Official NYC SURPRISE GIG #2 - Feb 14 th 2010 - The Rose Bar

axl_on_drums

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you may have read the gaurdians article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/feb/15/guns-n-roses-surprise-gig

Where it says ''Guns N' Roses play to half empty club''

A deliberately biased article against the band...

Spin and Rolling Stone report that the band went on stage at 1.30am and played for 1hr30mins...

So people leave when a gig finishes now? :shrugs:

Some of you may have read the gaurdians article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/feb/15/guns-n-roses-surprise-gig

Spin and Rolling Stone report that the band went on stage at 1.30am and played for 1hr30mins...

How many clubs are PACKED on a Monday night at 1:30am for a "surprise" show? Kind of a lame thing to bitch about.

How many clubs are PACKED on a Monday night at 1:30am for a "surprise" show? Kind of a lame thing to bitch about.

Even so...the show was over...

Fuck the Guardian

Shackler, they got their info from Music Radar, a biased online music site set-up by a dude who used to be in the music industry and hates Axl. I will leave it at that, but he is member of large music forum, and has made his hate, and desire to harm GNR quite clear. Whenever he can find an angle to manipulate to make the band look bad, he does. Someone, though, needs to let the Guardian know, this guy's information is bunk--as it was half-empty only after 3:30 a.m. when the show ended and he guys were still hanging around. Its a long day, going to fashion shows, and then concerts and dinners all day---sleep is needed at some point.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/guns-n-roses-play-to-half-full-nyc-club-236732

Axl is on top of his game. He sounds the best he's ever sounded, in my opinion, and he looks awesome. I just hope they keep this momentum going. I hope this is "it". We don't need any more breaks or disappearances. We need tours, and then hopefully another album sometimes in the near future. If GNR rebuilds itself in this way, and actually embraces the media and takes advantages of the opportunities, they'll be absolutely huge. Almost all the dots have connected.

I agree with you, except I don't think Axl will embrace the media, he hates the media and they hate him back. What they have to do though is get people to know how great their doing right now. They should do some surprise gigs in L.A. for more than 100 people, maybe in some clubs in bars for fans, just to get people talking again. Maybe a impromtu Award show appearance, or Late Night show appearance, I'm betting Jimmy Fallon would love to have Guns perform on his show.

I am so happy that Axl is sounding great again. Watching the Knockin' on Heaven Door video made me so pumped that GN'R is back and I really hope to see them live in the future. Axl isn't disappearing anytime soon as far as Im concerned, he seems happy and he's having fun on stage. I just hope they take this GN'R to the highs of the old one, playing in big staduims and making award show appearances and making epic videos. If only the reunion wanters, Axl haters and Slash lovers can move on and embrace this Guns N' Roses. I hope this is "it' too. And know that they got Doc MeGee as their manager, a man that knows how to manange bands and has managed some good ones, this might be "it" Hopefully we get a new album by the end of this year.

A buddy of mine that works at the hotel the band stayed at said Axl was vomiting and that "they" destroyed the 2nd floor. He didn't have to work that night so I would assume this is not from his own eyes. I know this forum is all about credibility, but I had to laugh when my friend told me about this. I don't post much but felt I should relay this to everyone else.

A buddy of mine that works at the hotel the band stayed at said Axl was vomiting and that "they" destroyed the 2nd floor. He didn't have to work that night so I would assume this is not from his own eyes. I know this forum is all about credibility, but I had to laugh when my friend told me about this. I don't post much but felt I should relay this to everyone else.

You felt it important to relay the rumor that Axl was vomiting?

Did it occur to you that you might have too much time on your hands?

:o

I'd like to report that Axl had diarrhea and was spotted buying a box of Imodium at the pharmacy at the corner of King and Main. Just a rumor I heard and wanted to pass along.

LOL rock n fucken roll

Got some more soundless videos up on youtube (damn mobile uploading), hope you like the close shots.

15 second clip of Jungle, I was at the back at the beginning of the show, eventually I moved all the way to the front

Whole Lotta Rosie

Edited by Shackler118

Girls don't shit! :no:

I'd like to report that Axl had diarrhea and was spotted buying a box of Imodium at the pharmacy at the corner of King and Main. Just a rumor I heard and wanted to pass along.

You and DirtyZ7 should get together and find somethin' better to do w/ your time! :lol:

Girls don't shit! :no:

Well, the rumor is we do shit...just doesn't get reported anywhere! :D

That was fucking hilarious! I lol'd, a lot!! :rofl-lol: You even spelled Imodium correctly. I'm impressed! :thumbsup:

Edited by DebbieNgeorgia