Rumored Album Release Dates

John Bonham

Axl told the audience back at the London 2002 show that he had "two new albums, ready to go."

The man is full of bs.

more like he is full of unpredictable bs

I'm starting to see a pattern of Axl "putting the cart before the horse" when it comes to telling the fans what they can expect. I.E. the multiple albums from the CD era, the Better video, writing for other videos, etc.

Edited by sofine11

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Guns N' Roses so... why not? Same bat time this year? I expect anything. And this is part of the fun in being a GnR fan.

I don't know if they'll work on anything album-related this year, they're touring and it's very tiring, it doesn't look like they're working on anything on the road. If it was up to Ron and Ashba, I BET this album would be finished in a week and released, but we know there's Axl and he doesn't work the same way. Maybe in 2011 or 2012...

This is Guns N' Roses so... why not? Same bat time this year? I expect anything. And this is part of the fun in being a GnR fan.

I don't know if they'll work on anything album-related this year, they're touring and it's very tiring, it doesn't look like they're working on anything on the road. If it was up to Ron and Ashba, I BET this album would be finished in a week and released, but we know there's Axl and he doesn't work the same way. Maybe in 2011 or 2012...

yeah we have more of chance of getting a new album in 2011 but who knows, i agree that one of the fun things about being a gnr fan is the unpredictable ness of gnr

What's inconceivable to me is that according to Merck, Axl only needed two days worth of work to finish Chinese Democracy in '06...but the inspiration to do it never came.

We could be waiting awhile.

Merck's letter, while eye-opening, was nothing more than a backhanded way to get fans to think that Axl was crazy and he was blameless. Creativity isn't something you can force on someone just to meet a deadline, so I can't really blame Axl there...

I do agree that if this approach is taken again towards CD II we could still be waiting a good bit longer for it.

Add me to that list.

Then again, we've had A LOT of people come here over the years saying they've heard this or that, only to be proven wrong by time. The fan in me hopes you're right about this.

I will say that naming this album simply "Guns N' Roses" would be very Axl-like as it would serve as an F-You of sorts to those who don't believe his current band is really GNR.

Doubt it since the album is going to feature the work of Brain, Finck and Bucket.

'The "birdie" told me that Universal received something like 30 tracks back in April 2008 from the Guns camp. Due to all the leaks, it was a no-brainer which songs would actually make the first album.'

what-ever :D

The best of Chinse Democracy was released, as that's the best Axl & Co. had to offer. The album's not been a great success, so it makes no sense to release the tracks that didn't make the album.

You are right it makes absolutely no sense to release something that is very likely going to sell only several million copies at the time when all the other artists are easilly selling 10x more.

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

How much material is there?

Not as much as Baz [sebastian Bach] thinks he heard! Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes.

Is anything finished?

Depends how you look at it.

How do you look at it?

Not something we've focused on.

You're not saying much.

You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track.

Bring it on Axl!

is there any songs from new album that you have heard?

We don't yet know what songs will be included on the album.

Oh My God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MCm67MpF3Y

Silkworms

Checkmate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcwQp4E7miI

Up til 2008 we'd never heard of Shackler's Revenge, Scraped, and If The World...That said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the bulk of the next album consists of songs we've never heard of.

I kinda wish they never released CD. It was like sitting in line for years waiting for something and having a great time doing it, then all of a sudden it was all over. Heres to the next 14 years guys! Lets do it all over again! :thumbsup:

There is no way Oh my god is on it, it was released 11 years ago so its been done already.

lol, GNR fans gluttons for punishment. I have never seen a bunch of fans work themselves up over so little for so long and then Chi Dem gets released and so many of you are just itching to go through the entire process again! Unreal.

Edited by Howard2k

Rumors are that Guns N' Roses will launch a new album in 2010.

Guns N' Roses member guitarrist is in studio.

And we read too much into things?

Yes, yes you are. Just like so many others GNR fans did before you for years and years and years, building up excitement only to get it dashed. Then built up again. Then dashed. Then built up again. Then dashed. You see the pattern right?

Over on that other board, jarmo is making it sound like Axl wants to put the leftover material from Chinese Democracy out, but that the record company is still creating obstacles for the band.

What kind of incentive would the record company have to hold things up? You'd think they'd still be interested in trying to recoup as much money as they could.

Over on that other board, jarmo is making it sound like Axl wants to put the leftover material from Chinese Democracy out, but that the record company is still creating obstacles for the band.

What kind of incentive would the record company have to hold things up? You'd think they'd still be interested in trying to recoup as much money as they could.

If the rumours are true, they already have through the Best Buy deal, all $14 million of it. So basically, assuming the album is finished all they will have to pay for is manufacturing the disc and promotion and, correct me if I am wrong, that's the cheaper side of making a big release album.

Edited by plonker88

If the rumours are true, they already have through the Best Buy deal, all $14 million of it. So basically, assuming the album is finished all they will have to pay for is manufacturing the disc and promotion and, correct me if I am wrong, that's the cheaper side of making a big release album.

i think you are right

cant you show me exactly what jarmo said because thats good to know that axl actually does have some incentive to release more material

Edited by Andrew07