The OFFICIAL Belo Horizonte Concert Thread - March 10, Brazil

Caroline

How long do bands normally play?

Well- i just saw Alice in Chains in Mytle Beach & they've been avg. 21-23 songs a nite, but i think the more important question is how long the other shows on the tour have been & what new songs the fan didn't get too hear. I'd be real dissapionted if i hadn't seen them in years & this was the show i ended up seeing.

Perhaps AXL's 3 week NYC bender caught up to him?

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions, or get pissed, or anything because the band played one two-hour show. God knows, someone could have been sick, they could have had technical issues, the promoter could have been up their ass, security could have alerted them to something, one of the boards blew out, who knows? I will say this, with much confidence, I believe we will see some 3+ shows on this leg of the tour, and some incredible set lists. They have two huge shows coming up: Sao Paulo and Rio! Expect a full onslaught, and I am sure there was a good reason the show was two hours--which is good for a rock show anyways! Saw Clapton recently, great show, was only about an hour and 45 minutes. All kinds of things have to happen perfectly every night for the show to even happen, be grateful they kicked ass for two hours, and rest assured they will continue to rock as the tour progresses!

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions, or get pissed, or anything because the band played one two-hour show. God knows, someone could have been sick, they could have had technical issues, the promoter could have been up their ass, security could have alerted them to something, one of the boards blew out, who knows? I will say this, with much confidence, I believe we will see some 3+ shows on this leg of the tour, and some incredible set lists. They have two huge shows coming up: Sao Paulo and Rio! Expect a full onslaught, and I am sure there was a good reason the show was two hours--which is good for a rock show anyways! Saw Clapton recently, great show, was only about an hour and 45 minutes. All kinds of things have to happen perfectly every night for the show to even happen, be grateful they kicked ass for two hours, and rest assured they will continue to rock as the tour progresses!

Yeah, most bands only play an hour and a half to two hours. If this recent show went two hours, that's still on par with most acts out there. On the flip side, I suppose GNR has spoiled most audiences with lengthy setlists so it feels like when they play the "usual" they're letting that particular audience down.

This isn't a band that strikes me as one that looks to only meet its contractual obligations; they really look like they enjoy playing. A band doesn't play two back-to-back 3.5 hour shows if they don't enjoy it. My bet is that this wasn't the ideal set for the band, that it was shortened due to circumstances that aren't apparent to us fans.

At the end of the day, it's a Guns N' Roses concert; I'm just happy they happen at all.

Cheers,

Andrew

Caroline (a friend of mine) will say the opposite, but I feel sorry for her. I'll feel sorry for myself if they do that setlist in Sao Paulo.

She, along with all other fans there, deserved more.

Good night.

Edited by tomazrui

About 2 hours is the average length of most bands onstage-the boys have spoilt us with some long sets-They can't win-too long and people moan about it going on too late! I think they need to be more consistant with the length of their shows though.

Shame no TIL for a 2nd time-but i am sure that didn't ruin it for the fans at the show.

Edited by juadlu

I think all the fans of GNR deserve a great concert. And I think Axl and the boys try there best to do that, but its a world tour and they cant be doing 3-4 hr. sets on every stop. Axl is a singer and cant afford to ruin his voice and possibly not play a show or two. I bet then you guys will start to say,why does he have to over do himself. A normal band hardly plays over 2 hrs anyways. Be grateful that your seeing an epic rock n roll show!

When GNR ain't touring, ppl bitch about it

When GNR tours ppl bitch about the setlist

It's a fkd up situation, Unseen circumstances could play a part, a two hour concert wouldn't bother me at all-

Some people have unrealistic expectations, a 3 hr concert is a bonus, not a requirement.

Yes, 4 songs out of 14, on a UNDER 2 hour gig.

As I said, hope Sao Paulo will be better.

If not, Brazil = Rio to Axl.

