl stated something along the lines of So I was talking with an older guitar player from Sebs band and I am speculating that someone yelled SLASH! because Axl then turned to the the crowd on that side and said something like No assswipe, I said Sebs band or something to that effect. Anyone hear that?

Ashba, Ron and Fortus were ALL great. They all did a great job and made their presence known. In 06 I thought that Fortus took a bit of a back seat but last night he was much more involved. Maybe it was optics, maybe he just moved around more., Whatever - it was a great show.

No Whole Lotta Rosie, but a great show.

Catcher in the Rye - very nice...my favorite song off the whole album. "An ordinary day, not in an ordinary way..." love that line.

The final verse is about the best Axl's ever written - pure art. Not crazy about the loud guitar all over the final verse, but great song.

I might still go with Coma's final verse, for its absolute ferocious delivery...but that last verse in CITR is about Lennon being shot, correct? I agree about the loud guitar, if you watch that verse from Osaka you will see that twice he signals the band to turn the levels down.