Official Oslo, Norway June 2nd Thread

SL138

Guys, I just came back from Oslo. Long road + 2 days of non-stop sightseeing I'm extremely tired.

I have the most amazing photos and videos that will make you shit your pants. Shitting is guaranteed so you better put on some baby wipes.

Anybody wants a 720p Rocket Queen !???

It was a big big pain in the ass to be able to shoot something. I wish they released some video material all these long years.

The security was absolutely amazing and they were very strict about cameras, however they should have checked my ****

So this is going to be my first photo from the venue.

p1020790u.th.jpg

I will comeback with a long review a lot of remarks and amazing media as soon as I can.

Edited by SL138

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reviews yet?

I got some insane pictures of Axl that I will upload later btw, I stood on the first row right in the middle during the whole show rock3

why don't you start with your own review?? :tongue2:

OK. It was a great show, Axl sounded great and the band was tight, tighter than the last time they were here in 2006. I came to the venue about 9:50, and they started about 10:00. Axl was smiling alot and seemed to have a great time. During This I Love he fucked up at first because he couldn't hear anything so he said something like "Stop the song, I can't hear myself for shit" or something like that. And the crowd started laughing and Axl laughed too and smiled, so they started over again and it went smoothly!

Somebody also threw a Swedish flag on the stage and Axl wore it like a cape. Then people started booing, witch was kinda funny too :lol:

So Axl had some sound problems. I think the sound engineer should be changed. It's not the first time something like this happens.

Sound problems? That's the reason why bands do rehearsels before the show, not during the shows.

Axl Roses' voice:

Christian and any others who were at the Oslo gig - can you say if Axl's voice was better, worse or about the same when you saw him in 2006 or if you have seen him before that was it better, worse or the same.

The sound:

Don't shoot the sound man - in my view (although I have only been to the Spektrum twice) this venue is poor for sound. I assume not much attention was paid to that as I understand it was originally built as a hockey venue. IF I was the reporter from the paper and gave stars on the SOUND QUALITY it would only be two as well. I seriously think tickets here should be cheaper due to it. Maybe some bands are not affected so much. What the reporter did not do was mark it on entertainment value or effort put in - that was certainly much higher

Okay, so another show over. Oslo was absolutely amazing. The crowd was a bit better than in Bergen, and the band was super tight. I don't mind the sound problems, why should I? It got fixed in a few seconds, have people really that little patience? The setlist was the same as in Bergen. ersonally I'd like to hear some other songs, as I'm going to more than one show. But again, most people are going to one, so can't blame anyone for that. Maybe they'll throw in some other songs in Helsinki tomorrow :D

They amazed me once again. What a good band. Axl's voice is perfect, I can't believe how great he's singing. This I Love tells it all. Richard and Ron recognized me and my friend, and pointed at us from the stage, which was cool. And in the middle of the show one in the crew came down and gave us two of DJ's plectrums 'cause he'd remembered us from Bergen. God, I'm so happy :D

If this wasn't enough, we managed to walk into Axl, Richard, DJ and Ron on the street near their hotel. Tommy was there too for a second, but he dissapeared before anyone got to say anything to him. (I knew I should've stopped him that day after the rehearsal, but I was in shock...) Axl was so nice to everyone, taking his time to sign, talk and take some pictures. Talked a bit to Ron before he went inside. He even gave me this big hug and said "So you're here too?" He's awesome. Talked a bit to DJ and Richard, got my Sixx:a.m. signed.. And Richard said outloud "I'm NOT signing a Sixx:a.m. record" and laughed. Had CD for him of course. He was so nice, remembered that we'd stayed at exactly the same place both in Oslo and Bergen. Oh well, you get the place you want as long as you get in line early enough :P

I could tell forever.. But I'll stop for now. I'm off to see the city Helsinki. Tomorrow another show, can't wait :D

Guys, I just came back from Oslo. Long road + 2 days of non-stop sightseeing I'm extremely tired.

