Roger Waters to do "THE WALL" tour!!

Zint

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they announce well ahead of time which gig/gigs David is going to show up at whoever is holding those tickets is sitting on a gold mine as those would sell for crazy money. I'm not sure if I would have the heart to sell my tickets (figuratively) if I were in a position like that, but I can totally see people willing to pay through the nose to be there for Roger/David on stage together again even if it is for just 1 song.

I can't wait until it happens though as I am sure there will be good videos available on youtube.

• 3 weeks later...

The more I think about this tour, the more I think how the fuck is he going to sing "Run Like Hell". He is just simply not capable of singing that song anymore. Maybe he will lip-sync lol

Dave sang on a lot of The Wall, esp. the ones that are played on classic rock stations. His voice is kind of ragged, but it wasn't that long ago he was on tour and sounded good enough to release 2 DVDs from the last tour he did.

The more I think about this tour, the more I think how the fuck is he going to sing "Run Like Hell". He is just simply not capable of singing that song anymore. Maybe he will lip-sync lol

Dave sang on a lot of The Wall, esp. the ones that are played on classic rock stations. His voice is kind of ragged, but it wasn't that long ago he was on tour and sounded good enough to release 2 DVDs from the last tour he did.

I'm not talking about David, I'm talking about Roger. David hasn't lost his voice at all. He can sing all the Pink Floyd songs just as well as when they were recorded.

Where as Roger can sound like complete shit sometimes. Roger has almost completely lost his voice.

Edited by coolio GNR

Just under a month to go. Can't wait. :D

Maybe David has changed his mind now. Probably not going to happen, but I am still crossing my fingers.

Odds are Dave's going to be one of the UK shows. 5 Dates at the O2 arena.... they're prob. going to be recording those shows. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he shows up at Nassau on Long Island, because it's the only date where they Pink Floyd had done The Wall, and expect Nick to show up... if I was to guess where they've been rehearsing - Roger lives in the Hamptons (he left the UK for good, but had some complaint about fox hunting of all things..) , and had rehearsed at an abandoned airplane hangar somewhere out there. GE Smith, who's on the tour, also did a show out there last week.

Just under a month to go. Can't wait. :D

Maybe David has changed his mind now. Probably not going to happen, but I am still crossing my fingers.

Odds are Dave's going to be one of the UK shows. 5 Dates at the O2 arena.... they're prob. going to be recording those shows. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he shows up at Nassau on Long Island, because it's the only date where they Pink Floyd had done The Wall, and expect Nick to show up... if I was to guess where they've been rehearsing - Roger lives in the Hamptons (he left the UK for good, but had some complaint about fox hunting of all things..) , and had rehearsed at an abandoned airplane hangar somewhere out there. GE Smith, who's on the tour, also did a show out there last week.

I think Nick will be at several of the shows.

Video of the Waters/Gilmour Reunion last month has surfaced. The videos are pretty good quality as well.

It's always interesting to me to see/hear people's reactions at times like that. There were only 200 people in that room, and I would be shocked if more than a handful had any clue as to magnitude of what they were being treated to.

It would be like Axl/Slash showing up to a small benefit sometime in the future with a few hundred people there and playing WTTJ, SCOM and NR. That's about the closest analogy I can think of in terms of a comparison to just how improbable that was when you look at their history together.

They seemed strangely at ease with eachother. There has obviously been a thaw somehow in their relationship somehow, which is totally out of left field, but a great thing none the less.

Here is the link to all 4 videos:

http://www.hennemusic.com/2010/08/pink-floyd-mini-reunion-video-surfaces.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hope they'll have better shirts at the show then these. Don't care for these ones. I do however want to try and snag that limited edition lithographic print though.

https://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?artistName=Roger+Waters&sourceCode=RWAWEB

Really? I think those shirts are awesome!

Lot of people like them and lots hate them. I don't hate them but just don't really like them. I'm expecting a shirt with the face coming out of The Wall (like the lithograph) with tour dates on it.

you lucky men, I want killer reviews later!!! Have a great time at the show guys!

I'll give a review and lots of pics too.

Hope they'll have better shirts at the show then these. Don't care for these ones. I do however want to try and snag that limited edition lithographic print though.

https://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?artistName=Roger+Waters&sourceCode=RWAWEB

Really? I think those shirts are awesome!

Lot of people like them and lots hate them. I don't hate them but just don't really like them. I'm expecting a shirt with the face coming out of The Wall (like the lithograph) with tour dates on it.

you lucky men, I want killer reviews later!!! Have a great time at the show guys!

I'll give a review and lots of pics too.

Which show are you going to?

Gerald Scarfe's book on The Wall should be on sale during the tour, it's supposed to be out this month.

Gilmour and Orb's collaboration, as well as a Syd Barrett collection covering solo and Pink Floyd due next month.

In Jun. they screened The Wall at an LA movie festival that Chris Nolan (Inception, Batman, Memento) did a discussion on, and how the movie influenced Inception, and had the cast and crew from the movie (it's a given DeCaprio prob. watched it in an altered state).

The movie had a budget of 12 million dollars. They more than made their money back on that one in video.

I would have LOVED it if Roger, Gerald Scarfe, Bob Geldof, and Alan Parker had been there. Parker and Waters got along as well as Waters and Gilmour did at that time. It's not one of Parker's best films, but I'd ask him who was worse to deal with - Madonna (Evita) or Roger... I can't see either movie having been as much fun to work on. In retrospect, Roger should've begged Terry Gilliam to direct it. I couldn't even imagine what Gilliam and Scarfe together would've come up with.

Gerald%20Scarfe%20with%20Pink%20Floyd%20The%20Wall%20-%20Gibson%20SG.jpg

Gerald Scarfe's book on The Wall should be on sale during the tour, it's supposed to be out this month.

Release date has been set for Sep. 15 (opening day of the tour).

I preorderd it months ago...Amazon has a good preorder price on it.

Edited by zint61