Rumored Album Release Dates

John Bonham

Over on that other board, jarmo is making it sound like Axl wants to put the leftover material from Chinese Democracy out, but that the record company is still creating obstacles for the band.

What kind of incentive would the record company have to hold things up? You'd think they'd still be interested in trying to recoup as much money as they could.

If the rumours are true, they already have through the Best Buy deal, all $14 million of it. So basically, assuming the album is finished all they will have to pay for is manufacturing the disc and promotion and, correct me if I am wrong, that's the cheaper side of making a big release album.

So then if that's the case, practically any sales of a new album would be pure profit . . . All the more reason that it makes no sense to me why the record company would have any incentive to hold up a release.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over on that other board, jarmo is making it sound like Axl wants to put the leftover material from Chinese Democracy out, but that the record company is still creating obstacles for the band.

What kind of incentive would the record company have to hold things up? You'd think they'd still be interested in trying to recoup as much money as they could.

If the rumours are true, they already have through the Best Buy deal, all $14 million of it. So basically, assuming the album is finished all they will have to pay for is manufacturing the disc and promotion and, correct me if I am wrong, that's the cheaper side of making a big release album.

So then if that's the case, practically any sales of a new album would be pure profit . . . All the more reason that it makes no sense to me why the record company would have any incentive to hold up a release.

Im thinking that the label won't put out further albums until the have a guarantee from Axl that he will actually promote it properly. They know the Guns name is still quite a big name and can make good dollars on it, especially in a time where music sales are diminishing and labels are folding. A re-release or new album would mean good profit for UMG off the bat as the Best Buy deal pretty much wiped the slate clean(not to mention good international sales), so the only hurdle i can see between Axl and label would be the promo and marketing aspect. Axl would want good marketing, while the label would want Axl's involvement in the promotion.

Could someone please post all the Axl quotes about a new album? :rolleyes:

That would take a while. There are so many. He's been going on about it for ten years.

+1

That isn't to knock anybody, but there have been so many comments, where wold one start?

dPv

• 2 months later...

From MSL's forum:

i haven't heard anything new. as far as i know the label and the band are trying to figure out if a november release can be set up properly.

i used to have reliable contacts because azoff was able to influence what could be reported by rolling stone, so the rolling stone reporters would leak stuff to me since they were being prevented from reporting it.

was leaked to me by a UMG employee that knows how to contact me but doesnt like when i contact them

i think at this point if someone tells me something it's because they want to leak it but want me to take the heat

:lol:

Edited by ManetsBR

Yeah..

Well, I'd like for it to happen. But I'm really not holding my breath.

Unless the tour suddenly stops right in the middle of november, releasing the album with the band on tour ( no interview, no tv appearance, no video, no nothing ) and with no preliminary promotion will, imo, just lead these songs to share the same fate as the Chinese Democracy ones, only worse...

Or the surprise effect could actually benefit to the album given there's at least one radio friendly song on it.

But do I care ? No, I just want to hear these babies and the sooner the better. rock3

I spoke to a friend who's a friend of a buddy who knows someone who had a second cousin who is in love with someone who use to know someone who pumped gas for Beta 15 years ago and they say the album is finished and ready to roll. I'm hearing late 2030...but it could be delayed.

What's inconceivable to me is that according to Merck, Axl only needed two days worth of work to finish Chinese Democracy in '06...but the inspiration to do it never came.

We could be waiting awhile.

Merck's letter, while eye-opening, was nothing more than a backhanded way to get fans to think that Axl was crazy and he was blameless. Creativity isn't something you can force on someone just to meet a deadline, so I can't really blame Axl there...

I do agree that if this approach is taken again towards CD II we could still be waiting a good bit longer for it.

While we're in this ballpark, I'd like to mention that it's uncool and a social faux pas to post people's personal PMs to you, and to share them with Manets as well, I'm sure Beta didn't appreciate that,and don't play innocent,

I've got the PM that was posted openly, in another place, Are you that carniverously hungry to spread and obtain information about a CD release?

Some of you guys are a pack of backstabbing hyenas.

Alot of people are saying "Axl promised this, Axl promised that, and that" etc.

Axl also said dont wait for Chinese Democracy and live your life. You might like CD u might not. And if u dont like it and u didnt wait u didnt miss anything. But i'm bored and i feel like making one of those rumored song titles/ new album list.

RUMORED SONG TITLES

Atlas Shrugged (elsewhere website 2005)

Closing In On You(Kerrang! magazine 1999)

Cock-A-Roach Soup(Kerrang! magazine 1999)

Friend or Foe(Kerrang! magazine 1999)

Hearts Get Killed(Kerrang! magazine 1999)

No Love Remains(Kerrang! magazine 1999)

Quick Song (elsewhere website 2005)

Something Always(Kerrang! magazine 1999)

Strange Disease(Kerrang! magazine 1999)

Suckerpunched(Kerrang! magazine 1999)

Zip It(Kerrang! magazine 1999)

Zodiac (elsewhere website 2005)

Oklahoma (Axl Rose Rolling Stone Interview 2000)

Thyme (Arranger Marco Beltrami 2002)

Ides Of March (Engineer Dave Dominguez 2000)

Leave Me Alone (Arranger Marco Beltrami 2002)

I found this intresting...