I have the most amazing photos and videos that will make you shit your pants. Shitting is guaranteed so you better put on some baby wipes.

Anybody wants a 720p Rocket Queen !???

I want! :thumbsup:

Okay, so another show over. Oslo was absolutely amazing. The crowd was a bit better than in Bergen, and the band was super tight. I don't mind the sound problems, why should I? It got fixed in a few seconds, have people really that little patience? The setlist was the same as in Bergen. ersonally I'd like to hear some other songs, as I'm going to more than one show. But again, most people are going to one, so can't blame anyone for that. Maybe they'll throw in some other songs in Helsinki tomorrow :D

They amazed me once again. What a good band. Axl's voice is perfect, I can't believe how great he's singing. This I Love tells it all. Richard and Ron recognized me and my friend, and pointed at us from the stage, which was cool. And in the middle of the show one in the crew came down and gave us two of DJ's plectrums 'cause he'd remembered us from Bergen. God, I'm so happy :D

If this wasn't enough, we managed to walk into Axl, Richard, DJ and Ron on the street near their hotel. Tommy was there too for a second, but he dissapeared before anyone got to say anything to him. (I knew I should've stopped him that day after the rehearsal, but I was in shock...) Axl was so nice to everyone, taking his time to sign, talk and take some pictures. Talked a bit to Ron before he went inside. He even gave me this big hug and said "So you're here too?" He's awesome. Talked a bit to DJ and Richard, got my Sixx:a.m. signed.. And Richard said outloud "I'm NOT signing a Sixx:a.m. record" and laughed. Had CD for him of course. He was so nice, remembered that we'd stayed at exactly the same place both in Oslo and Bergen. Oh well, you get the place you want as long as you get in line early enough :P

I could tell forever.. But I'll stop for now. I'm off to see the city Helsinki. Tomorrow another show, can't wait :D

Were you first in line at entrance 5? :) I saw a crew member giving something to a girl right of me, standing in front in that "corner" (I was front row center of the stage). Recognized her from outside, that's why I ask ;)

Amazing show by the way. Axl sounded frickin' fantastic! :o

ok guys guess I managed to solve the codec issues. original size is pretty big so I had to compress it. still in HD though

Here's my first video from the concert

1- This I Love ( Solo to the end ) -

Edited by SL138

ok guys guess I managed to solve the codec issues. original size is pretty big so I had to compress it. still in HD though

Here's my first video from the concert

That was awsome, super quality.. thanx man..

Btw, that show was insane good, just listen to his voice... man i had a great night.

Here's my review of the concert. (btw im not a newbie as it says in my profile :-) Im here since 99 but I was banned more than a year ago for some reason no explanation whatsoever)

Trip to Oslo was worth every penny. Im very satisfied with this concert. absolutely amazing. I will talk a little more about the production stuff since its my area and then about the songs.

Queue staterd to form around 5pm. Which was very strange for me cuz we usually arrive very early in the morning or the night before with a pile of food and beverage

Security was absolutely perfect. I also worked myself as coordinator of security in some concerts. So I hid my camera very well(and succeeded). I've been to more than 200 shows of this size and they were the best so far. Congrats to ProSec !

Danko Jones was on stage exactly at 19:30 and off at exactly 20:32. Very punctual and good show !. When he played the venue was only %40 full

After danko preps for gn'r started. At that time I was in the first row right next to gn'r cameraman on the right side. People started to play with some sort of balloons behind us it was very funny.

Then I saw fernando talking to head of security. Then another guy from the crew came in and told the security that the show was going to start with a lot fireworks and told them not to stay too close to the stage.

Spotlightning guys climbed on the roof though job !. It was around 21:20. There was some problems with the (lyrics flow)screen on the right side apparently, they changed it 3 times. Same 4:3 screens from 2006. Need to upgrade maybe ??

GN'R hit the stage at 22:02. Pretty acceptable 1 hour delay compared to other GN'R concerts.

