The Ides Of March

tberrie007

So today in history is the Ides of March, the date that Julius Caesar was stabbed to death in the Roman Senate led by his good buddy Marcus, and now also a day in gnr history books as well with the tornado rippin through Rio, and not to mention my birthday too! CaNT Wait to hear what Axl has created for this track..CD2!

we dont even know if this is a real track....

Axl confirmed it in the chats, that it is a working title anyway. Here's the quote:-

"Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles."

Edited by Conor

So today in history is the Ides of March, the date that Julius Caesar was stabbed to death in the Roman Senate led by his good buddy Marcus, and now also a day in gnr history books as well with the tornado rippin through Rio, and not to mention my birthday too! CaNT Wait to hear what Axl has created for this track..CD2!

Happy Birthday!

Axl confirmed it in the chats, that it is a working title anyway. Here's the quote:-

"Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles."

There is a full album there ...

• Like 1

Interesting that he mentions Oh My God.

And Silkworms.

And Silkworms.

He also said about re-worked guitars in Silkworms, we knew they were still fiddling about with that. I never noticed that he said Oh My God until there now, it suggests that they're still working with it.

And Silkworms.

He also said about re-worked guitars in Silkworms, we knew they were still fiddling about with that. I never noticed that he said Oh My God until there now, it suggests that they're still working with it.

Yea, didn't Tommy or someone say they were still working on OMG a while ago?

And Silkworms.

What actually happened was that someone gave him a list of titles that included those two, and Axl said which ones are real.

I don't know what he meant by Down On The Ocean (Izzy). There is one Izzy solo song (called Box) that has a line in the chorus saying "he lives in a box down by the ocean". Might be referring to that.

And Silkworms.

What actually happened was that someone gave him a list of titles that included those two, and Axl said which ones are real.

I don't know what he meant by Down On The Ocean (Izzy). There is one Izzy solo song (called Box) that has a line in the chorus saying "he lives in a box down by the ocean". Might be referring to that.

Supposedly Izzy recorded vocals on a song called Down By The Ocean. Title's been thrown around for a few years I believe.

Edited by Powerage5

If the band have unreleased material they want to put out I'll be there in the queue with my copy!

Happy Birthday!!

Can't wait till 2014 when a few of these leak :wink:

I think Axl was just looking at the list then typing songs as he went. I doubt he cared much about what you're all suggesting

Yes. The question asked to Axl was are these songs (A,B,C) real songs?

He replied with the ones that are real.

The question was not whats on the next album? what are u working on? etc

Therefore all we know is titles. Not songs that will be on the next album if there is one.

plus i really doubt OMG, Silkworms will be on the next album if there is one.

they did not make the cut for CD.

Another person whos partied with Rose says hes working on a new album after last years disappointing Chinese Democracy the first Guns N Roses studio album in 15 years and has something to prove.

LeMoine thinks Rose lets the negative press get to him more that he should. The interesting thing about the guy is that hell tell stories and youll say, Dude, youre Axl Rose, youve got to not worry about that s - - t, LeMoine says. Youve put out so many great records and youre the man, but he wont hear it ... theres a nuanced psychological thing about the guy where hes not trying to be Axl Rose.

I think thats the biggest amount of evidence we've seen that Axl wants to put out something greater than CD. Which is why OMG, silkworms wont be on it, even tho they are forum favorites.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

I know it's fucking killing me.

Ides of March was just the name of a drum loop Dizzy came up with, seems pretty arbitrary.

I've always been keen to hear Berlin (Oklahoma) that song stretches back many years and you've got to wonder what the hell it sounds like.

I'm guessing it sounds like a mixture of Rye and Sorry knowing how old it is. Or more like im hoping.

Edited by iftheworld