Would U Want 2 Meet Axl Rose?

Johnny Utah

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not, no.

Too much very public history to suggest it would be a bummer. I know we all marvel at the anecdotes from fans who meet him from time to time about how great he was and how he "really is" and not like that evil press make him out to be.

I don't share that view. In fact, I think that's fanboy bullshit from people deluding themselves. I think the way he "really is" is, in actual fact, not a very nice person. My love for his music has never wavered over 20 plus years, but my opinion of Axl the man has only gone way, down, and at times, way down. And I don't know I'd need that even further re-inforced right in front of my face.

So you would rather keep the opinion you have attained via the internet and the media rather than actually find out for yourself by meeting the guy face to face?

That's not meant to sound as angry as it looks by the way. Just curious. :kiss:

Edited by plonker88

As someone who has met him a few times and seen him interact with others I would say you would rather meet Axl than any of the band members that have been part of GnR.

Because the man is the real deal, he won't pretend, he won't act, he won't bullshit you. He will be himself, all the time. Of course some days, it is better not to get in his face, he is human too.

While many of the others see you as a consumer that needs to be treated as such, because you earn them money (fake smiles, rudimentary standard talk, pretending to be interested, etc....some of these are considered to be the nicest guys by the fans, while it is all an act).

You cannot get disappointed in meeting Axl when he puts himself in that position. In fact, you will be surprised how positive, funny and sincere the man is.

So you would rather keep the opinion you have attained via the internet and the media rather than actually find out for yourself by meeting the guy face to face?

The way he would be when you meet him face to face wouldn't really be himself.

I don't think anyone who says they want to meet him, wants to meet him to find out 'how he really is', because they know they're not gonna. They just want to meet a legend.

What does this even mean? I do not get comments like this.

We have 20 years of behavior to draw from, do we not? Are you seriously suggesting he's really a great guy and the evil sinister press just makes up all this bad stuff? Do we not have countless no shows, storm offs, temper tantrums, immature comments, and general asshole behavior to draw from? Is that all just made up? Of course its not. Its all real world.

"The press" doesn't make him say the hurtful and juvenile things he does about people. "The press" doesn't make him no show on a building full of people and not give them any sort of reason why. "The press" doesn't make him unwilling to communicate with anyone. No, those things are on him, I'm afraid.

If Axl has a shit reputation, and he does, that's because Axl has been responsbile for that. It make absoltuey zero sense to suggest he's really some great guy and this is all a big wacky misunderstanding. This is the real world, not 'Three's Company'.

I would not, no.

Too much very public history to suggest it would be a bummer. I know we all marvel at the anecdotes from fans who meet him from time to time about how great he was and how he "really is" and not like that evil press make him out to be.

I don't share that view. In fact, I think that's fanboy bullshit from people deluding themselves. I think the way he "really is" is, in actual fact, not a very nice person. My love for his music has never wavered over 20 plus years, but my opinion of Axl the man has only gone way, down, and at times, way down. And I don't know I'd need that even further re-inforced right in front of my face.

Usually I agree with all of your posts, but on this occasion I have to disagree, I have met Axl and was actually shit scared that he'd be a prick - just like Slash was when I met him. But I was really suprised by his calm behaviour, even when there were some drunk fans with me making inappropriate comments which he laughed off ("just reunite with slash")

I would not, no.

Usually I agree with all of your posts, but on this occasion I have to disagree, I have met Axl and was actually shit scared that he'd be a prick - just like Slash was when I met him. But I was really suprised by his calm behaviour, even when there were some drunk fans with me making inappropriate comments which he laughed off ("just reunite with slash")

Well, I've been giving this some thought since I posted that.

While I do feel that Axl is not a particularly nice person, if you only had a 2 minute conversation with him, I guess he's not going to bite your head off.

How in the hell do you guys get to meet Axl?!! I would wanna meet him, no doubt about it, Guns is the reason i picked up playing guitar(Bucket's solo on TWAT to be specific), so i would wanna thank him for the music, and ask about when the next album is coming out(only kidding!!! haha).

Guest gunns5

I wanna meet paul tobias actually, because he would definately have some funny and interesting stories to tell about the chinese democracy studio sessions rock1

I met him twice.

I will always remember the first time I met him. It was just after the Montreal show.

He was really nice and really funny. Met him for about 15 minutes and we were lucky enough to be invited at the after show party in a bar in Montreal. We spent the whole night drinking and talking and joking. Axl is the hell of a funny guy!

He’s just like any other person. He gives everyone their moment with them. When he talk to you, he look at you in the eyes and take attention to what you’re saying. He could act like a superstar that doesn’t care but he’s cool enough to give everyone their moment with him. It was a great moment that I was able to live. Thank you to those who made it happens, you know who you are!

