Rumored Album Release Dates

John Bonham

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't count on a new album anytime before 2012 or 13 if ever... we all know how slow the wheels of GNR move

Things are gonna change ... I can feel it.

2 years ago I would tell you that the way the fans 'feel' would not move Axl Rose 1 inch. But now, with the recent outpouring of communication via twitter and the recent onlslought of shows he seemed genuinely psyched about, I'd say that he cares a great deal about what the fans think and want.

That said, he has to know that we are chomping at the bit for CD II. I'm sure it just a matter of time until the ball starts rolling on this on a public level. And for that, I seriously cannot wait!

I wouldn't count on a new album anytime before 2012 or 13 if ever... we all know how slow the wheels of GNR move

Things are gonna change ... I can feel it.

2 years ago I would tell you that the way the fans 'feel' would not move Axl Rose 1 inch. But now, with the recent outpouring of communication via twitter and the recent onlslought of shows he seemed genuinely psyched about, I'd say that he cares a great deal about what the fans think and want.

That said, he has to know that we are chomping at the bit for CD II. I'm sure it just a matter of time until the ball starts rolling on this on a public level. And for that, I seriously cannot wait!

You do realize Axl reserves the right to go back in hiding at anytime right?

All too well my friend. But the release of CD shows that Axl still has the ability to put out new music, albeit in a less than oh shall we say "timely" manner. If he originally was hoping to release the second one in late '09 as he stated, what reason do we have to believe that it won't come out reasonably soon now that we are well into 2010, other than what went down with CD? Do I need to remind everyone of the laundry list of reasons we have to believe that the next album has already been completed?

Edited by sofine11

If he originally was hoping to release the second one in late '09 as he stated, what reason do we have to believe that it won't come out reasonably soon now that we are well into 2010?

Because this is the same guy who told us 18 months ago that we would see the Better video in a weeks time.

If he originally was hoping to release the second one in late '09 as he stated, what reason do we have to believe that it won't come out reasonably soon now that we are well into 2010?

Because this is the same guy who told us 18 months ago that we would see the Better video in a weeks time.

Haha, touche.

I dont get it. How is it that Axl is so consistentnely incorrect when it comes to his 'predictions' about what's going to happen with the band. I use the word predictions because he seems to do everything he can to word his statements, whether it be about the next album, Better video, tours, ect. in a way that, when they inevitibly dont come to fruition, he can say "Well, I never promised anyone anything."

I get the feeling that's what's going to happen with the followup to CD. Which sucks, as I'm sure it's just as brilliant.

Edited by sofine11

I feel your frustration, but I wouldn't hold your breath for anything anytime soon.

I would love to be proven wrong, but I feel confident that I won't be.

Kind of ironic to see that such a thread exists ...

Recently while I was in LA on business, a little birdie mentioned to me that a self titled, GNR album is set to drop in early summer.

I'm not guaranteeing anything (nor would I ever considering Axl's track record). Just repeating what I was told by someone who could have knowledge of this because of his position.

Recently while I was in LA on business, a little birdie mentioned to me that a self titled, GNR album is set to drop in early summer.

I'm not guaranteeing anything (nor would I ever considering Axl's track record). Just repeating what I was told by someone who could have knowledge of this because of his position.

Not ironic. I started this thread because I heard something similar.

Edited by John Bonham

So the plot thickens...

:rofl-lol:

I only said that it was "ironic" because I didn't know it was common knowledge or even speculated for that matter. I've been kind-of out of the loop for the past few months. Several months ago I would have never imagined that a new album would even be a possibility (for obvious reasons).

The "birdie" told me that Universal received something like 30 tracks back in April 2008 from the Guns camp. Due to all the leaks, it was a no-brainer which songs would actually make the first album. If this "birdie" is accurate, during the touring down-time, Axl has been working with Universal on a marketing campaign for the new album (I know - hard to believe).

Again, just repeating what I was told. Not trying to sell it as fact.

I only said that it was "ironic" because I didn't know it was common knowledge or even speculated for that matter. I've been kind-of out of the loop for the past few months. Several months ago I would have never imagined that a new album would even be a possibility (for obvious reasons).