Please stop whining, how old are you? God, I'd hate to be your parents at Xmas. I would sit through that same setlist everytime I could cuz that is fkn GUNS N'

ROSES!!!!

a 2 hour show is fine if you forget that 1/4 of the show were solo's by axl, dizzy, ron, dj and richard

this set lacked everything, but it still seemed like a great show whatsoever

i wouldn't bitch if i was attending that show, that's for sure

Edited by UcudBmineCD

I just got home and I can imagine what you guys are discussing: the set list! I don`t wanna talk about this today, maybe tomorrow.

I was at premium floor, just 0,5 m to the guys. Axl was happy and smilling all the time and I was jumping and singing like a tennager. Lol I cried during street of dreams. I was there just living my dream. That show was INSANE and I can say this because I was there. So i`ts my opinion. I saw a lot of people crying because Guns N` Roses was right there, in front of us.

I was alone at premium floor OMG How I had fun at that place. I can`t find alimari there and Helen Luna and my friends was at regular / normal floor. I met 3 cool guys and we were living a real dream. They now became my GNR friends. One of them took excellent pictures. I was without cam, just with my cell phone, so if you guys want, when they send the pics I can post here. I was there and enjoyed. Axl in front of us, full of life and happy doesn`t have price.

After the concert I went to backstage and I met BUMBLESSSSS, DJ, Beta, Vanessa e Baz! I introduced myself to DJ and took a picture with him. I asked him where`s the leatherface (I was hoping to see he playing that guitar) but I really don`t remember his answer (lol), just this. Bumbles :lol: is THE GUY and now my #1 idol. What a person! very, veeeery attemptive with ALL the fans, he is really, really cool and deserve the best. I said to him what I always write here and he gave me a HUG. He also took a pic of all backstage fans together. Cute! The world needs more people like Bumbles. Beta and Vanessa are both lovely and beautiful. Beta`s smile gave me peace. She is blessed by God. I always knew this. They were more that cool with me and i`ll never forget! I loved to meet you girls! Sebastian: OMG he is soooooooo funny and cool! One person from here gifted him a brazilian t shirt (yellow and green) that was wrote TIAO. Lol! He put that shirt at his concert. His name in portuguese is SEBASTIAO and he was saying that his name now is TIAO! :rofl-lol:

300aa85.jpg

I think I met the most coolest people today!

Axl was inside a room and i didn`t meet him. I don`t care. He was right there front to front of me and was REALLY HAPPY rubuc0.jpg. I saw my idol, I sang with him, I smiled, I cried, I jumped... I realized my dream.

I didn`t meet Fernando too, just saw him at the stage. I saw Del James, said hello to Jarmo. :) I`d like to meet Dizzy too, but he wasn`t there, maybe one next time...

One only thing that I didn`t like: a guy gave a flag to axl and he almost weared that flag was with a soccer team logo that i`ts not my team :no: . Next time I`ll gave him a flag with my team logo.

I`ll change my avatar. This pic is old. Now i have a pic with BUMBLES :D and I`ll put it there!

So, today is Beta`s Birthday. I already gave her a hug and all the band and the crowd sang Happy Birthday ! All the best in the world for you Beta, you really deserve! :)

o8rm06.jpg

That`s it. See u guys later.

Edited by Caroline

I just got home and I can imagine what you guys are discussing: the set list! I don`t wanna talk about that today, maybe tomorrow.

I was at premium floor, just 0,5 m to the guys. Axl was happy and smilling all the time and I was jumping and singing like a tennager. Lol I cried during street of dreams. I was there just living my dream. That show was INSANE and I can say this because I was there. So i`ts my opinion. I saw a lot of people crying because Guns N` Roses was right there, in front of us.

I was alone at premium floor OMG How I had fun at that place. I can`t find alimari there and Helen Luna and my friends was at regular / normal floor. I met 3 cool guys and we were living a real dream. They now became my GNR friends. One of them took excellent pictures. I was without cam, just with my cell phone, so if you guys want, when they send the pics I can post here. I was there and enjoyed. Axl in front of us, full of life and happy doesn`t have price.

