Official Oslo, Norway June 2nd Thread

SL138

Back to France,the last days were fucking insane. It was the first time I was seeing Guns N' Roses and we met Axl in the street!

I went to both Oslo and Bergen shows and I met the most amazing GNR fans I've ever met, norwegian people kick ass. Even the drug dealers near my hotel were nice to me. The pre-party show in Oslo organized by Here today Gone to hell was great, but the place we went after the show, the Con bar café (or something like that) was a lot of fun, we danced on fucking Coma!! That was great!! I would like to say hi to Odd, Reidar, all their friends I met at the pre-party and during the show and of course Scaramouche and her friend, amazing times, the fans were a big part of why I enjoyed my stay in Norway so much, and singing Patience walking in the street at night with GNR fans was priceless (especially when we met the band a few minutes after).

Anyway, the Bergen show was fucking insane, I came at 5 pm and still got to be at the very front on the barrier in the middle. The band KICKED ass, they were tight as fuck, on a technical point of view it was mindblowing, Axl's voice was PHENOMENAL!!! They really master their show, no gap between the songs (the small gaps are filled by Frank Ferrer on drums, which I thought was a bit lame at times), DJ is an awesome showman and looks at his audience while playing, Richard Fortus came to me as a drug addict (his mad eyes were looking in every direction and he talks to himself, looks like he was swearing, or I don't know) but I hope I'm wrong, Bumblefoot stayed in the back on that first show, so did Tommy Stinson. The mix was fantastic, sound was really great and the setlist had so much energy it kicked our asses.

In Oslo, since it was the same setlist, I was a bit let down, I expected more Chinese Democracy songs, especially There was a time. The sound was shit that night contrary to Bergen, and it seemed that the band had bad feedback since Axl stopped This I love (that was funny though). I thought it was lame to play exactly the same setlist in almost the same order, but even so, the songs and the solos (especially Fortus' James Bond who totally steals the show) have so much power and Axl is so in shape you really don't care much about the setlist in the end (but come on guys... TWAT).

Anyway, I prefered the Bergen show for a lot of reasons, but somehow the audience was better in Oslo, even in a not completely filled arena.

The highlight of this night was meeting the band. Axl was a fucking king, he was extremely nice and humble and calm to everyone around him, signed every autograph, took every single picture, he was just so cool, it contradicted every bad review I had read on him. He is the man. I love him even more.

However, I was let down by Bumblefoot. I had already met him in Bergen and he said "thank you" but it wasn't a honest "thank you", you know it was just the kind of sentence to make you think he cares about you. In Oslo, I asked him if he didn't mind if I asked him something, he answered "no no what is it you want to ask me?", so I told him I knew they had rehearsed it in Bergen with the band, and if he could talk to Axl so they could play it on the next shows, and he just turned his back on me and went away. That being said, he looked half-drunk so I can't blame him too much.

But it just seems to me, he is not the hero some of you think he is, I can tell when a person is honest, and in Bumblefoot's case, I think he just likes to be the "hero" of the fans, he likes to make himself look good (like when he's the last one leaving the stage and throwing 5 or 6 picks to random people in the audience, like he's some kind of Santa Claus or something), but truth is, deep inside, I think he cares more about what you think of him and about his image than about you. Could be wrong but he gave me this impression both nights.

Anyway, the night closed great cos Green day just passed right by us in front of the grand hotel, some fan asked them for an autograph and one of them said "no, we don't do that", and Odd and I started to make fun of them as they were here "Oh we're Green Day, we don't sign autograph, we're too cool for that!!! Fuck that shit... Green Day SUCKS! We met fucking Axl Rose and he signed every autograph". That was the best time :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I'm fucking tired, I had the best time in Norway, Guns N' Roses is TIGHT, Axl Rose is King, and I swear that I'll... hmm shouldn't talk about that here.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea if Ron is half drunk I don't blame him. But as many know I have met him many, many times and in all of those meetings he seemed to be the most down to earth, nice, and giving person I have ever met from an artist in a big band.

Yea if Ron is half drunk I don't blame him. But as many know I have met him many, many times and in all of those meetings he seemed to be the most down to earth, nice, and giving person I have ever met from an artist in a big band.

