March 14th, 2010 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil IS CANCELLED!

KIKOZ3

Sorry Deb, but I hope they reschedule this for next month so I can get money to see they again. :shrugs:

Next month? Oh no no baby, that wouldn't be nice.

But hey, if it happens, I'll get here again.

As long as they rescheduel. Cause the security at the door were saying "get your money back" WTF?? Don't need my money back, I need a show.

That's why I'm kind of pissed. I want a certainty that they WILL be able to reschedule.

Don't think I'm not thankful no one got hurt.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for anyboady wondering this is not a new occurrence by any stretch :

http://www.google.ca/search?q=stage+colapses&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

happens alot, they balance ease of setup and tear down with safety, temporary structures are by there nature dangerous

As an admin you should not post messages like the above. Especially when you found them on the internet and know jack shit about the current situation down there. Just my opinion. :heart:

http://www.google.ca/search?q=stage+colapses&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

happens alot, they balance ease of setup and tear down with safety, temporary structures are by there nature dangerous

As an admin you should not post messages like the above. Especially when you found them on the internet and know jack shit about the current situation down there. Just my opinion. :heart:

Where did that come from???? First of all I am NOT an admin, lol but thanks :thumbsup: some people were questioning how this happened with rain etc etc etc, well it is not a rare thing to happen, they have been many times before where this has happened, thought I would point that out. I never said anything about knowing anything so not quite sure what you mean :shrugs:

Sorry Deb, but I hope they reschedule this for next month so I can get money to see they again. :shrugs:

Next month? Oh no no baby, that wouldn't be nice.

But hey, if it happens, I'll get here again.

As long as they rescheduel. Cause the security at the door were saying "get your money back" WTF?? Don't need my money back, I need a show.

That's why I'm kind of pissed. I want a certainty that they WILL be able to reschedule.

Don't think I'm not thankful no one got hurt.

Yeah that really happened, people from the venue said it was cancelled and we were going have news tomorrow about the refund, only one of them said that there was a possibility of it being reschedule.

Back at home, read everything from my smartphone. I've managed to get really close to the venue under heavy rain but came back after Axl's first tweet. sad.gif

Axl's second tweet still leaves tomorrow as a possibility. Any more word on that yet?

Not yet. :(

Back at home, read everything from my smartphone. I've managed to get really close to the venue under heavy rain but came back after Axl's first tweet. sad.gif

Axl's second tweet still leaves tomorrow as a possibility. Any more word on that yet?

Lets be patient. Im sticking with whatever decision the GNR camp and the venue take. You know... i have a premium ticket for the show, in front of the stage, and i was very near the entrance (in the line), it is slowly getting clear that i (and thousand of people) could be dead by now. The gates were set to open at 16 or 17 hours, and they didnt opened it...

Lets be patient. Im sticking with whatever decision the GNR camp and the venue take. You know... i have a premium ticket for the show, in front of the stage, and i was very near the entrance (in the line), it is slowly getting clear that i (and thousand of people) could be dead by now. The gates were set to open at 16 or 17 hours, and they didnt opened it...

Totally agree with you.

We know that the stage collapsed and have seen pictures of it. Or is it just a lie?? Ironic if you have internet issues..

There is one positive side of this scary scenario and that is Axl having a chance to rest his voice. For the first time EVER he had to sing the Better stick in a lower tune last concert.. Hope this turn out to the better in the end. I would have waited for better weather and an fresh Axl. The biggest problem now (assume no one got injured) is if all the fans are able to go to a re-scheduled concert. who were attending to this one

We know that the stage collapsed and have seen pictures of it. Or is it just a lie?? Ironic if you have internet issues..

There is one positive side of this scary scenario and that is Axl having a chance to rest his voice. For the first time EVER he had to sing the Better stick in a lower tune last concert.. Hope this turn out to the better in the end. I would have waited for better weather and an fresh Axl. The biggest problem now (assume no one got injured) is if all the fans are able to go to a re-scheduled concert. who were attending to this one

Indeed. I had contact in the line with some groups for other brazilian states, and it was pretty sad for them the cancelation... lets wait and see, everything is gonna work out.

Shame that no one got to see the show, but at least no one was seriously hurt, from the looks of that picture someone could have got hurt real bad.

Agree. Not the first Guns show to ever get cancelled, but this one was a legit reason. Could have been alot worse. Main thing is everyone is okay.

There is one positive side of this scary scenario and that is Axl having a chance to rest his voice.

Hopefully he uses this time to rest his voice instead of going on another drinking/partying bender like he did before the tour started. This is definitely a needed rest for him, hopefully it is not squandered.

Fans are posting at orkut tha they had their tickets destroyed because of rain... :(

I'm sure they could get some online receipt to show they had them, though. But I'd still be pissed if my actually ticket had gotten fucked up.

A lot of people didn`t buy the tickets on line and others travelled and don`t have the online receipt in Rio. That`s why they`re worried.

Fans are posting at orkut tha they had their tickets destroyed because of rain... :(

I'm sure they could get some online receipt to show they had them, though. But I'd still be pissed if my actually ticket had gotten fucked up.

A lot of people didn`t buy the tickets on line and others travelled and don`t have the online receipt in Rio. That`s why they`re worried.

Even if they bought them in person, they would still have some kind of receipt, no? I've never bought tickets in person, so I'm not sure. But if they did, I'm assuming most people payed with a credit card, so they would and should still be able to get some sort of proof they had tickets. Same goes for the people who traveled.

That seriously sucks :(