After the concert I went to backstage and I met BUMBLESSSSS, DJ, Beta, Vanessa e BAZ! I introduced me to DJ and took a picture with him, just this. Bumbles :lol: is THE GUY and now my #1 idol. What a person! very attencious with ALL the fans, he is really, really cool and deserve the best. I said to him what I always write here and he hug me. Cute! Beta and Vanessa are both lovely and beautiful. Beta`s smile gave me peace. She is blessed by God. I always knew this. They were more that cool with me and i`ll never forget! I loved to meet you girls! Sebastian: OMG he is soooooooo funny! One person from here gifted him a brazilian t shirt (yellow and green) that was wrote TIAO. Lol! He put that shirt at his concert. His name in portuguese is SEBASTIAO and he was saying tha his name now is TIAO! Lol... I think I met the most coolest people today!

Axl was inside a room and i don`t met him. i don`t care. He was right there front to front of me and was really happy. I saw my idol, I sang with him, I smiled, I cried, I jumped... I realized my dream.

I don`t met Fernando too, just saw him at the stage. I saw Del James, said hello to Jarmo. :)

One only thing that I didn`t like: a guy gave a flag to axl and he almost wered that flag was with a soccer team simbol that i`ts not my team :no: . Next time I`ll gave him a flag with my team simbol.

I`ll change my avatar. This pic is old. Now i have a pic with BUMBLES :D and I`ll put it there!

So, today is beta Birthday. I already gave her a hug and all the band and the crowd sang Happy Birthday ! All the best in the worl for you Beta, you deserve! :)

Great review! I was actually looking forward to your review because I read you were one of the Brazilians who were at the show.

Congrats! As an Uruguayan it's kinda weird to say this but you Brazilians are the best fans by FAR.

PS: How did you get backstage btw? :ph34r:

I just got home and I can imagine what you guys are discussing: the set list! I don`t wanna talk about that today, maybe tomorrow.

After the concert I went to backstage and I met BUMBLESSSSS, DJ, Beta, Vanessa e BAZ! I introduced me to DJ and took a picture with him, just this. Bumbles :lol: is THE GUY and now my #1 idol. What a person! very attencious with ALL the fans, he is really, really cool and deserve the best. I said to him what I always write here and he hug me. Cute! Beta and Vanessa are both lovely and beautiful. Beta`s smile gave me peace. She is blessed by God. I always knew this. They were more that cool with me and i`ll never forget! I loved to meet you girls! Sebastian: OMG he is soooooooo funny! One person from here gifted him a brazilian t shirt (yellow and green) that was wrote TIAO. Lol! He put that shirt at his concert. His name in portuguese is SEBASTIAO and he was saying tha his name now is TIAO! Lol... I think I met the most coolest people today!

Axl was inside a room and i don`t met him. i don`t care. He was right there front to front of me and was really happy. I saw my idol, I sang with him, I smiled, I cried, I jumped... I realized my dream.

I don`t met Fernando too, just saw him at the stage. I saw Del James, said hello to Jarmo. :)

One only thing that I didn`t like: a guy gave a flag to axl and he almost wered that flag was with a soccer team simbol that i`ts not my team :no: . Next time I`ll gave him a flag with my team simbol.

So, today is Beta Birthday. I already gave her a hug and all the band and the crowd sang Happy Birthday ! All the best in the world for you Beta, you really deserve! :)

cool :thumbsup:

So, today is Beta Birthday. I already gave her a hug and all the band and the crowd sang Happy Birthday ! All the best in the world for you Beta, you really deserve! :)

dude... i am genuinely psyched & happy for you after reading this post. that is frigging awesome. Congrats to you & Happy Birthday to Beta!!!

LOL @ dude!

haha no i know; that's my fault. i never really learned that "dude" meant like, JUST guys, so I've always ended up calling dudes and women, well, "dudes" haha.

BRING BACK GUNSGUY'S LONG HAIR!! rock3

I call everyone dude too, if your a gnr fan on this board you are a dude :) LOL @ the long hair haha