Yeah... the problem is that he was sober (it was right after the show anyway so I suppose he was sober) when I met him in Bergen, and he gave me the same impression of not caring deep inside, he's just throwing thank yous to make a good impression. Maybe it wasn't the right night either since I heard he was kind of mad at Axl this night. When we met him he was in a hurry, telling off he wasn't in charge of backstage passes, that he couldn't help us get in there (but he didn't say it in a nice way, it was like "I don't care if you can't get in, I'm not gonna try, I'm not in charge, see ya, oh and thanks for coming"), and basically didn't give a fuck that we had waited for him and wanted to talk a bit about the show.

It's a combination of stuff that disappointed me, but I believe it was bad days for him. Luckily, Axl was fucking awesome.

Yeah... the problem is that he was sober (it was right after the show anyway so I suppose he was sober) when I met him in Bergen, and he gave me the same impression of not caring deep inside, he's just throwing thank yous to make a good impression. Maybe it wasn't the right night either since I heard he was kind of mad at Axl this night. When we met him he was in a hurry, telling off he wasn't in charge of backstage passes, that he couldn't help us get in there (but he didn't say it in a nice way, it was like "I don't care if you can't get in, I'm not gonna try, I'm not in charge, see ya, oh and thanks for coming"), and basically didn't give a fuck that we had waited for him and wanted to talk a bit about the show.

It's a combination of stuff that disappointed me, but I believe it was bad days for him. Luckily, Axl was fucking awesome.

I kinda find that hard to believe. I've been a fan of Ron since the 90's, and met him 9 or 10 times, more than half before GnR. I never seen him treat a fan like this.Hell even in 06 I wasnt even looking at him in the street and he shouted. "Hey Man!!!", so I know he cares for fans A LOT. Then again you also asked if he could change the setlist up for you, which I know he appreciate, also the fact that he was possibly mad at Axl and such.

GN'R hit th

Bumble has nice stack of guitars he used 2 doublenecks one gold one black. Guess he really likes french Vigier. Ashba has customized Les Pauls with very nice looks Richard is (as a guitarist myself) my favorite player of all times maybe after steve vai. He has the best equipment, the best technique and the coolest moves on stage. Bumble also has good skills but he stands out more with his loyalty to his fans. Ashba is more into looks like slash was. He plays nice but not as skilled as bumble or richard. I don't think he has slash's soul but he is as cool as him for sure. Ashba solo was also too easy to play. He can try a little more challenging stuff. He had a nice Levy's strap.

As a guitar player you should know that Bumble is the best guitarist(By FAAARR) that GnR has ever had in terms of technicality. Also Steve Vai, not that great.

The day Richard.....or hell even Bucket can play this...

...Thats the day i say the they are even close to Ron's technical ability.

everyones entitled to their opinion

ron is also extremely skilled, but compared to richard, he is like a guitar nerd or studio rat to me.

surely ron is the anchor point gn'r needed for years but richard is the unstable rockstar that fits gn'r image better. (image created by slash)

so they are both good in different ways. I'd choose richard over any other gn'r guitarist cuz he is so fu*kin mad on stage ! a real entertainer !

in any case the winner is axl. cuz he is the one who wants gn'r fans to have different favorite players to avoid one standing out too much and become indispensable for gn'r like slash did.

True, but you did say the Richard had the best technique, which is entirely false.

as i was typing this i realized you were trolling, but anyway

Edited by 8-ball

okay so that concert was the best ive ever been too. Axls voice have improved ALOT since 2006!

The whole band was on fire. And all the songs they played was perfectly done. Hlights were CD, This I Love, Sorry, November Rain, Better, Maddy, Nightrain.......all of them really :P

I really wish they would have played Shacklers Revenge and TWAT tough... maybe they will play them in sweden :)

Alright.

Now, pick up a guitar and study both Night of The Slunk and Guitars Still Suck and see which one is more difficult.

Hint : it's not Night of The Slunk.

Technique isn't about how fast it sounds but how hard it is to play...

Night of the Slunk is more or less "just" difficult legato...

Here's my first video from the concert

1- This I Love ( Solo to the end ) -

:shocked:

That's amazing quality! How much of the concert were you able to record?

I have also Scom (solo to the end)

Full Better and Full PC

I will share those later

all in 720p

I'm glad that my first 3 videos had 2.000 viewers in less than a day

Alright.

Now, pick up a guitar and study both Night of The Slunk and Guitars Still Suck and see which one is more difficult.

Hint : it's not Night of The Slunk.

Technique isn't about how fast it sounds but how hard it is to play...

Night of the Slunk is more or less "just" difficult legato...

