Other than Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven who should go into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame?

Subtle Signs

Who should go into the RNRHOF with GNR?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of them changed rock so I had to go with none ;/. For someone to be in the RNRHOF they have to CHANGE rock. While I believe Buckethead's music SHOULD influence music, it hasn't yet.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

Tommy could possibly be inducted for The Replacements, but I wouldn't want to see him be inducted for GNR over that.

Frank all the way.

For the record, I don't think Matt and Dizzy deserve to be in.

Edited by bacardimayne

Tommy could possibly be inducted for The Replacements, but I wouldn't want to see him be inducted for GNR over that.

Frank all the way.

For the record, I don't think Matt and Dizzy deserve to be in.

I don't like Matt but I think he will be in. Dizzy is pretty much a given as well since he has been in for over 20 years and played on everything besides AFD/LIES.

Who says GNR will be inducted anyway?

I'd say they are almost a given. Did you see this years class? They are running out of "name" bands to induct. The only reason Black Sabbath was overlooked for so long is at that time, they weren't really inducting many Heavy Metal bands and Ozzy pretty much said he could give a fuck less about the RNRHOF.

GnR will be first ballot inductees. Here is the list of eligible bands in 2011. GNR are in,Brosef.

These artists released their first recording in 1986, which makes them eligible for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2011 (the induction ceremony will be held the year following the voting process, in 2012).

American Music Club

Babyface

Belinda Carlisle

Bob Geldof

Bobby Brown

BoDeans

Bonfire

Boredoms

Bruce Hornsby and the Range

Cinderella

Concrete Blonde

Cowboy Junkies

Cro-Mags

Crowded House

Dag Nasty

David & David

Dwarves

Dweezil Zappa

Eric B. & Rakim

Fields of the Nephilim

Gregory Abbott

Guided By Voices

Guns N' Roses

The Jayhawks

Kool Moe Dee

The Lemonheads

Lyle Lovett

Matthew Sweet

The Melvins

Michelle Shocked

New Kids On The Block

Poison

Racer X

Roxette

Salt N Pepa

Samantha Fox

Schooly D

The Sharks

Soundgarden

Spacemen 3

Tesla

They Might Be Giants

Throwing Muses

World Party

Yanni

Yo La Tengo

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/year.php?eligible_year=2011

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

I think Soundgarden will be first ballot over GNR, but other than that, I agree. They'll definitely be in.

Then Soundgarden and GNR will be in the same year. I think five go in every year plus some "legends" inductees/old-timers etc. I'm not a RNRHOF-Educator but I'm 100% positive that GNR goes in. Look at that list!

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

I think Soundgarden will be first ballot over GNR, but other than that, I agree. They'll definitely be in.

Then Soundgarden and GNR will be in the same year. I think five go in every year plus some "legends" inductees/old-timers etc. I'm not RNRHOF-Educator but I'm 100% positive that GNR goes in. Look at that list!

Yeah that's what I meant. They'll be in same year, but Soundgarden will be the "#1 inductee".

@gettin dizzy

lol no. Gilby did NOTHING to deserve being inducted.

Edited by bacardimayne

Then Soundgarden and GNR will be in the same year. I think five go in every year plus some "legends" inductees/old-timers etc. I'm not a RNRHOF-Educator but I'm 100% positive that GNR goes in. Look at that list!

You're forgetting one thing; they don't have to induct a band on their first year of eligibility.

I'd like to see GN'R in eventually, but there's bands who are already eligible who are far more deserving. Alice Cooper and Rush spring to mind.

On topic, I'd be surprised if anyone but the AFD lineup were to be inducted. They really don't like inducting too many people for a band. Look at Sabbath; only Tony, Bill, Ozzy and Geezer were inducted. IMO, at the bare minimum, Dio and Vinny Appice also deserve it. Sabbath became a rotating door of session musicians after The Mob Rules, but the 3 Dio albums have as much influence as any of the Ozzy albums besides the first album.

If I could make the rules, it would be anyone to appear on an album with said band is inducted.

Dizzy doesn't deserve to get, but he probably will.

And I think Soundgarden and Bob Geldof will get in for sure, and for fucks sake put Alice Cooper in there.

I'm not sure if GnR will actually get inducted in 2011 (or 2012 when they actually go in), I'm thinking they'll get snubbed because of the fact that it would be a very unsure situation. Or maybe that's why they'll get put in. :shrugs:

Matt, Gilby and *sigh* Dizzy should get in. As for the rest, fuck off. This poll also proves that the original five, then Matt followed by Dizzy and Gilby are the only ones that matter when it comes to the Guns name.

LOL

What has Gilby done to warrant induction?