Bruce Springsteen Sucks

Cdlove

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood all the love for Bruce either, when other artists cover your songs and they turn out much better you just aren't doing enough. His songs put me to sleep :shrugs:

I agree only I don't think this applies to Bruce except the one song we're all thinking of. This rule DEFINITELY applies to Bob Dylan, though, and The Band as well.

I've never understood all the love for Bruce either, when other artists cover your songs and they turn out much better you just aren't doing enough. His songs put me to sleep :shrugs:

I agree only I don't think this applies to Bruce except the one song we're all thinking of. This rule DEFINITELY applies to Bob Dylan, though, and The Band as well.

If its Blinded by the Light, Bruce's version is superior in all regards.

If its Blinded by the Light, Bruce's version is superior in all regards.

While Bruce's seems to make more sense, I like the sort of mystical, somewhat haunting sounds in Manfred Mann's better. It's sort of the same reason why I like Robert Plant's version of Hey Joe better than Jimi Hendrix's, though Jimi did a great job with his version, too. I give Bruce a solid B on his Blinded by the Light, and Manfred Mann's Earth Band an A+ for taking a decent song and making it magical.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

I never really appreciated him until these two songs started getting heavy rotation on VH1-Classic (Great Channel by the way), and I couldn't get them out of my head; So I picked up a couple of his albums.

I have to be in the mood to listen to him, but when I'm in "that mood", his music is like candy to my ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h8bz7yaTeE&player_feature=embed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lb9XxRNKBg&player_feature=embed

Edited by SunnyDRE

"Spirit In The Night" is my favorite song right now. Completely changed my view on him. I heard it on the radio one day, and when I got home I decided to listen to the Born to Run album, which I found amazing. I then proceeded to listen to the rest of the Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. and loved it, as well.

And for the record, I think I like Bruce's and Manfred Mann's versions of "Blinded by the Light" about equally.

I lol at Springsteen.

Flame away.

>"I lol at Springsteen"

>iron maiden signature

>oh u

I commend you for finally flaming me when I say that. No one ever takes me up on it.

And it's a good thing I accept the fact that most of the world finds Maiden ridiculous. ;)

"Spirit In The Night" is my favorite song right now. Completely changed my view on him. I heard it on the radio one day, and when I got home I decided to listen to the Born to Run album, which I found amazing. I then proceeded to listen to the rest of the Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. and loved it, as well.

And for the record, I think I like Bruce's and Manfred Mann's versions of "Blinded by the Light" about equally.

If you like Greetings (tough album for alot of ppl to get into) you will most likely enjoy alot of Bruce's material. Spirit in the Night is a great song.

Flew to Buffalo for his tour finale in November 09. He played the entire Greetings Album. Superb show.

Go to the Wolfgangs Vault website and listen to the 1973 and 1978 concerts. You can listen to some of the songs or the whole thing and get an idea of it's up your alley or not. There's also a lot of great concerts on that site, anything Bill Graham ever had tape rolling for and some King Biscuit shows, they're still finding new stuff to put out 5 years later.

Every piece of Bruce Springsteen on the popular airwaves sucks. Not for me.

The rest of his stuff is tolerable, I guess. Certainly don't own any of his albums.

If you like Greetings (tough album for alot of ppl to get into) you will most likely enjoy alot of Bruce's material. Spirit in the Night is a great song.

Flew to Buffalo for his tour finale in November 09. He played the entire Greetings Album. Superb show.

His tour finale was in Buffalo? I thought he always ended his tour at East Rutherford.

His tour finale was in Buffalo? I thought he always ended his tour at East Rutherford.

Yep, it was Buffalo. Fantastic show. Played 3 hours and 32 minutes. It was a marathon

And I believe the Magic tour finale was in Milwaukee.

• 6 months later...