It's a shame they put IF THE WORLD in BODY OF LIES

Little EMO Annie

I wonder whose idea it was to put If the World in Body of Lies. If it was Azoff's idea then good riddance. Although I loved the movie, it was a huge commercial flop. Americans don't want to see movies about Iraq and 9/11. The Hurt Locker may have won best picture, but it made very little money. Spoiler alert, Rob Pattinson's latest film REMEMBER ME flopped because he dies in the 9/11 attacks. A GNR song needs to be in a movie with a more youth-oriented market that will be a mega-blockbuster like IronMan 2 or Avatar 2 or Eclipse. That is how buzz is generated in the industry these days to get airplay on the radio. Estranged would have been a great choice for Shutter Island.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder whose idea it was to put If the World in Body of Lies. If it was Azoff's idea then good riddance. Although I loved the movie, it was a huge commercial flop. Americans don't want to see movies about Iraq and 9/11. The Hurt Locker may have won best picture, but it made very little money. Spoiler alert, Rob Pattinson's latest film REMEMBER ME flopped because he dies in the 9/11 attacks. A GNR song needs to be in a movie with a more youth-oriented market that will be a mega-blockbuster like IronMan 2 or Avatar 2 or Eclipse. That is how buzz is generated in the industry these days to get airplay on the radio. Estranged would have been a great choice for Shutter Island.

Also because people don't care for Pattison unless he is looking slightly ill while sucking the blood of the poorly acted female lead. I doubt the spolier, which people wouldn't have known about, hence it being a spoiler, had any impact on its poor box office performance.

I've seen about 3/4 of Body of Lies and found it really quite average, just felt like it was plodding along with no real rhyme or reason.

I agree though it would be good to see a Guns song attached to a movie that is garunteed a big box office draw but I think that boat has sailed unless they want to make another marketing push.

I was worried before I clicked on this thread that the argument would be that it should have been in a Bond movie, because of the whole Bond-theme feel to it. In which case I would have bitched that ITW isn't worthy of a Bond movie of the caliber of Quantum Of Solace.

Fair enough point though, Body Of Lies was lame as shit.

Guest Apollo

Pretty hard to turn down a spot in a movie that features Di Caprio and Russel Crowe. Its easy to look back and arm-chair quarterback. But at the time, there were huge expectations for this movie. And its not like every huge movie production was knocking down GnR's door for a new song for their movie.

I was worried before I clicked on this thread that the argument would be that it should have been in a Bond movie, because of the whole Bond-theme feel to it. In which case I would have bitched that ITW isn't worthy of a Bond movie of the caliber of Quantum Of Solace.

But this surely is.

But this surely is.

Could have topped Live And Let Die and You Know My Name if they'd used it! ;)

Pretty hard to turn down a spot in a movie that features Di Caprio and Russel Crowe. Its easy to look back and arm-chair quarterback. But at the time, there were huge expectations for this movie. And its not like every huge movie production was knocking down GnR's door for a new song for their movie.

Yeah that movie had Russell Crow, Leonardo DiCaprio and was directed by Ridley Scott. It was released in October and was considered an Oscar candidate...until people saw it.

The fact the any new GNR song made it into any film was a great job on Azoff's part. If you haven't noticed people in the States aren't exactly falling for the CD material.

That and Rock Band was the only real promotion the album had.

I like the movie alot. The truth is, I'm such an Axlite that I saw it 6 or 7 times in the movie theater just to hear the song, and see Axl's name on the big screen. I'm just saying that was not the right kind of movie to help GNR make a major comeback. Velvet Revolver had the good sense to put their first single in a Hulk movie. The movie was awful IMO, but the song became a huge hit for the band.

Edited by Little EMO Annie