The place was %70 full so my guess would be 7000 people.

Nice opening with fireworks, crew congratulated each other since there were no accidents. They put a lot of attention on the opening scene.

Axl was on the stage a little earlier than the explosion. He could have appeared at the same time behind the smoke curtain. that wd be cooler.

Throughout the whole show the pyros and the fireworks were always late ! This really fucks up the rythm.

Also the same problem with the giant led panel behind frank. There was at least 400ms delay. Didn't look so good !

However other led curtains were really nice. They used 4 transparent curtains 2 on each side and moving gobo lights behind them.

Spiral lightning truss from the asian leg was better though. The stage was exactly 1.8 meters high.

In the first row the sound mix was horrible. There was too much frank and very little axl. One can easily think that axls voice is f*d up but thats not true. Front row speakers were too few. I was in a dead spot. I could hear side filler speakers that were on the stage.

So, imo, they need better front of house engineering. Then I went back a little behind like in the 6-7th row and more in the middle. Sound was much better at that spot. So be careful with where you stand ! Unless you wanna see them sweat from upclose the first row isn't good.

They unmounted the opening scene fireworks launchers right after Mr. Brownstone. Axl was using the same shure wireless microphone (58) and his ear canal monitors looked like shure 530's to me. His red mic stand was a little crooked because of all the throwing I guess =)

He threw the stand right into richard/bumble 's amp cabin stack. Also they have new mesa boogies now which is nice. Glad the cabinets weren't mic'ed from the front. Otherwise Axl could have destroyed the setup with his mic stand.

Bumble has nice stack of guitars he used 2 doublenecks one gold one black. Guess he really likes french Vigier. Ashba has customized Les Pauls with very nice looks. Richard is (as a guitarist myself) my favorite player of all times maybe after steve vai. He has the best equipment, the best technique and the coolest moves on stage. Bumble also has good skills but he stands out more with his loyalty to his fans. Ashba is more into looks like slash was. He plays nice but not as skilled as bumble or richard. I don't think he has slash's soul but he is as cool as him for sure. Ashba solo was also too easy to play. He can try a little more challenging stuff. He had a nice Levy's strap.

While axl is still trying hard to fill in slashs spot with 3 unique and amazing players, chris gets forgotten in the background ! I wish we could see more of him. Cuz im sure he is amazing, he should stand out more and definitely put out a solo. Frank and Tommy were the funniest. Can't forget tommys plays with axl and franks never-ending drum attack at the end of november rain which made axl laugh a lot(you will get to see this in one of my recordings). Axl and Dizzy used 2 different pianos both baldwin and hid under franks drums. Axl's one had mirrored coating. The lyric flow screen in front of Axl was the biggest pain in the ass. Caused a lot of problems. New 2010 monitors are also good and have some space to step on. While axl richard and ashba used this a lot, Bumble seemed afraid of stepping on it and as far as I remember he never did. There was a problem with Axl's wireless reception quality only on the left part of the stage. It was getting distorted and thinner everytime he went to the left end. In general security was 10/10, lightning 8/10, pyro and effects 7/10, sound 7/10, stage design and modularity 8/10

Let me go more about the songs and performance

The setlist could have been better maybe with a short acoustic part. I missed "patience". Crowd was soo boring in CD songs. Nodoby around me knew the lyrics. Especially in madagascar it was a complete silence as if someone died.

Highlights were: WTTJ, This I love, NRain, ycbm, scom, nightrain, pc . The crowd had the most fun in those songs as you can guess. Well everybody has a different perfect setlist. Can't discuss too much about it.

Axl was always smiling during wttj. (who said he is sad ? not at all ) It's so easy/mr brownstone were also very nice. At the end of Sorry the mix went too noisy. But it is nice to hear it live. Rocket queen is maybe in my top 5 gnr songs. It sounded just OK. It could have been stronger.

