March 14th, 2010 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil IS CANCELLED!

KIKOZ3

Fans are posting at orkut tha they had their tickets destroyed because of rain... :(

I'm sure they could get some online receipt to show they had them, though. But I'd still be pissed if my actually ticket had gotten fucked up.

A lot of people didn`t buy the tickets on line and others travelled and don`t have the online receipt in Rio. That`s why they`re worried.

Even if they bought them in person, they would still have some kind of receipt, no? I've never bought tickets in person, so I'm not sure. But if they did, I'm assuming most people payed with a credit card, so they would and should still be able to get some sort of proof they had tickets. Same goes for the people who traveled.

I hope so.:)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans are posting at orkut tha they had their tickets destroyed because of rain... :(

I'm sure they could get some online receipt to show they had them, though. But I'd still be pissed if my actually ticket had gotten fucked up.

A lot of people didn`t buy the tickets on line and others travelled and don`t have the online receipt in Rio. That`s why they`re worried.

That seriously sucks :(

At least my tickets are whole and dry. Bright side of having a huge wallet that is almost as big as my purse.

Axl Rose

On Sunday 14th March 2010, @axlrose said:

RIO UPDATE: They're now saying the venue actually experienced a minor tornado. Either that or regional Global media blowing usual hot air.

J/k !! Love, El Gordo!!

Minor tornado hahah it seemed like that!!!

For the record... it is raining again in Rio, not as strong as earlier, but yet a lot. Its a good sign, the rain should persist so tomorrow we will not have a hot day like we had today, and at night there would be no storm... just a weak rain.

Axl Rose, you are HOT! Hahaha. And funny. Really, marry me?

Axl Rose

On Sunday 14th March 2010, @axlrose said:

RIO UPDATE: They're now saying the venue actually experienced a minor tornado. Either that or regional Global media blowing usual hot air.

J/k !! Love, El Gordo!!

Minor tornado hahah it seemed like that!!!

For the record... it is raining again in Rio, not as strong as earlier, but yet a lot. Its a good sign, the rain should persist so tomorrow we will not have a hot day like we had today, and at night there would be no storm... just a weak rain.

Yes please, yes, PLEASE!

At least my tickets are whole and dry. Bright side of having a huge wallet that is almost as big as my purse.

And the dark side of it is that it always looks half-empty....

Hahaha. True.

I just remembered my CD booklet was in my purse, you know, just in case I ran into someone and could ask for an autograph, and it got totally fucked up by the rain.

Gonna have to buy a new one.

Now would be a great time to put out that alternate cover with the right lyrics. *hint hint*

LOL!!!!!

El gordo was THE BEST!! :rofl-lol: You`re gorgeous Mr Axl Rose!!! :wub::wub: AND funny! LOL!! :rofl-lol:

El gordo RULESSSS but I think he's more El Gostosão grin.gif:wub:

LOL!!!!!! HOT HOT HOT!!!!

BACK TO TOPIC PLEASE GIRLS hahahaha

Mulherada assanhada po!! rs

We're just having some fun until he tweets again telling me if I need to change my plane ticket or not.

:wub:

We deserve some fun after the fucked up shit that went on today.

Really crappy day.

WOW, this was something I was not expecting to see! I just came on here to see any updates of the concert. Than I read that the stage collapsed! This would had been tragically dangerous if it happened during the show. Many of the fans and the band would have been serious injured, or worse, dead. Even though it callopsed, at least it happened before the show and no one got serioulsy hurt, a stage callopsing would have be fatal. It just feels strange because earlier I was watching video's from the show on March 13 and thinking of how cool the stage looks. Hopefully it didn't get totaly ruined.

Good to here everyone is ok and that the show will be resceduled. I am extremely shocked at what has happened tonight and don't worry Rio, you'll get your show.

FUCK RAIN! :fuckyou:

about a day ago i was thinking about what would happen if a stage collapsed during a concert, i remembered when Guns asked the fans to back off in the 80's as they where pushing the stage a lot... i was thinking about what a dissaster would've been...

bad luck, but in a way it better did now than during the gig

LOL!!!!!

El gordo was THE BEST!! :rofl-lol: You`re gorgeous Mr Axl Rose!!! AND funny! LOL!! :rofl-lol:

El gordo RULESSSS but I think he's more El Gostosão grin.gif:wub:

LOL!!!!!! HOT HOT HOT!!!!

BACK TO TOPIC PLEASE GIRLS hahahaha

Mulherada assanhada po!! rs

LOL :rofl-lol: ... Axl started it (jk) :P

So go ahead LOL!

LMAO!!! TRUE! And he KNOWS he is hot... we`re just reforcing... LOL! :D

Very sad to hear that the venue got trashed by heavy winds. I seen some people questioning how... Well, I do audio/video rigging and staging. I can tell you this. The stage, temporoary or permanent, is built well. What happens is the rain soaked ground gets soft and the support braces under the main stage, begin to bowe (bend) causing a lot of tension on the braces, other supports, scaffolding etc. All this shit weighs a ton. Then when the wind catches the structure, down it goes. Picture a house, with a basement. If ya have any crumbling support, it will bring down the house, literally. If the basement is built with a solid foundation, under the concrete. It is rock solid. Sounds pretty childish to explain it like this but it is the case. If it was indeed a tornado, then anyone can tell you, the venue got lucky. I remember the concert in Calgary with couuntry artist Tim McGraw. A small tornado ripped through that area and tore the staging to pieces.

I would assume, if there is a re-scheduled show tomorrow night. GNR will indeed be using the Brasilia/Belo Horizonte/Alegre stage. Smaller but it is easy to setup and there shouldn't be any damage to it, if it was in storage. That small stage can be built in a few hours vs. the full show stage that takes 9+ hours from ground to rigging.

Again,

Glad 2 hear everyone is safe. Hope the fans don't hold this against Axl and GNR. It's one of the downsides of an "open air" stadium. Would have been a killer show. From what I've read, fans seem to be quietly disgressing about the show cancellation. Probably quite thankful they weren't in there when this happened. If fans were in the venue. It's almost a certainty that there would be fatalites.

Props to all of the rescue workers who evacuated quickly and got the place under control.

And give it up to Axl, for personally tweeting out the message to his fans instead of a sign at the gate.

Let's hope for another show tomorrow!