It's a shame they put IF THE WORLD in BODY OF LIES

Little EMO Annie

I wonder whose idea it was to put If the World in Body of Lies. If it was Azoff's idea then good riddance. Although I loved the movie, it was a huge commercial flop. Americans don't want to see movies about Iraq and 9/11. The Hurt Locker may have won best picture, but it made very little money. Spoiler alert, Rob Pattinson's latest film REMEMBER ME flopped because he dies in the 9/11 attacks. A GNR song needs to be in a movie with a more youth-oriented market that will be a mega-blockbuster like IronMan 2 or Avatar 2 or Eclipse. That is how buzz is generated in the industry these days to get airplay on the radio. Estranged would have been a great choice for Shutter Island.

To put the song in Body of Lies was ok. But the part of the song used was so short that nobody knew it was a new GN'R song.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty sure team gnr tried to get ITW in QoS. maybe by that time they were sold on the jack white song or whatever ,but every intro to ITW i saw on tour axl called it 'our own version of a bad bond theme' so im sure its exclusion wasnt due to a lack of effort. i just dont think it was in the cards so azoff pulled the BoL deal.

its too bad there wasnt a MLK movie coming out around 08, madagascar would have made for a cool trailer.

"If the World" was supposed to be in The World is Not Enough.

They used this one instead (by the band Garbage).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOeM1ffGF0&feature=player_embedded

im pretty sure team gnr tried to get ITW in QoS. maybe by that time they were sold on the jack white song or whatever ,but every intro to ITW i saw on tour axl called it 'our own version of a bad bond theme' so im sure its exclusion wasnt due to a lack of effort. i just dont think it was in the cards so azoff pulled the BoL deal.

its too bad there wasnt a MLK movie coming out around 08, madagascar would have made for a cool trailer.

Really? With that bond film being released in 1999?

Really? With that bond film being released in 1999?

Possibly, if the song was a demo that far back.. I think the movie has commentary on it, they'd probably mention it in the beginning if GNR were ever considered for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well QoS was a bad Bond film. Maybe ITW will be used for the next one. lol

There won't be a next one. The next James Bond movie has been cancelled indefinitely.

The film version of Eclipse (Twilight Saga) hits theaters June 30.

Get "Soul Monster" on to the closing credits and you'll have a whole new generation turned on to Axl Rose.

Ain't gonna happen. Axl said he doesn't care about another album for the time being. He plans on touring and supporting Chinese. He made it very clear when Del James interviewed him.

I wonder whose idea it was to put If the World in Body of Lies. If it was Azoff's idea then good riddance. Although I loved the movie, it was a huge commercial flop. Americans don't want to see movies about Iraq and 9/11. The Hurt Locker may have won best picture, but it made very little money. Spoiler alert, Rob Pattinson's latest film REMEMBER ME flopped because he dies in the 9/11 attacks. A GNR song needs to be in a movie with a more youth-oriented market that will be a mega-blockbuster like IronMan 2 or Avatar 2 or Eclipse. That is how buzz is generated in the industry these days to get airplay on the radio. Estranged would have been a great choice for Shutter Island.

Body of lies was a flop just like CD was.

So what you going to blame true lies for CD flopping too?

Well QoS was a bad Bond film. Maybe ITW will be used for the next one. lol

There won't be a next one. The next James Bond movie has been cancelled indefinitely.

Get "Soul Monster" on to the closing credits and you'll have a whole new generation turned on to Axl Rose.

Ain't gonna happen. Axl said he doesn't care about another album for the time being. He plans on touring and supporting Chinese. He made it very clear when Del James interviewed him.

I've always thought that THIS I LOVE totally captures the essence of Edward's love for Bella in the TWILIGHT SAGA. My TWIHARD friends who nothing about GNR, agree with me.

Body of lies was a flop just like CD was.

So what you going to blame true lies for CD flopping too?

Nopes. And the CD was not a flop.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

Pretty hard to turn down a spot in a movie that features Di Caprio and Russel Crowe. Its easy to look back and arm-chair quarterback. But at the time, there were huge expectations for this movie. And its not like every huge movie production was knocking down GnR's door for a new song for their movie.

Definately. All signs pointed to awesome for that flick... Ridley Scott, Di Caprio, Crowe... It should have been a lot better than it was. I think GN'R were pretty lucky to get on at all; it's a shame that it turned out how it did.

The big problem is where they placed the song. Axl didn't really kick in until the credits rolled and people were on their way out. It should have been used in a scene where Leo was banging some hot chick in the desert.

Edited by ITW 2012

I've always thought that THIS I LOVE totally captures the essence of Edward's love for Bella in the TWILIGHT SAGA. My TWIHARD friends who nothing about GNR, agree with me.

I watched New Moon the other night and towards the end of the film, one of the Volturi called Edward a "Soul Monster."

It seems like a match made in Hell.

I don't know how the saga ends yet - I haven't read the books - so I can't give my opinion on THIS I LOVE capturing the essence of E & B's relationship, but I'll take your word for it.