Fortus solo was better in 2006. He is capable of doing everything. At the beginning of the concert he was barely walking straight on stage. He looked like a little too drunk like slash in indiana. At some point I was afraid he was gonna fall off the stage. His looks and smiles were really weird.

It was like the father bumble and his two funny naughty kids named ashba and richard. This I Love was also amazing. Nice solo from ashba. Axl was late for singing at the beginnig. He said "I can't hear shit !" and they started over. Live and let die didn't have real pyro but just the sound of it. Not a genius idea ! . Sound problem at the begining of dizzy solo but fixed in 30 seconds. SoD was also only OK like rqueen. Ycbm was amazing Axl tore his vocal cords apart. He really does like singing this one. But after that he couldn't turn the sharp edges at the end of scom which was also very nice in overall. November rain was one of my favorites from this concert. Solos were perfect and at the end it turned into a comedy show. Bumble was looking so cool during the solo but then when frank continued after the regular ending Ron became a little stressed and Axl had the most fun. After a little break for Axl he appered again on stage with his white KOHD hat. He was looking distracted during the whole song. He lost his concentration and sang it like he was in a dream. Nightrain was perfect and punchy they all had the best attitude on it. Before the encore they lit a flashlight behind franks drum. Nice idea to make the crowd cheer. They came back with better and maddy. Axls voice was really tired at this point and he sang the middle part of better in a lower register. However he tried his best, he didn't give up and his best was enough. Madagascar was also nicely done but the crowd started leaving the venue from behind maybe because it was 00:00

End of the show with a classic PC axl stayed a little too long in his oxygen room during the solo. Confettis were only red this time. No blue or white ones. I love PC, I love the show effects and stuff. As always the ending was my favorite moment.

All in all Axl is much better than 2006 ! The band is more like a family now. They were happy to be there, happy to perform and we all felt this. Nice show. I wd separately give

CHINESE DEMOCRACY 8/10 - WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE 10/10 - ITS SO EASY 9/10 - MR BROWNSTONE 8/10 - SORRY 7/10 - FORTUS SOLO 7/10 - THIS I LOVE 9/10

LIVE AND LET DIE 7/10 - ROCKET QUEEN 7/10 - DIZZY SOLO 7/10 - STREET OF DREAMS 7/10 - BAND JAM 8/10 - YOU COULD BE MINE 10/10 - ASHBA SOLO 6/10

SCOM 8/10 - PIANO SOLO 7/10 - NOVEMBER RAIN 10/10 - BBF SOLO 8/10 - KOHD 7/10 - NIGHTRAIN 9/10 - MADDY 6/10 - BETTER 7/10 - PC 10/10

I want to share some of my photos and of course...

gnrslashtroslo6.th.jpggnrslashtroslo5.th.jpggnrslashtroslo4.th.jpggnrslashtroslo3.th.jpggnrslashtroslo2.th.jpggnrslashtroslo1.th.jpg

the videos that I promised in 720p !

3rd one November Rain solo will make you shit your pants. Best bootleg I have ever recorded. Watch many times and you will see different things. All players in the same shot. Enjoy ! ! !

2- Rocket Queen ( Full ) -

3- November Rain ( Solo to the end ) AMAZING !! -

Edited by SL138

Nice post, SL138.

Just two comments.

1. Those balloons were condoms ;)

2. I was front row, one person from the absolute center. I heard Axl throughout the whole concert really good, amazed by how good he sounded. However, the guitars were way too low, at least in the beginning! So, don't really agree with you on the sound mix in the first row.

Nice post, SL138.

Just two comments.

1. Those balloons were condoms ;)

2. I was front row, one person from the absolute center. I heard Axl throughout the whole concert really good, amazed by how good he sounded. However, the guitars were way too low, at least in the beginning! So, don't really agree with you on the sound mix in the first row.

1. I didnt know condoms could get that big =) I was suspicious of that. A balloon without any color ? that just cant be true=)

2. yes you are right. sound can be good in the first row but only if you are right in front of the speakers which were either in the middle or on the far left or right.

so if you are on the sides of axls catwalk there are dead spots.