Jesus and he thought that I was trolling....lol.

Your problem is your expectations.

1.) You asked him if 'they could get Axl to do______ song" - uhm, how many times has he been asked this? How many times has he said 'well... we try, we're ready, we'll see what happens'. You try getting asked the same thing 1,000 times by someone who should know better, after YOU get off of work. It's got to be deflating to meet so many fans that just say and ask the same shit night after night. Get off script. No wonder Roger Waters imagined planes shooting the stadium crowds.

2.) Again, how many times do fans try and exploit his approachableness by just trying to get back stage?

It's called being tired of the same shit.

Ron's entited to that.

okay so that concert was the best ive ever been too. Axls voice have improved ALOT since 2006!

The whole band was on fire. And all the songs they played was perfectly done. Hlights were CD, This I Love, Sorry, November Rain, Better, Maddy, Nightrain.......all of them really :P

I really wish they would have played Shacklers Revenge and TWAT tough... maybe they will play them in sweden :)

Long time no see? Glad you'd a good time man.

Back to France,the last days were fucking insane. It was the first time I was seeing Guns N' Roses and we met Axl in the street!

I went to both Oslo and Bergen shows and I met the most amazing GNR fans I've ever met, norwegian people kick ass. Even the drug dealers near my hotel were nice to me. The pre-party show in Oslo organized by Here today Gone to hell was great, but the place we went after the show, the Con bar café (or something like that) was a lot of fun, we danced on fucking Coma!! That was great!! I would like to say hi to Odd, Reidar, all their friends I met at the pre-party and during the show and of course Scaramouche and her friend, amazing times, the fans were a big part of why I enjoyed my stay in Norway so much, and singing Patience walking in the street at night with GNR fans was priceless (especially when we met the band a few minutes after).

Ah.. Glad you enjoyed it. Think you met me then, if you are who I think you are, I was the guy in the Uzi Suicide shirt;)

In regards to the Bumblefoot discussion, here's his most recent tweet which maybe explains things a bit:

BIIIG thanks to Ilkka & everyone at DLX Music for hosting a great Helsinki meet-n-greet, along with my Engl amp brethren that put all the pieces together to make these meet-n-greets happen. And especially everyone that came down today, great to meet (& greet) you all!! Spent 2 or 3 hours signing GNR albums & shirts, photos, B'foot albums, and then saw lots of familiar faces in the crowd at the show... was a pleasure playing for you all tonight :) And in Norway too... I wasn't in the best spirits at the Norway shows (nothing Norway-related), sometimes ya just can't bury what you feel - it's even tougher when you're trying to give yourself to the audience, it's like driving with both feet pressed hard on the gas and the brake simultaneously, ya burn up all your energy internally and can't take yourself where you need to go. Glad to have bandmates that can keep spirits lifted, for you and for me. Lookin' forward to coming back to Russia - toured there on my own in '04, '05... see ya's soon :)

http://www.bumblefoot.com/gallery/Bumblefoot-20040923-Moscow.jpg

(Moscow, '04)

Dj ASHBA™ Axl, Dizzy and Myself took the early bird! Just landed in Oslo! :thumbsup:

djoslo.jpg

I know that this is off topic but....what style are those jeans called? They look like flares at the bottom which I like. I've been tryin' to get such a pair for ages. Can anyone PM me this if they know?

Dj ASHBA™ Axl, Dizzy and Myself took the early bird! Just landed in Oslo! :thumbsup:

djoslo.jpg

I know that this is off topic but....what style are those jeans called? They look like flares at the bottom which I like. I've been tryin' to get such a pair for ages. Can anyone PM me this if they know?

i feel bad for you for asking that question because i, too, have asked similar stuff before and have practically gotten raped up the reply-ass with stuff like "yer gay if you care about that kinda stuff!!" and "wtf does it matter?! fag..." etc. Apparently, according to some, your question; and mine, before; are invalid... "I say fuck that." To answer seriously though, they might be True Religion. I've seen DJ wearing that brand before (can typically tell by the horseshoe-looking stitching on the ass [yes i know i'm setting myself up here]) and the "Joey" cut is the style Axl rocks on stage a lot; also in the pictures taken outside Essex House in NY. Brett Michaels is also seen wearing them a lot. So yeah, True Religion is probably the brand.

