Other than Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven who should go into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame?

Subtle Signs

Who should go into the RNRHOF with GNR?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt, Gilby and *sigh* Dizzy should get in. As for the rest, fuck off. This poll also proves that the original five, then Matt followed by Dizzy and Gilby are the only ones that matter when it comes to the Guns name.

Matt and Dizzy definitely, they are on the albums, and were a part of the phenomenon when GNR ruled the rock world

Tommy

robin

chris

richard

dizzy

These guys have been in GNR for years, toured for years, and helped in an albums thats sold millions worldwide.

Edited by ohmygod

Gilby and *sigh* Dizzy

So Gilby is ok but Dizzy is just meh even though he really influenced how the UYI albums sounded in the end, played on everything but AFD and Lies, has been in the band for twenty years etc ?

I don't get the hate for Dizzy honnestly...

Gilby and *sigh* Dizzy

So Gilby is ok but Dizzy is just meh even though he really influenced how the UYI albums sounded in the end, played on everything but AFD and Lies, has been in the band for twenty years etc ?

I don't get the hate for Dizzy honnestly...

A lot of the AFD-purists hate him for putting piano on Civil War. Really. That's IT.

I have said it many times. It should be:

Axl Rose

Slash

Duff McKeagan

Izzy Stradlin

Dizzy Reed

Steven Adler

Matt Sorum

That is it.

If the criteria is 25 years since they created music that changed music then I would agree with this list, except maybe Matt. I thought the music was written but Adler could not set the timing so they dumped him got Matt and Matt played the written songs. If true, then I wouldn't include him. If not (he contributed to writing, maybe someone can check UYI liner notes for me) then include him.

Edited by Orsys

If the criteria is 25 years since they created music that changed music then I would agree with this list, except maybe Matt. I thought the music was written but Adler could not set the timing so they dumped him got Matt and Matt played the written songs. If true, then I wouldn't include him. If not (he contributed to writing, maybe someone can check UYI liner notes for me) then include him.

Matt's probably got about as many writing credits as Adler... 0

• 1 year later...

Every single one of them. Robert Trujillo went on with Metallica. Dave Mustaine chose not to go. Axl will never accept them not going. They are part of Guns N' Roses. It's a package. Deal with it. 'Nuff said.

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

Matt wasn't on the list I saw, but I would have voted for Matt. He was an actual part of the Illusions record and tour and those are half of the gnr legacy. I guess Dizzy fits that criteria, too. But what did he do that anyone actually needed? He did nothing that was an intregal part of Guns N Roses.

No one else but the Appetite 5 and Matt belong in my opinion.

Matt wasn't on the list I saw, but I would have voted for Matt. He was an actual part of the Illusions record and tour and those are half of the gnr legacy. I guess Dizzy fits that criteria, too. But what did he do that anyone actually needed? He did nothing that was an intregal part of Guns N Roses.

Dizzy's role was in no way less important than Matt or even in some levee, Steven's. None of them had writing credits (Dizzy has on CD), but the three of them gave the albums their touch. You could either choose the Original 5, the UYI Izzy line-up, the UYI Izzy + Gilby line-up, the UYI + CD line-up or the whole bunch.

Dizzy's role was in no way less important than Matt or even in some levee, Steven's. None of them had writing credits (Dizzy has on CD), but the three of them gave the albums their touch. You could either choose the Original 5, the UYI Izzy line-up, the UYI Izzy + Gilby line-up, the UYI + CD line-up or the whole bunch.

The songs that are piano driven were played by Axl. I haven't looked at the cd book for years but what I remember Dizzy playing was essentially backround noise to me. I think it kinda ruins Civil War, for one. I can't think of a piano driven song that Dizzy wrote or had a huge part in--at most recording what Axl wrote or playing it live when Axl didn't play the piano live. In that regard he's a session guy or a tour guy. Same as Gilby. Did Dizzy write piano parts for Illusions? Yes. But I think they were just filler and I would rather piano not been on those songs--the ones that come to mind are Civil War and Bad Apples. I guess there is So Fine, but that song could have been left off in my opinion altogether. Sorry, Duff. You're awesome, but that song just doesn't do anything for me.

Matt, the drummer, is imporant--as the drummer for any band is always important. Even the AC DC dude who never plays any fills :) The drums are the backbone to the whole song and carry the vibe of the song. And Slash, Duff, and Izzy(I think) all said Steven was behind the Appetite sound because of his feel. I think Matt's drumming is what gives the Illusions the clean sound it has. Some like it, some don't. But he is the one behind it.

And the writing credits....I don't understand this one very well at all when it comes to GNR. What defines a credit? Is it lyrics? Is it solos? Is it chorus or verse? There isn't a song anywhere on any of the records where a member didn't "write" their parts, except possibly Dizzy, as mentioned above. In Slash's book he talks about who wrote what songs and stuff but it wasn't clear if he meant lyrics and all because he would say Izzy and him wrote a song, or he wrote a song and then Axl would put vocals on it. Coma is the prime example. Slash said he wrote it but implied that Axl wrote the lyrics, which is fine. But in my view they both wrote it. And Duff came up with the bassline and Matt the drums. Don't know what Izzy did but if he played on it he probably wrote his parts, too. Slash said they never wrote each other's parts and almost never played the same thing.

But I see where you're coming from. If you had it your way I wouldn't be mad about it.

Who would even decide what members are even in the Hall of Fame?

Edited by gabrielsevenn7

I think it all depends on what the committee votes on, and they base it on the albums. It's a given Adler's in, Matt was on UYI, and Reed was on UYI and CD.

Even if Axl doesn't go, I'm pretty sure he'd have something written or he'll do it via streaming video and they'll slap it up on the screen.