Megadeth - Appreciation Thread!

American Psycho

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I approve of this thread :thumbsup:

Megadeth were fucking awesome when I saw them last year, Dave was totally on and the band sounded amazing.

For anyone who is gonna check them out, I say listen to the albums Rust In Peace, Youthanasia and Countdown To Extinction. If you like those, then go for the rest of the albums (except Risk, it isn't the best.)

Going to see them twice this year!

New Metallica > POPROCK

The only good album from Metallica is '' Kill Em All '' amazing to think that they used Mustaine's songs.

hurr hurrr hurrrr

>implying Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All aren't great albums

GODS OF THRASH METAL! rock3

No, Anthrax are the gods of thrash metal. They've got the most dignity left (Face it, Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer have all lost quite a bit over the years), and there's literally maybe 3 metal albums that can even compete against Spreading The Disease, Among The Living, and State Of Euphoria. IMO, they're the quintessential metal band next to Sabbath and Maiden.

On topic, I've given Megadeth multiple chances, just can't really get into them. They my least favorite of the "big 4" by a pretty large margin.

Edited by Powerage5

I feel that Megadeth has been the most consistent. Even though it's basically only been Dave as the only member throughout the entire time, I don't think they've made an album that's necessarily bad. Maybe one or two that aren't all that great in the late 90's, but when you look at the other 3 big thrash metal bands, none have been consistent in any way. Anthrax has only had 4 great albums (which isn't bad at all, but Megadeth has had about 8 in my opinion), Metallica hasn't been good since 1991, and even then I don't think AJFA was good at all, and Slayer's only good album was the debut (in my opinion). So, TO ME, they're the most consistent of the big 4.

Testament and Heathen are my favorite Thrash bands, though.

^ True.

Mustaine wrote the fast riff on ride the lightning.

Metallica went down after The Black Album, then they sold out, well, Megadeth also tried something commercial ( RISK ) but returned to there Metal style again after, where Metallica continues to sell out on each album, that makes them i dont know i guess POP-ROCK.

I would love getting Friedman back to the band ( best MD guitarist ever ) but Broderick is pretty amazing play exactly the same but doesnt have the '' feel ''.

Can't wait to see them live this year, Meet & Greet package HELL YEAH! rock1

Death Magnetic is an average album at best. It sounds like it has been mixed with a tractor its so muddy and the songs on it are average at best with only 2 very good songs. Personally I think Load, Reload and St. Anger are better as atleast they sounded different and tried to do something different.

Death Magnetic reeks of desperation and Metallica trying to regain their former glory but failing.