Ah.. Glad you enjoyed it. Think you met me then, if you are who I think you are, I was the guy in the Uzi Suicide shirt;)

Hey man, yeah it's me and I remember you, one of the few guys that was taller than me in Oslo haha, you guys rock, I hope you're coming to Paris this september :thumbsup:

1.) You asked him if 'they could get Axl to do______ song" - uhm, how many times has he been asked this? How many times has he said 'well... we try, we're ready, we'll see what happens'. You try getting asked the same thing 1,000 times by someone who should know better, after YOU get off of work. It's got to be deflating to meet so many fans that just say and ask the same shit night after night. Get off script. No wonder Roger Waters imagined planes shooting the stadium crowds.

2.) Again, how many times do fans try and exploit his approachableness by just trying to get back stage?

Ron's entited to that.

I wouldn't have expected anything if it wasn't for the great awesome reviews about Ron. I don't think a lot of people asked him about TWAT being rehearsed in Bergen and if they could possibly try to get Axl to do it, it was just a simple question, I wouldn't have mind "no" but instead he just went away. And considering the backstage stuff, there are many ways to deal with & answer, he just didn't do it nicely.

That being said maybe he really was in a bad week afterall considering his last tweet.

But anyway I don't care much about this meeting with him, it doesn't change the fact I love his music and performances in the band.

But Axl deeply understand this kind of meetings. His calm attitude really amazed me.

Hey man, yeah it's me and I remember you, one of the few guys that was taller than me in Oslo haha, you guys rock, I hope you're coming to Paris this september :thumbsup:

Hehe. Maybe we should go there again. Went down to see them at the Bercy in 2006, and it was a great experience:)

Ron's entited to that.

Exactly. We all have good days and bad days and the guys in the band are no different than the rest of us. Also, they are pretty nice with everyone yet people insist on stupid stuff and imo, patience has a limit. Some people just don´t know when to stop annoying the guys be it BBF, Richard or whoever.

I wouldn't have expected anything if it wasn't for the great awesome reviews about Ron. I don't think a lot of people asked him about TWAT being rehearsed in Bergen and if they could possibly try to get Axl to do it, it was just a simple question, I wouldn't have mind "no" but instead he just went away. And considering the backstage stuff, there are many ways to deal with & answer, he just didn't do it nicely.

That being said maybe he really was in a bad week afterall considering his last tweet.

But anyway I don't care much about this meeting with him, it doesn't change the fact I love his music and performances in the band.

But Axl deeply understand this kind of meetings. His calm attitude really amazed me.

Honnestly, he was probably really pissed.

The only time I have met him in person he's been like the coolest person ever. Exactly like everybody says.

Also, I really think that he cares about his fans.

This is a personal example and I probably should not share it but anyway...

Back in 2005, I was really depressed and thought I was going crazy ( as in my body and brain did stuff they weren't supposed to do ). One evening I was pretty tired of all that bullshit and created a thread about it on Ron's forum ( about depression and nervous breakdown ) and after a while Ron posted something very personal about how he usually forces himself in the right state of mind by saying "FUCK IT" to everything that does not matter. I thanked him and then he sent me a message and said it was alright, that his forum would be pointless he we could not be there for each other when somebody needs help.

This is the kind of guy he is. He didn't have to say anything. He could have just said "get better !" or whatever but no, he took the time to write something that mattered.

Dark Angel, huge fan of Bumblefoot, lost her Guns n' Roses ticket through the mail. She was really angry about it but didn't ask anything from him. Now she's Ron's personal guest. Who else does this ?

I realize that I don't know him personally, that all I know of him is whatever he decides to show but my own experience of him has always been great.

I just hope that nothing serious happened and that if he's had a falling out with Axl, that it is solved by now. :shrugs:

2. I was front row, one person from the absolute center. I heard Axl throughout the whole concert really good, amazed by how good he sounded. However, the guitars were way too low, at least in the beginning! So, don't really agree with you on the sound mix in the first row.

I agree with him... I was also in the front... I think I stood pretty close to him actually and the sound was not good at all!

Long time no see? Glad you'd a good time man.

Long time indeed ^^ Im on here from time to time, but dont post much :)

Say what you want about this band but one thing is 4 sure they can bring it! DJ has come along way since Canada he is nailing his solos! No matter what you can look back at the old lineup and they had there off nights as well. This band seems to just get BETTER thought I know Better. Bring it to the states and I am looking frwd to NYC AS Hammerstien was my favoriote show of all time and Axl Loves New York!