Why does Axl avoid playing most of these songs...?

90's

How come dose not play most of these songs live...?

Allot of them have music videos or are famous Gnr songs fans want to here live!! But except for a few songs out of this list, Axl refuses to play them live...

I went to Montreal and Ottawa show, but it seems like it was a AFD some UYI hits and C.D. songs only...

I wish Axl would play more songs from the following list...

UY1

1. "Right Next Door to Hell"

2. "Dust N' Bones"

3. "Live and Let Die"

4. "Don't Cry" (original)

5. "Perfect Crime"

6. "You Ain't the First"

7. "Bad Obsession"

8. "Back Off Bitch"

9. "Double Talkin' Jive"

10. "November Rain"

11. "The Garden"

12. "Garden of Eden"

13. "Don't Damn Me"

14. "Bad Apples"

15. "Dead Horse"

16. "Coma"

UYI 2

1. "Civil War"

2. "14 Years"

3. "Yesterdays"

4. "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

5. "Get in the Ring"

6. "Shotgun Blues"

7. "Breakdown"

8. "Pretty Tied Up"

9. "Locomotive"

10. "So Fine"

11. "Estranged"

12. "You Could Be Mine"

13. "Don't Cry" (alternate lyrics)

14. "My World"

TSI?

1. "Since I Don't Have You"

2. "New Rose"

3. "Down on the Farm"

4. "Human Being"

5. "Raw Power"

6. "Ain't It Fun"

7. "Buick Makane"

8. "Hair of the Dog"

9. "Attitude"

10. "Black Leather"

11. "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory"

12. "I Don't Care About You"

13. "Look at Your Game, Girl"

It might be because they were written and recorded by another band. That goes for Appetite as well, but that record is so important to the GNR legacy that he can't not play it.

I prefer he keeps it the way it is, because I have no interest in hearing new GNR attempt to play the likes of Estranged and so on, different time, different band, original band!

first, listen to Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 again, then again, and then once more focusing on the vocals, do you realise how hard some of these songs are to sing? And how singing Right Next Door to Hell along with Breakdown will properly screw up his voice, something that we don't want. As for the Spaghetti Incident, what's the point? fans would much rather hear more of the stuff that they play less regularly than songs from that album.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Well, I don't think we need more covers than we already have, so TSI isn't hard to answer. About the Illusions, I know that Axl has said that he don't like the drumming in there now. On the other side, he could ask Frank to re-arrange the drums when they are played live.

my personal theory is it all has to do with energy and vibes. axl seems cool playing almost anything off AFD but it seems UYI is another story. why? AFD was written by a gang, wheras UYI is the soundtrack of gnr breaking up. its pretty much confirmed axl is deep in this energy stuff, maybe he doesnt want bad energy from some songs (civil war, estranged) spoiling his show.

i dont know, tryin to get in axls head is a tall order for 630 am.

i wouldnt mind yesterdays finishing off a set. it would be extremely fitting.

Perfect Crime was on the setlist in 06, would love to hear this band tear that song a new arse hole.

that would be awesome. the best crazy axl videos are perfect crime. he always loses his shit.

bring back the bullet proof vest.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Perfect Crime was on the setlist in 06, would love to hear this band tear that song a new arse hole.

that would be awesome. the best crazy axl videos are perfect crime. he always loses his shit.

bring back the bullet proof vest.

It was an umpire's chest protector.

Axl sung these songs for 2 years straight before his live hiatus (1994-2001). He probably isn't that interested in revisiting that time in his life especially when a poll of the average ticket buyer would reveal that "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Mr. Brownstone" would much rather be heard than "Dead Horse" and "Yesterdays". I personally think they have an amazing setlist and the only songs truly lacking that fans would expect are "Civil War" and "Don't Cry" (an actual version).

About the Illusions, I know that Axl has said that he don't like the drumming in there now.

Wrong, he said the drumming had aged on Appetite, not UYI. Which I don't agree with, I absolutely love Steven's work on Appetite, I don't see how it could be better, that beat on Nightrain is absolute killer.

