Fernando confirms Live Stream on future concerts!

ManetsBR

Awesome!!! People have been going delirious following text message updates, so actually getting an official live stream will be something to behold :D

and this is why the first web-stream will crash...too many people hitting the servers. As long as I can get to it within a reasonable time after the concert to watch the recording it's cool. Still, a great idea, I am just forecasting my opinion of a major hit to any server running this. It will be amazing to see though :-)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!!! People have been going delirious following text message updates, so actually getting an official live stream will be something to behold :D

I am sure that even with the live stream, there will be something else that others expect from GNR.

I am sure that even with the live stream, there will be something else that others expect from GNR.

chill out dude, nobody is expecting or demanding anything! When you are a fan of a band you naturally want to see more from them, that doesn't make you a bad guy ;)

chill out dude, nobody is expecting or demanding anything! When you are a fan of a band you naturally want to see more from them, that doesn't make you a bad guy ;)

Nobody is demanding or expecting anything...YET. Considering that you have people who aren't even at shows bitching about setlists and show lengths, it is completely reasonable to think that there will be complaints when the time comes.

Ali

Nobody is demanding or expecting anything...YET. Considering that you have people who aren't even at shows bitching about setlists and show lengths, it is completely reasonable to think that there will be complaints when the time comes.

Ali

I guess that's true, even with a 3 1/2 hour set they still cant please everybody! They played 13 out of 14 ChiDem songs in Tokyo and still some people complain that they didn't play Rhiad! :crazy:

We'd like a 3D feed of the stream.

We'd like a 3D feed of the stream.

haha yeah I knew I kept my Avatar glasses for a reason

You Tube did the U2 Pasadena show, it was pretty cool. Would be interesting to see how many hits it gets that day.

As far as length of the set, problem is when a band gets into 3-4 hour territory and word spreads, EVERYONE expects a 3-4 hour set or they'll think they got ripped off. People were complaining when they saw Bruce that the show was too short.... even though it was a 2 1/2 - 3 hour show. I saw David Allen Coe and he did an hour set. An HOUR! Even though the guy's in his 70s the tickets were fairly cheap, but when someone does an hour set, it's kind of messed up. But Sly and the Family Stone, who usually play Irvine - Sly will play a 15 minute set and leave...that's if he even shows. They don't guarantee he's at every show. Can you imagine a GNR concert where Axl shows up for 2 songs and says good night .. I mean, where the show goes on for 90 minutes, he does two songs, and leaves... (not someone throwing shit at him situations).

Fernando, please make sure it's either streamed using Adobe Flash or some sort of "standard" codec through HTML5. I'm saying that because you will easily find folks trying to promote their non-standard stuff that fans would need to install in order to watch the stream and that would work only for a small subset of people.

FYI, YouTube uses Flash by default and has experimental HTML5 support - same is valid for Vimeo. No, they don't regularly stream gigs. YouTube did two (YT Live and U2) only. I wrote that just to point out that if you sign with folks using similar technology users won't have trouble. Sorry if you already knows these details.

Let me know if you need more info, I work on that on a well known company. ;)

• 1 month later...

Yes, we are trying to get everything we can, to make sure everyone that isn't there, is able to watch the show and not bootlegs of the show. Do know though, that this is a delicate situation that we are clearing up.

JOY to the possibility! I hope it's still under consideration - - big fun for those of us who can't be there!

Exactly

Guest RonMexico82

In fairness I think what Fernando meant was that if GNR played a gig on the moon some people would complain that it wasn't Mars.