The funniest moment I had with Axl was in Quebec City. We were having a beer in the loge and we wanted another beer.

Axl was in front of the fridge, we had to ask him to move a little so we could grab one. Let just say that it was weird!

I'd like to meet and talk to Axl Rose about everything BUT music/GnR/Slash etc.... Thats been done to death.

I'd like to talk with him about movies/sports/TV/current events, etc...

Just a dream interview.

We have 20 years of behavior to draw from, do we not? Are you seriously suggesting he's really a great guy and the evil sinister press just makes up all this bad stuff? Do we not have countless no shows, storm offs, temper tantrums, immature comments, and general asshole behavior to draw from? Is that all just made up? Of course its not. Its all real world.

"The press" doesn't make him say the hurtful and juvenile things he does about people. "The press" doesn't make him no show on a building full of people and not give them any sort of reason why. "The press" doesn't make him unwilling to communicate with anyone. No, those things are on him, I'm afraid.

If Axl has a shit reputation, and he does, that's because Axl has been responsbile for that. It make absoltuey zero sense to suggest he's really some great guy and this is all a big wacky misunderstanding. This is the real world, not 'Three's Company'.

You can´t judge him just basing you on the things you get from the media, the internet and certain situations. There is always a human being behind the famous person and that is who he really is, not the asshole the media portray.

Of course I would, but I wouldnt bombard him with endless questions. Actually no questions. I would just get a handshake, let him know that CD is a masterpiece and see if I could get a pic with him. Tell him thank you, I am huge fan that has seen Guns in NYC, Vegas and Monterrey Mexico. And hope to see you guys perform again!

Edited by batman007

I met him twice.

I will always remember the first time I met him. It was just after the Montreal show.

He was really nice and really funny. Met him for about 15 minutes and we were lucky enough to be invited at the after show party in a bar in Montreal. We spent the whole night drinking and talking and joking. Axl is the hell of a funny guy!

He’s just like any other person. He gives everyone their moment with them. When he talk to you, he look at you in the eyes and take attention to what you’re saying. He could act like a superstar that doesn’t care but he’s cool enough to give everyone their moment with him. It was a great moment that I was able to live. Thank you to those who made it happens, you know who you are!

The funniest moment I had with Axl was in Quebec City. We were having a beer in the loge and we wanted another beer.

Axl was in front of the fridge, we had to ask him to move a little so we could grab one. Let just say that it was weird!

oh yeah remember that little circle you, me, Axl and Baz made? that was cool..at first I thought it was uncomfortable speaking because of the heavy eye-contact since no one i know stares so hard into my eyes when we're having a conversation but a little later I realized he was just really interested in what I had to say and was making sure we were interested in what he had to say.

truly a great night, class act guy all the way

so to answer the OP's question, I'd definitely want to meet him again one day

You can´t judge him just basing you on the things you get from the media, the internet and certain situations. There is always a human being behind the famous person and that is who he really is, not the asshole the media portray.

St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver, Philadelphia.

What, exactly, did "the media" twist around here? Please walk me through it.

Edited by D-GenerationX

i think i could have met axl in ottawa if i really tried. in the end what seperated me from axl was a 2km walk in the cold ottawa night, i said fuck it and went into the venue. honestly it really wasnt that important to me. meeting axl would be cool for the sake of the story but i value the performance over a quick handshake and how ya doin. i have no regrets with how that played out.

actually i regret not getting to talk to bumblefoot, by all accounts he is a cool guy and it would have been cool to have a conversation with him. wheras with axl it would have probably just been a greeting which is why i think its overated. bumble will actually shoot the shit with you.

It was fucking cold that night, I wasn't wearing a jacket and froze just walking from the parking lot to the arena....which is BTW, a far walk in the middle of nowhere.

I met him twice.

Hes just like any other person. He gives everyone their moment with them. When he talk to you, he look at you in the eyes and take attention to what youre saying. He could act like a superstar that doesnt care but hes cool enough to give everyone their moment with him. It was a great moment that I was able to live. Thank you to those who made it happens, you know who you are!

oh yeah remember that little circle you, me, Axl and Baz made? that was cool..at first I thought it was uncomfortable speaking because of the heavy eye-contact since no one i know stares so hard into my eyes when we're having a conversation but a little later I realized he was just really interested in what I had to say and was making sure we were interested in what he had to say.

truly a great night, class act guy all the way

so to answer the OP's question, I'd definitely want to meet him again one day

I hate you both.

Edited by plonker88