On the other hand, Steven Adler said that the drumming on the Illusions would have been great if they had followed what he had played on the demo tape. I don't agree with him as well, I love the drumming on the Illusions :xmasssanta:

I don't want to hear Estranged sloppy-slaughtered by Bumblefoot.

No Breakdown, Coma or Locomotive with this band either.

Had people be given a chance to hear TWAT by Buckethead in concert, no one would want to hear that song played by Bumble ever again.

The setlist is good, what this band needs is an ORIGINAL guitarist, someone who actually WROTE and FEELS a song or two in these silly 3 hour sets and secret for-my-fashion-friends gigs.

Gimme Buckethead, Finck, Izzy, Tobias anyone who ever wrote a GN'R tune that would be the biggest improvement to the setlist compared to this stage full of actors.

Had people be given a chance to hear TWAT by Buckethead in concert, no one would want to hear that song played by Bumble ever again.

The setlist is good, what this band needs is an ORIGINAL guitarist, someone who actually WROTE and FEELS a song or two in these silly 3 hour sets and secret for-my-fashion-friends gigs.

Gimme Buckethead, Finck, Izzy, Tobias anyone who ever wrote a GN'R tune that would be the biggest improvement to the setlist compared to this stage full of actors.

mimimimimiimmimimiimimimimimimimimi

It does suck that the two lead guitarists didn't write any of the songs and Bumble sadly doesn't seem able to replicate the Twat solo and that solo is one you just don't 'experiment' with. I also don't think that they'll write anything as good as Axl and Bucket did together, frankly because Bucket is just in another class and fits with Axl like a glove. Also, to use a crude expression, Bucket had the x-factor thing that slash had, that larger than life feeling that made him a great foil to Axl and an extra element to the band. Finck really stepped up at the Hammerstein shows but it just wasn't the same.

However i have really high hopes for Ashba. I think he does have a really good feel and could write some great melodic stuff. He also has shitloads of character imo.

Last thing: if Bucket never writes with Axl again and especially iof he never plays the new songs even just a few times as a guest it will be a travesty.

I don't think he refuses to play them. Like most bands, they probably go through the entire catalog in the beginning of tour rehearsals and work the basic setlist out. The band has probably rehearsed all of it and tried them all out. Some songs probably didn't work for any number of reasons, but they still have to be ready to play them at a moment's notice. Some people will quit doing a song for 20 years, then on a whim bring it back one night.

The crowd has the biggest connection with Appetite and I'm guessing the songs that people sing loudest to are the Appetite era songs, but if it was up to GNR, I think they'd prefer to do all of CD and few AFD songs. But it's also about winning the crowd over - can the current band compete with its past members, and gain new fans who are attending the shows? Do enough people know the new songs well enough that they can sing the songs loud enough for the band to hear? Something like "Welcome to the Jungle" still makes the crowd lose their s--t.

I agree with Dalsh here. Probably they have a lot of them rehearsed, but played what they figured would work best with these crowds without having to cut too much off of CD. In most places, the AFD songs are the best to "win over" the audience. But, if it's so, the guys in Guns should know that the most popular GnR songs here in South America are Estranged, November Rain and Don't Cry. AFD/Lies songs come after these (SCOM, Paradise, WTTJ, Patience) and CD is the favorite among the die-hards (most of us who payed for the "vip" tickets are willing to hear a set with at least 11 CD songs).

Obviously they got to think of their own fun, but adapting to the crowd is welcome. While in U.S. and Canada a whole AFD/CD set works in South America I foresee hundreds of people holding signs aking for "Estranged" and other UYI era songs. They'll have to play one of these.

mimimimimiimmimimiimimimimimimimimi

What's that supposed to be? The sound of the violin as I ram it up your gay ass you stupid motherfucker?

Go fuck a horse you stupid bitch!

How long til springclean gets banned?

Go read Axl's last post on this board, then come back and tell me about banning people for language.

Also my words didn't go into your direction, so what's your point?

If you have a problem with that kind of language what are you doing on a GN'R board?

I'm so sick of the online double standards made by ball-less pussys hoping to score a backstage pass.