I could tell forever.. But I'll stop for now. I'm off to see the city Helsinki. Tomorrow another show, can't wait

Were you first in line at entrance 5? :) I saw a crew member giving something to a girl right of me, standing in front in that "corner" (I was front row center of the stage). Recognized her from outside, that's why I ask ;)

Amazing show by the way. Axl sounded frickin' fantastic!

Yeah, that's me! Was in line from 10:30 that morning, god :P He gave two pics to me and my friend, as they recognized us from Bergen.

Now we're having a night out (I love Helsinki btw) And tomorrow, another gnr show!!!! Can't wait :D

I could tell forever.. But I'll stop for now. I'm off to see the city Helsinki. Tomorrow another show, can't wait

Amazing show by the way. Axl sounded frickin' fantastic!

Yeah, that's me! Was in line from 10:30 that morning, god :P He gave two pics to me and my friend, as they recognized us from Bergen.

Now we're having a night out (I love Helsinki btw) And tomorrow, another gnr show!!!! Can't wait :D

in my This I Love recording Ashba points out something or someone maybe that was you ... check it

GN'R hit th

Bumble has nice stack of guitars he used 2 doublenecks one gold one black. Guess he really likes french Vigier. Ashba has customized Les Pauls with very nice looks Richard is (as a guitarist myself) my favorite player of all times maybe after steve vai. He has the best equipment, the best technique and the coolest moves on stage. Bumble also has good skills but he stands out more with his loyalty to his fans. Ashba is more into looks like slash was. He plays nice but not as skilled as bumble or richard. I don't think he has slash's soul but he is as cool as him for sure. Ashba solo was also too easy to play. He can try a little more challenging stuff. He had a nice Levy's strap.

As a guitar player you should know that Bumble is the best guitarist(By FAAARR) that GnR has ever had in terms of technicality. Also Steve Vai, not that great.

The day Richard.....or hell even Bucket can play this...

...Thats the day i say the they are even close to Ron's technical ability.

GN'R hit th

Bumble has nice stack of guitars he used 2 doublenecks one gold one black. Guess he really likes french Vigier. Ashba has customized Les Pauls with very nice looks Richard is (as a guitarist myself) my favorite player of all times maybe after steve vai. He has the best equipment, the best technique and the coolest moves on stage. Bumble also has good skills but he stands out more with his loyalty to his fans. Ashba is more into looks like slash was. He plays nice but not as skilled as bumble or richard. I don't think he has slash's soul but he is as cool as him for sure. Ashba solo was also too easy to play. He can try a little more challenging stuff. He had a nice Levy's strap.

As a guitar player you should know that Bumble is the best guitarist(By FAAARR) that GnR has ever had in terms of technicality. Also Steve Vai, not that great.

everyones entitled to their opinion

ron is also extremely skilled, but compared to richard, he is like a guitar nerd or studio rat to me.

surely ron is the anchor point gn'r needed for years but richard is the unstable rockstar that fits gn'r image better. (image created by slash)

so they are both good in different ways. I'd choose richard over any other gn'r guitarist cuz he is so fu*kin mad on stage ! a real entertainer !

in any case the winner is axl. cuz he is the one who wants gn'r fans to have different favorite players to avoid one standing out too much and become indispensable for gn'r like slash did.

GN'R hit th

everyones entitled to their opinion

ron is also extremely skilled, but compared to richard, he is like a guitar nerd or studio rat to me.

surely ron is the anchor point gn'r needed for years but richard is the unstable rockstar that fits gn'r image better. (image created by slash)

so they are both good in different ways. I'd choose richard over any other gn'r guitarist cuz he is so fu*kin mad on stage ! a real entertainer !

in any case the winner is axl. cuz he is the one who wants gn'r fans to have different favorite players to avoid one standing out too much and become indispensable for gn'r like slash did.

True, but you did say the Richard had the best technique, which is entirely false.