The "birdie" told me that Universal received something like 30 tracks back in April 2008 from the Guns camp. Due to all the leaks, it was a no-brainer which songs would actually make the first album. If this "birdie" is accurate, during the touring down-time, Axl has been working with Universal on a marketing campaign for the new album (I know - hard to believe).

Every fans dream!! lol

I'd be surprised if something doesn't leak soon.

I think soon is not the word... but I´d like to be wrong

If the album is really schedued for a summer release, leaks are imminent. Period. However, if this isn't true, I'd say we could be in for an indefinite wait.

From time to time I read these forums and see where members theorize that there are these "hoarders" sitting on a plethora of unreleased shit. Well, not to be a kill joy, but I personally think that is nothing more than a desperate fan's pipe dream fantasy. Now, that's not to say that someone at Universal (or a studio tech who was present for these 1998-2002 sessions) might not get a little trigger happy and give you-know-who a big F U should you-know-who decide to become "difficult" to do business with again.

Personally, I think you could offer guitars and money to charity from now until the end of the world and not receive anything from the average Joe (cos they don't have shit). But people who have ties to the industry or those recording sessions ... they could very well be the ticket to Christmas coming early for the gunner fans of the world.

Boy, I sure hope you are right.

Add me to that list.

Then again, we've had A LOT of people come here over the years saying they've heard this or that, only to be proven wrong by time. The fan in me hopes you're right about this.

I will say that naming this album simply "Guns N' Roses" would be very Axl-like as it would serve as an F-You of sorts to those who don't believe his current band is really GNR.

I will say that naming this album simply "Guns N' Roses" would be very Axl-like as it would serve as an F-You of sorts to those who don't believe his current band is really GNR.

And it will raise lots of expectations as well.

So it's not the best move unless you have a killer album on your hands.

I doubt it.. don't think anything will happen this year.

I'll be happy to buy some tickets to the show in Arnhem though :)

Edited by Lethalis

And it will raise lots of expectations as well.

So it's not the best move unless you have a killer album on your hands.

I doubt it.. don't think anything will happen this year.

I'll be happy to buy some tickets to the show in Arnhem though :)

Even if the album is fantastic, and I'm sure it is, naming it 'Guns N' Roses' is absolutely bound to ruffle some feathers and will be pretty controversial. All the things that you think of when GNR comes up. :thumbsup:

'The "birdie" told me that Universal received something like 30 tracks back in April 2008 from the Guns camp. Due to all the leaks, it was a no-brainer which songs would actually make the first album.'

what-ever :D

The best of Chinse Democracy was released, as that's the best Axl & Co. had to offer. The album's not been a great success, so it makes no sense to release the tracks that didn't make the album.

If they're going to re-release it with extra tracks, why not just put it out as a double-album as Axl sees it any way with both albums (30 songs) under the "Chinese Democracy" banner. That's the only way a re-release would make sense to me.

Edited by sofine11

Add me to that list.

Then again, we've had A LOT of people come here over the years saying they've heard this or that, only to be proven wrong by time. The fan in me hopes you're right about this.

I also remember when someone came on the board and claimed a mid-November release was going to happen, and no one believed him. So it goes both ways.

I also remember when someone came on the board and claimed a mid-November release was going to happen, and no one believed him. So it goes both ways.

I believe it was MSL who first delivered the November '08 news to us. I don't remember whether people believed him or not, but with Shackler's Revenge being put out it was pretty clear by then that something was happening. The only thing that worries me about the next album coming out soon is that we've heard zilch about it. No industry rumblings, no band members slipping up and mentioning it, nada. Now, that could very well be intentional to make it a surprise and avoid leaks, but it could mean that it's something that's not even on the horizon yet.

The fans seem to be talking about the next album more than ever, especially this week. Could be because the last leg of the tour just ended...Could also be because something's in the air. ;)

The best of Chinse Democracy was released, as that's the best Axl & Co. had to offer. The album's not been a great success, so it makes no sense to release the tracks that didn't make the album.

Don't Cry didn't make AFD but it was a great success in a next album... Just an example.