It's a shame they put IF THE WORLD in BODY OF LIES

Little EMO Annie

obviously quantum of solace would have been ideal. ITW was tacked on to the end of body of lies whereas people would have been forced to sit thru it in QoS, also the typical bond theme visuals would have worked very well with the song, flaming aces of spades and silhouettes dancing on bullets, would have been cool to have a bono-ipod esque axl silhouette. Not sure if the gnr camp missed the boat on that one or what but it would have been a great medium for a comeback.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously quantum of solace would have been ideal. ITW was tacked on to the end of body of lies whereas people would have been forced to sit thru it in QoS, also the typical bond theme visuals would have worked very well with the song, flaming aces of spades and silhouettes dancing on bullets, would have been cool to have a bono-ipod esque axl silhouette. Not sure if the gnr camp missed the boat on that one or what but it would have been a great medium for a comeback.

I agree in that GN'R could do a Bond theme, I just don't think ITW would have gone well with QOS. But, any theme they used would have inevitably been compared to You Know My Name, which IMO is the best Bond theme yet. I don't think I would mind Another Way To Die so much if it hadn't directly followed You Know My Name.

Edited by Powerage5

my personal favourite is goldeneye NOW I GOT YOU IN MY SIGGGHGHHYTTTSSSSS, goldenye...DUH- DUH!

its 80% rooted in the videogame.

Don't remember it at all, I've only seen each Brosnan movie once, and it will stay that way for eternity.

I've always wondered how the shittiest Bond movies produced the best games.

Yea, it is a shame. The movie was just another liberal Hollywood attempt at making the American Government look stupid. The only people who think it's an awesome movie are those who think it's based on truth.

Is Leonardo one of the idiots who party's with Hugo Chavez?

GN'R recorded a new version of "Sympathy for the Devil" for the movie Interview with the Vampire, why not throw a new song into the movie Eclipse?

I'm thinking, by the sound of the title, "Soul Monster" would make an excellent choice.

Axl said that song was full of venom.

Edited by John Bonham

GN'R recorded a new version of "Sympathy for the Devil" for the movie Interview with the Vampire, why not throw a new song into the movie Eclipse?

Because Interview with a vampire is a good movie and Eclipse will suck very, very hard.

The Hurt Locker may have won best picture, but it made very little money.

Had it been a box office smash, it probably wouldn't have won.

Any exposure was welcome at the time for me.

R.

song is great! soemtimes it reminds me on Faith No More - Evidence...

still didnt see Body Of Lies but for this Oscar winning movie Hurt Locker-

I have never seen any crappier war movie shit than that !!!

Isn't this a little late to be discussing? And I love how Irving Azoff' is an asshole now but before he was everyone's hero. I doubt we would even have Chinese Democracy released if it wasn't for him.

I thought it was quite a good movie, a little uncomfortable for Americans though and it may not have been a huge commercial success, but CD was neither ;)( And despite some folks opinion here; Hollywood does not only make movie for midwest Americans but make most of their money in the rest of the world; same with Guns btw.

I'm thinking, by the sound of the title, "Soul Monster" would make an excellent choice.

Leave Me Alone.

I think THIS I LOVE would be perfect for ECLIPSE. Alot of my Twihard friends love the song even though they have no idea of who GNR are. It would be a great way for GNR to get a mainstream hit. Axl could promote it by going on Jimmy Fallon and go up in the tree with him during one of his Bothered Rob Pattinson parodies.

Scraped in Iron Man 2 or Sorry in Wall Street 2.

That could work.

Isn't this a little late to be discussing? And I love how Irving Azoff' is an asshole now but before he was everyone's hero. I doubt we would even have Chinese Democracy released if it wasn't for him.

He was never my hero, and I'm not saying that he was an asshole. He just made a poor business decision.

He was never my hero, and I'm not saying that he was an asshole. He just made a poor business decision.

That's not strictly true, I seriously doubt he had seen the film before giving them the song. The way the film was advertised was as a middle east adventure in the vein of James Bond, it turned out to be much more serious than that and that put some people off. A film with Ridley Scott + Russel Crowe + DiCaprio + explosions would 9 times out of 10 be a box office hit, Azoff was just unlucky to get the bad apple of the bunch.

That's not strictly true, I seriously doubt he had seen the film before giving them the song. The way the film was advertised was as a middle east adventure in the vein of James Bond, it turned out to be much more serious than that and that put some people off. A film with Ridley Scott + Russel Crowe + DiCaprio + explosions would 9 times out of 10 be a box office hit, Azoff was just unlucky to get the bad apple of the bunch.

You are correct, but I still think it was a poor choice. GNR needs to be promoted to a younger audience then that movie was aimed for. I don't think alot of 15-25 year olds were going to see that movie.

im pretty sure team gnr tried to get ITW in QoS. maybe by that time they were sold on the jack white song or whatever ,but every intro to ITW i saw on tour axl called it 'our own version of a bad bond theme' so im sure its exclusion wasnt due to a lack of effort. i just dont think it was in the cards so azoff pulled the BoL deal.

its too bad there wasnt a MLK movie coming out around 08, madagascar would have made for a cool trailer.

Edited by Jackie Moon