Rumored Album Release Dates

John Bonham

Did this guy mention anything about GNR having a song in the Iron Man movie?

Nope. Just that it was a self titled, single disc release.

it's probably just another best of album or something like that :shrugs:

Hope not.

Like someone already pointed out, this bands been basically touring on Chinese Democracy since 2002. This needs to be a new album, not a re-release of CD or best of or whatever else, especially if they're planning on touring the states later this year.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be a bit naive believing that this album is really coming out this year. But.... why wouldn't it?

-They've been touring CD for almost 10 years

-They have almost 30 songs left

-Dj Ashba was not only hired for the tour. + he is a great producer (grammy nominated) and songwriter

-There are some rumors

-CD was launched and they sold out huge stadiums. If that both things happend, nothing is impossible in the Guns N' Roses world anymore.

+ same bat time same bat channel.

-CD was launched and they sold out huge stadiums. If that both things happend, nothing is impossible in the Guns N' Roses world anymore.

you've got a point there

+1

I like the way you think. Let's stick with the power of positive thinking folks. You never know what karma might bring us. ;)

I can't be arsed trawling through all the Axl chats, but I got the impression that the CDII stuff wasn't completed, nevermind a CDIII

Infact, I'm pretty sure MSL alluded to the very same too

edit - why would they be handed into Universal? I thought Interscope were in charge? Now that is confusing

Edited by hopkins

I can't be arsed trawling through all the Axl chats, but I got the impression that the CDII stuff wasn't completed, nevermind a CDIII

edit - why would they be handed into Universal? I thought Interscope were in charge? Now that is confusing

He mentioned that they were having some trouble bringing "Atlas Shrugged" to a good enough mix. I get the impression that all the recording is done for the second disc but mixing and mastering may or may not still need to be done.

God knows Axl's had plenty of time to see to this during the down-time in 2009, so who knows where its at now.

Dunno in yours, but in mine Chinese Democracy there's a Universal logo.

And Axl said in 2006 that they had 26 songs ready. In 2009 he said he hadn't checked recently, but I think all the 32 are done.

Interscope is Universal.

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

How much material is there?

Not as much as Baz [sebastian Bach] thinks he heard! Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes.

Is anything finished?

Depends how you look at it.

How do you look at it?

Not something we've focused on.

You're not saying much.

You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track.

http://www.spinner.com/2009/02/27/axl-rose-insists-original-guns-n-roses-lineup-is-dead-and-burie/

"Depends on how you look at it"

Yeah.... the 2006/7 leaks were pretty finished to be launched in a album to me. But not to Axl.

Exactly, and what worries me is that this could delay the next disc from dropping this year, or anytime in the forseeable future, as it did with CD.

That interview suggests they won't be having a new album anytime soon.

Puzzling, since two months earlier during the Axl chats he seemed pretty psyched about the next album, even describing and naming what songs were going to be on it. Wonder why he changed his tune...

Interscope is Universal.

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

How much material is there?

Not as much as Baz [sebastian Bach] thinks he heard! Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes.

Is anything finished?

Depends how you look at it.

How do you look at it?

Not something we've focused on.

You're not saying much.

You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track.

http://www.spinner.com/2009/02/27/axl-rose-insists-original-guns-n-roses-lineup-is-dead-and-burie/

A bit off topic, but the thing that's always struck me as odd about this interview is how much he babbles on about Old Guns, but then says virtually nothing at all about the new band. Very strange.

A bit off topic, but the thing that's always struck me as odd about this interview is how much he babbles on about Old Guns, but then says virtually nothing at all about the new band. Very strange.

You're right, it's odd that he talked about the main subject people have been asking him to talk about for over a decade. That's bizzare.........

That interview suggests they won't be having a new album anytime soon.

Puzzling, since two months earlier during the Axl chats he seemed pretty psyched about the next album, even describing and naming what songs were going to be on it. Wonder why he changed his tune...

lack of backing from record company/best buy for the monumental promotion

negative press

litigation

You're right, it's odd that he talked about the main subject people have been asking him to talk about for over a decade. That's bizzare.........

Read much? I'm not saying it's odd that he talked a lot about Old Guns, I'm saying for a guy trying to get his new band off the ground, it seems strange to be all mysterious and non-committal about them, but go into extra-super detail about anything relating to the old band.

Come on guys, lets get real for a second...

Do any of you really believe that the next album will be released this year or even next? I would love to be proven wrong but lets face facts, Axl has never cared much about being prolific. Yes, a swift follow-up to CD makes sense, yes it would be a great way to show that the new band means business... but when has Axl ever made logical decisions which would be in his best interests?

Come on guys, lets get real for a second...

Do any of you really believe that the next album will be released this year or even next? I would love to be proven wrong but lets face facts, Axl has never cared much about being prolific. Yes, a swift follow-up to CD makes sense, yes it would be a great way to show that the new band means business... but when has Axl ever made logical decisions which would be in his best interests?

I'll give you that one. Tough to argue against with any evidence to the contrary.

Edited by sofine11

He mentioned that they were having some trouble bringing "Atlas Shrugged" to a good enough mix. I get the impression that all the recording is done for the second disc but mixing and mastering may or may not still need to be done.

I think what he was referring to on Atlas was the fact that the solo that Brian May does is from a rougher mix done in the nineties. When Roy Thomas Baker came in, it's no secret he had everything re-recorded because he hated the tones. Axl seemed to be saying that Brian wouldn't appear on the track because his work was incompatible with where the song is now, mix wise.

He also said all of Robin Finck's guitar parts were done for the second record, so that frees up the idea that all those songs need are additional parts added by Frank, Ron and now, DJ.