Official NYC SURPRISE GIG #2 - Feb 14 th 2010 - The Rose Bar

axl_on_drums

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no more NYC gigs... I was a bit starstruck in my Continental flight to LA from EWR today ... DJ, Tommy, Ron, Fortus were all flying 1st class with me (except for DJ who was stuck in coach with a chick)... maybe LA surprise gig next?

Goddamn it.

They do have the South American tour in 2 and a bit weeks, must need to get some practice in and set things up so it runs smoothly.

CAN'T WAIT!!

Edited by plonker88

no more NYC gigs... I was a bit starstruck in my Continental flight to LA from EWR today ... DJ, Tommy, Ron, Fortus were all flying 1st class with me (except for DJ who was stuck in coach with a chick)... maybe LA surprise gig next?

Seriously?

Yeah ... seriously. Actually was kind of funny, as DJ was boarding, Tommy says to him "I have a 6am radio interview .. Axl is gonna freak out" (whatever the hell that means) ... DJ says "Whatever man, just take the money" .. lol.. Out of the 3 of them sitting in 1st class (DJ was in the coach) -- Fortus seemed real down to earth .. talking it up with the flight attendant, laughing, and playing games on his iphone (or itouch) for most of the flight. Was also pretty funny watching him try to stowe his guitar in the overhead..

Was also pretty interesting that non of the other first class snobs had a clue of who they were.. I think maybe the only one that knew besides myself was the flight attendant ... all I heard was some guys (obviously all business men) on their cells after landing, there were a bunch of "rock stars" on the plane...

and their flight plans also must have been last minute as only Ron and Fortus were sitting next to each other ... they were scattered about, and obviously the 1st class cabin must've been full not allowing DJ and his chick to get in....

Edited by slim26

Goddamn it.

They do have the South American tour in 2 and a bit weeks, must need to get some practice in and set things up so it runs smoothly.

CAN'T WAIT!!

(Wishful thinking) Maybe they had to go to LA to rehearse Estranged, Riad, or Civil War for the SA tour? :thumbsup:

Seriously?

Yeah ... seriously. Actually was kind of funny, as DJ was boarding, Tommy says to him "I have a 6am radio interview .. Axl is gonna freak out" (whatever the hell that means) ... DJ says "Whatever man, just take the money" .. lol.. Out of the 3 of them sitting in 1st class (DJ was in the coach) -- Fortus seemed real down to earth .. talking it up with the flight attendant, laughing, and playing games on his iphone (or itouch) for most of the flight. Was also pretty funny watching him try to stowe his guitar in the overhead..

Was also pretty interesting that non of the other first class snobs had a clue of who they were.. I think maybe the only one that knew besides myself was the flight attendant ... all I heard was some guys (obviously all business men) on their cells after landing, there were a bunch of "rock stars" on the plane...

and their flight plans also must have been last minute as only Ron and Fortus were sitting next to each other ... they were scattered about, and obviously the 1st class cabin must've been full not allowing DJ and his chick to get in....

:rofl-lol:

Seriously?

Awesome!!! rock3 I don't know what I'd do if I'd walk into all of them random on a plane!! Did you say anything to them? And what did they talk about? Anythink interesting we should know? :o:D

i waited outside the hotel for 2 1/2 hrs,got to take a pic with baz, he was absolutely awesome, it was freezing and i was little by little losing my faith on being able to get in..then it was like "its do or die" and went to the lobby of the hotel, they were playing Easy, 10 mins later, someone pulled out some curtains from a huge ass glass door, and finally was able to see the man himself sing.. his voice, the rasps, the attitute, it was adrenaline running thru my veins,i still feel the goosebumps.. i couldnt believe it..my first "GNR show" we were like less than 10 feet away from the stage and all i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Axl sounded fantastic, i couldnt believe my ears........ it was just fucking amazing.....he was smiling and just having a great time....again, his voice was unbelievable great! one of the girls from inside the show noticed me and my 2 buds were watching through the glass door and opened the door, just when they had finished playing PC.....we went in, everyone cheered GUNS N ROSES for the encore but they never came back on..fernando was there picking some stuff up from the stage and gave me a drum stick..cool guy..then as nothing was going on, we left..but fuck! it was amazing!!!! im always checking this forum but never post.. ive been a fan since 1998 and had always waited for this moment..if 1987 Axl sounded like this, this 2010-Axl-voice is like being in fucking heaven... his stage presence is just so powerful, almost too great to be true...i dont know what else to say, just that Axl Rose is Axl fucking Rose.. cant wait for the big show at MSG.

oh, did i mention acoustic Catcher and Sorry sound fucking great ???

i waited outside the hotel for 2 1/2 hrs,got to take a pic with baz, he was absolutely awesome, it was freezing and i was little by little losing my faith on being able to get in..then it was like "its do or die" and went to the lobby of the hotel, they were playing Easy, 10 mins later, someone pulled out some curtains from a huge ass glass door, and finally was able to see the man himself sing.. his voice, the rasps, the attitute, it was adrenaline running thru my veins,i still feel the goosebumps.. i couldnt believe it..my first "GNR show" we were like less than 10 feet away from the stage and all i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Axl sounded fantastic, i couldnt believe my ears........ it was just fucking amazing.....he was smiling and just having a great time....again, his voice was unbelievable great! one of the girls from inside the show noticed me and my 2 buds were watching through the glass door and opened the door, just when they had finished playing PC.....we went in, everyone cheered GUNS N ROSES for the encore but they never came back on..fernando was there picking some stuff up from the stage and gave me a drum stick..cool guy..then as nothing was going on, we left..but fuck! it was amazing!!!! im always checking this forum but never post.. ive been a fan since 1998 and had always waited for this moment..if 1987 Axl sounded like this, this 2010-Axl-voice is like being in fucking heaven... his stage presence is just so powerful, almost too great to be true...i dont know what else to say, just that Axl Rose is Axl fucking Rose.. cant wait for the big show at MSG.

oh, did i mention acoustic Catcher and Sorry sound fucking great ???

Lucky! Sounds fucking cool! rock1

Seriously?

Awesome!!! rock3 I don't know what I'd do if I'd walk into all of them random on a plane!! Did you say anything to them? And what did they talk about? Anythink interesting we should know? :o:D

Nah.. didn't say anything to them as I didn't really have the opportunity too -- unless I was to stand up and interrupt their flight (Tommy was behind me, and Ron & Fortus were a couple rows in front of me -- noone was directly next to me). I regret it now as the odds are I'll never have that opportunity again.