February 1998: Rolling Stone article. GnR manager Doug Goldstein reveals Axl is in

an LA studio working on the new album. He says the band has recorded more than 300

hours of material. He estimates they are "three to five months away from actual

recording but says not to expect a record until 1999.

special thanks to http://www.scribd.com/doc/6075089/Chinese-Democracy-Timeline

Oh and i think a great album title would be Two Thousand N' Ten Intentions. ;)

What's inconceivable to me is that according to Merck, Axl only needed two days worth of work to finish Chinese Democracy in '06...but the inspiration to do it never came.

Merck's letter, while eye-opening, was nothing more than a backhanded way to get fans to think that Axl was crazy and he was blameless. Creativity isn't something you can force on someone just to meet a deadline, so I can't really blame Axl there...

I do agree that if this approach is taken again towards CD II we could still be waiting a good bit longer for it.

While we're in this ballpark, I'd like to mention that it's uncool and a social faux pas to post people's personal PMs to you, and to share them with Manets as well, I'm sure Beta didn't appreciate that,and don't play innocent,

I've got the PM that was posted openly, in another place, Are you that carniverously hungry to spread and obtain information about a CD release?

Settle down you self-righteous idiot. If the band, Axl, or literally anyone updated the fans on what's going on, they wouldnt have to worry about PMs from a message board getting released months after the fact.

And you know, for a person who hates that forum and its members so much, you sure spend a lot of time there. ;)

Edited by sofine11

Manets do u know the name of the song that was believed but turned out to be fake Leave Me Alone? It was done by a European band and i really liked it even though it wasnt GNR.

Manets do u know the name of the song that was believed but turned out to be fake Leave Me Alone? It was done by a European band and i really liked it even though it wasnt GNR.

i would also fucking love to now that. I believe it was this band, but I dont know the song title

http://www.last.fm/music/B%C3%B6hse+Onkelz

Settle down you self-righteous idiot. If the band, Axl, or literally anyone updated the fans on what's going on, they wouldnt have to worry about PMs from a message board getting released months after the fact.

And you know, for a person who hates that forum and its members so much, you sure spend a lot of time there. ;)

So let me get this straight, because you aren't provided with information at the time you demand it,that makes it acceptable to share private PMs, attempt to gain access to said information by any means possible, including

encouraging theft of copyrighted property, that is considerably selfish and fucked up in a multitude of ways, if you can't see what is wrong with those actions then you seriously have no integrity nor respect for anyone including yourself,you don't deny doing it,you weren't given permission to divulge it, and certainly not to post it, life doesn't always provide you what you want at the minute you think you need it, that is flawed thinking to the maximum, using any and all means to find out someone else's business decisions is stalkerish at best and criminal at worst. I'll do all I can to prevent your diseased and deluded sense of self entitlement from being fufilled in any way,It doesn't take a lot of reading to see what your vile and vulgar group is about,why not have some decency and wait for any possible pending announcement instead of being a total hypocrite and try to damage a band you claim to like, by using a variety of underhanded schemes to try and gain information you have no right to have?

If the band, Axl, or literally anyone updated the fans on what's going on, they wouldnt have to worry about PMs from a message board getting released months after the fact.

I think posting private messages is uncool. I'm sure GNR will update the fans when they have something important to communicate, be patient :P

PS: What forum?

I'm sure GNR will update the fans when they have something important to communicate, be patient :P

Of course.

Manets you can post all the links you want, talk with all your alledged inside contacts, and attempt to be above it all,but it still will not prompt GNR to operate on your personal wants and whims, Official announcements will be made when there is news that the public needs to know about,If lying, attempted theft, and scamming is your idea of supporting a band you claim to be a fan of is your idea of fun or an attempt at being important then you have issues, and lack of integrity is at the forefront, Concerts have been announced so you are getting information, contrary to your claims, If and when there is an announcement regarding a new release that will be announced as well, but it won't happen on your idea of when that needs to occur.

I'm sure GNR will update the fans when they have something important to communicate, be patient :P

Of course.

Manets you can post all the links you want, talk with all your alledged inside contacts, and attempt to be above it all,but it still will not prompt GNR to operate on your personal wants and whims, Official announcements will be made when there is news that the public needs to know about,If lying, attempted theft, and scamming is your idea of supporting a band you claim to be a fan of is your idea of fun or an attempt at being important then you have issues, and lack of integrity is at the forefront, Concerts have been announced so you are getting information, contrary to your claims, If and when there is an announcement regarding a new release that will be announced as well, but it won't happen on your idea of when that needs to occur.

WTF are you talking about? I was being ironic with that really updated site!

GNR lack of info was bigger in the past years, now we have Facebook and MySpace, which are quite frequently updated. I wouldn't like if GNR was something like Metallica and Megadeth in terms of updating fans.

Why does this thread have 17 pages when there's no definitive answer that there even WILL be another album, beyond Ashba saying he was writing stuff?

For some, delusion>reality.

Edited by Nintari

Why does this thread have 17 pages when there's no definitive answer that there even WILL be another album, beyond Ashba saying he was writing stuff?

For some, it's more fun living in delusion then in reality.

Also take into consideration:

people like to stir up shit just for the fuck of it.

They talk about the new album because they know it stirs the shitpot and gets people going.

For some, it's more fun living in delusion then in reality.

Also take into consideration:

people like to stir up shit just for the fuck of it.

They talk about the new album because they know it stirs the shitpot and gets people going.

I never thought of it that way...hmmm.